Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,043 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Do You Give Out Flowers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Give Out Flowers? (773 Views)

I Got Flowers Today / Florists/flowers In Kaduna / Please Recommend Good Websites That Deliver Flowers To Doorstep. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by colonel20: 10:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Why do we present flowers to loved ones either when they are sick, dead or we are in a relationship with them?
If you have either received or given a flower, what symbol did it specifically represent?
Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by EfemenaXY: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2014
It's just an expression of thoughtfulness and like you rightly asserted, is applicable to various scenarios.

Foreign, but beautiful concept though.
Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by colonel20: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2014
I was watching a movie, and a friend had to change fresh flowers at a hospital room... I was wondering if it alleviates pain? cheesy
Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by EfemenaXY: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2014
It brightens up the room. Sort of gives it a cheery feel, which is what you'll want your friend / relation / patient at the hospital to feel. Giving out flowers also shows that you care.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by 5minsmadness: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2014
I gave a girl a rose once. It was her birthday and I wanted to profess my love. It was an even more difficulttask since iI had the rose flower ordered from the UK and then preserved it for a year, just so I could present it at that perfect moment.

She took the rose from my hands, stared at it, then burst into laughter. All her friends at the party followed suit. When she saw the hurt look in my eyes she stopped laughing, held the rose to her heart and said thanks, then put it on the table. She then went on to open her other gifts, clothes, wristwatches, etc.
The next day when I came to visit her the rose was nowhere to be seen. Her roommate told me she had thrown it out with the morning trash.

That was the first and last time I gave a lady anything remotely resembling a flower.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by EfemenaXY: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
5minsmadness: I gave a girl a rose once. It was her birthday and I wanted to profess my love. It was an even more difficulttask since iI had the rose flower ordered from the UK and then preserved it for a year, just so I could present it at that perfect moment.

She took the rose from my hands, stared at it, then burst into laughter. All her friends at the party followed suit. When she saw the hurt look in my eyes she stopped laughing, held the rose to her heart and said thanks, then put it on the table. She then went on to open her other gifts, clothes, wristwatches, etc.
The next day when I came to visit her the rose was nowhere to be seen. Her roommate told me she had thrown it out with the morning trash.

That was the first and last time I gave a lady anything remotely resembling a flower.

Awww...

Stop rolling with Mgbeke girls. I don tire to advice you sef.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
My granmother loves flowers so I bring her flowers each time I visit her and that is at least once a week. She has always fresh flowers at home because of me and her youngest son.
Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by colonel20: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
I've never giving a flower, I think it will feel awkward if i do or receive it... Where will I keep it? grin

Well, it sure is lovely seeing it in the movies
Re: Why Do You Give Out Flowers? by 5minsmadness: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

Awww...

Stop rolling with Mgbeke girls. I don tire to advice you sef.
grin

(1) (Reply)

General Overseeers Wife On The Run For Running Baby Factory / What Do We Do Parents? / What Special Thing Can I Do Or Get For My Mum #mother's_day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.