Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61167 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
snowprince07: ★error in typing connection grin

Hmmm, Okay

Pagelord!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Kaymania:

Hmmm, Okay

Pagelord!
lol...are you an EBIAGEE?? cheesy
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Kaymania:

Hmmm, Okay

Pagelord!
hia no b Sammy's avenue where we have pagelords o

BTW D9ty7 great one but Thursday will b very far
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oh my....
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
dammygoody: lol...are you an EBIAGEE?? cheesy
yea
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Kaymania: yea
No wonder...nice meeting fellow EBIAGEE.. grin
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by oluwashedy: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
D9ty7, always proof read ur updates b4 posting...Nice story
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
dammygoody: No wonder...nice meeting fellow EBIAGEE.. grin
same here, bro g0odiewink
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Melancholy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
kingphilip: it seems those people smelling n seeing or feeling both chemistry physics n biology forgot the 1st few chapters of this post Where they went for the introduction n so on
BTW D9ty7 continue jare I de follow follow
They dont know is a flashback,pls tell them.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Haderoncare(f): 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
D9ty7: Guys, am sorry I won't be able to update for a few days. Am presently not in the city of Ibadan. I'll be back on wednesday. So update can resume on thursday. But we can get one update tomorrow.
your name sounds familiar. Is Hassanat your sis? I mean Durodola's twins
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hassanat? Durodola twins? No
Haderoncare: your name sounds familiar. Is Hassanat your sis? I mean Durodola's twins
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 11:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Melancholy: They dont know is a flashback,pls tell them.
maybe dem de test run their eye n nose buds
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 4:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Morning guys. Your comments has been a source of encouragement for me. More of it I crave for.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 7:08am On Jul 22, 2014
--continuation--
Tina left the hospital late in the night after her mother was resuscitated by the combined efforts of the doctors in the hospital. She got home just before her apartment gate was locked and she just slumped to bed and slept off.
She woke up a bit late the following morning and got prepared for work. She got to the main road and took a cab which conveyed her to her work place.
The rest of the day was uneventful as there was not much to do. The CEO is yet to be back so some important preceedings had to be suspended. Tina spent the whole day gisting with her secretary except for the time when the Financial director summoned her. She spent about three hours with the old lady who seems to be interrogating her of
something she knew nothing of. Contracts that has been completed and dusted, she was asked to explain how it was financed.
At the end of the day, she was already stressed out as she just finished with the woman and went to her office to pick up her bag. She got into the parking lot to meet Mrs Cole waiting beside her car.
"How was work today?" Mrs Cole asked.
"It wasn't bad but too much energy was exerted." Tina replied.
"But I thought you are one of the lucky people who did nothing today."
"Yeah, I was until the FD called me." Tina replied.
Mrs Cole gave a short laugh as she drove out of the compound.
"That's because you are new here. Everyone in the Valuation department has at least once fought with the annoying lady who has refused to go on leave in the last three years." Mrs Cole explained.
"Really?"
"You can ask Clement. She dare not look at him in the eyes." Mrs Cole replied.
"Does that mean I should expect more of her?"
"Definitely. She'll soon invite you to dinner in her house where you'll talk about the company's financial progress through out the night." Mrs Cole said as she slowed down her driving pace.
She took one hand off the steering and searched into her bag.
"That's the remaining hundred thousand naira I promised." she said.
"Oh! Thank you very much ma."
she ignored her as she concentrated on the road.
"Hope you are free tonight sha or are you in a hurry to see your mum?" she asked.
"Not really ma. My siblings are there with her."
"Fine. I want you to meet my humble family." Mrs Cole said smiling.
"My pleasure ma."
Mrs Cole smiled mischievously like someone who has a plan in place for her.
In over fifteen minutes later, she drove into a big mansion which was no doubt constructed by the best engineer in the country and patterned by the best architect and designed externerly by the best exterior designer. The flowers are trimmed to taste, the floors covered with italian tiles, the walls painted with arguably the best paint.
"Welcome mum." A young lady probably in her late teens greeted Mrs Cole.
"How are you dear?"
"Am fine." the girl replied smiling and looking at Tina.
"Tina this is my daughter Sharon."
"Good evening ma." Sharon said going on her knees.
"Good evening dear." Tina replied.
Sharon at once held Tina's hand and led her to a two seater couch where they both sat down and started discussing.
"Sharon. Where's your brother?" Mrs Cole asked.
"He is with the maitenance man in the garage." Sharon replied.
Mrs Cole re-emerged a few minutes later dressed in a casual night robe and a shower cap with a young and handsome guy of about twenty eight following her closely.
"Tina, this is my son. Prince."
"Hi." Tina greeted.
"Good evening." Prince greeted extending his hand for a handshake.
Mrs Cole smiled like a fufilled soldier sent on a mission to make two people meet.
"Sharon, leave the two of them alone and join me in the kitchen."
Tina wondered why the two of them must be left alone to converse but she has no choice other than to play along.
At the end of dinner when Tina was about leaving, Prince had succeeded un getting her number and her Blackberry pin. He even volunteered to drive her home much to Mrs Cole's delight.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 7:41am On Jul 22, 2014
even in Freetown nothing is free

matchmaking things on point but time will tell if this will end well or not

great piece D9ty7 please continue soonest
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 7:55am On Jul 22, 2014
I really wanna continue sir but presently am not in my house. I'll definitely carve out time to post later in d evenin afta my exam.
kingphilip: even in Freetown nothing is free

matchmaking things on point but time will tell if this will end well or not

great piece D9ty7 please continue soonest
Won't u wish me luck?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Alright, we'd wait patiently
Good morning D9ty7
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2014
D9ty7: Won't u wish me luck?
best of luck boss
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2014
Wish you d best in ur exam...
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2014
All the best dear, we would be right here waiting for you.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
D9ty7: Won't u wish me luck?
best of luck..Go write ur A's.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
And am done with the Exam.... Lemme try and drop one update now and give you the other one once I reach home.... #still in Kwara state.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by princesssusan(f): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
I greet u all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
D9ty7: And am done with the Exam.... Lemme try and drop one update now and give you the other one once I reach home.... #still in Kwara state.
great prospective Unilorinite...wish you great success...
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
--continuation--
The rest of the week was uneventful for Tina except that her mum got discharged on friday. She has been a little bit busy with office works and some other stuffs.
"Valuation department." Tina said on picking up the call.
"Good afternoon dear." a male voice greeted.
Tina was suprised that she got a call from someone who seems to be calling for an unofficial purpose.
"Please who am I speaking with and how may I help you?" Tina asked curtly.
The caller laughed on the other end much to Tina's irritation.
"My name is Prince and...." he was saying.
"Why can't you call me on my personal line?" Tina asked.
"This is because I wanted to speak with you this minute. I also want to see you." Prince replied.
"Am in the office right now. So we can't see." Tina said.
"Am sorry to disappoint you because am on the same floor with you." Prince replied laughing.
There was a knock on the door and the door was pushed open, Prince walked in.
He was handsomely dressed in an all while attire, the young man stood 6ft 7inches in height and a bit mascular with the perfect haircut that compliment his well patterned beared.
"You are suprised. Ain't you?" He asked.
"Suprised is an understatement. I never knew you are around."
"You ought to be. Am actually in here to pay my friend a visit." Prince replied.
"Your friend? And who is the friend." she asked.
"Raymond." he replied.
"Raymond?" she asked with suprise.
"Yeah. So can I take you out?" Prince asked.
"Its not lunch time. Moreso lunch break is thirty minutes away."
"That's one of the reasons why am here. Give it a try and walk out with me. No one dare ask questions." Prince bragged.
"I'll meet you in the elevator." Tina replied without thinking.
Prince exited the office and Tina quickly reapplied her make-up and cleared her table just then the intercom rang.
"Valuation department." Tina said on picking up.
"You attention is urgently needed at the Finance department." The ever soronous secretary to the Finance director said.
Tina hissed silently and cursed inwardly.
"But lunch break is a few minutes away." Tina said hoping she'll be excused.
"Yes. But you'll be served lunch in the department." The secretary said.
"Okay I'll be there in few minutes." Tina said angrily as she hung up.
She knew at once that she'll miss going out with Prince, she'll miss lunch and also sign out an hour after the normal closing hour.
"Lola, please tell the man outside that I need to attend to an emergency." Tina told her secretary.
"Prince?" Lola asked.
"Yeah." Tina replied wondering how popular Prince must be in the whole of the comapany but a question popping into her mind is how Mrs Cole is comfortable working under her son's friend directive. Only time will tell. She concluded as she walked away through the right exit wich leads to the hallway from which other departments are assesible.

END OF CHAPTER 2

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Delis(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
I understand/observed that Mrs. Cole finally gave Tina a sum of NGN350,000 other than the NGN250,000 she requested or would that be a mistake?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by trusted(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
So u don start another tori and u no let me know? Ok o. But dere is God o. Hope ur journey back to Ib is great?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rings a bell.

Ding dong! Ding dong!!

D9ty7 where are you o
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
D 9 T Y 7

Where z uu??
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: D 9 T Y 7

Where z uu??
Where is z u na?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:36am On Jul 24, 2014
D9ty7! D9ty7!! D9ty7!!!

How many times i call u

Make i neva talk first

SAW
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Chyluv1000(f): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2014
D9ty7: I want to call on my friends who have been with me through thick and thin. When I debuted my story writing career here they accepted me even though I wrote rubbish and gradually I became a better writer and they(the readers) became a better critic.
I'll start from writers who started before me.
The rock555, Temitope Daniel, Queen xstar, Kingzpen.
Those who came after me.
Stefikal, Flakkydagirl, Elantracey, Noble4d.
And the important readers of my stories.
LogoDWhiz, Walewunmi, Hameenat94(even tho she no longer reads my story), dammygoody, Timothy3113, Mohammed11, Mikkyphaton, Kingphilip, Yemlizzy, Lorlaahlozz, Snowprincee, Tapout, Habenz, Aisha, Uthman51, Labaski, PrinceAdepoju, Balley, Temmytayo20, Jaywonluv, Danpersie31, Tohero, Horpybabe, Domido, Bishopkay, Baba ireti, Sexy sapphire, Haybeeb, Omotolaray, Melancholy, Beckytee, Ormorlehwah, Sangarara, Chyluv1000, handmaid, ohibenema, reallysure, ogogoro92 and others whom I don't have their name in writing.
D9ty7 is kickstarting another story am sure you don't wanna miss out.

present sire,,,,,, am behind u pls notify me wen u start

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nephilim / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him / Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.