Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61157 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
Darus05: Yes o... jst chilli by nd u no sleep u stil d view dc thread? anyway nice 2 knw u ar ok.
Abi naw?when he has refuse to update nko
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2014
seunviju: Abi naw?when he has refuse to update nko
Oga D9ty7 ur followers ar staving of updates,u knw I too updates na.
seunviju dont worry I ll soon continue wer he stop,if he fail 2 update us.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Lbotusme: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Cool story so far
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
D9ty7, wea art thou?? u r starvin us faaaa...
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Darus05: Oga D9ty7 ur followers ar staving of updates,u knw I too updates na.
seunviju dont worry I ll soon continue wer he stop,if he fail 2 update us.
cus u are D9ty7 abi for you to update?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 11:23am On Aug 10, 2014
seunviju: cus u are D9ty7 abi for you to update?
U knw am nt D9ty7 na bt he never visit thread again,hope he de fyn?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hez bn unable to charge his phone for days due to lack of power supply..i blyv he ll b bk soon...lets b patient.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Its been a while dat i last updated. Its nt intentional, phcn caused it.
I cnt remember d last time my ba3 reached 100%. I'll come bak stronger in few days. Am sorry guys.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Ormorlehwah(f): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmmmmmm.............. We are patiently waiting but don't keep us waiting.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Naavah(f): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2014
Sleeps on thread* wake me when u update.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2014
--continuation--
"What right do you have to talk to my girlfriend like that?" Raymond asked immediately he entered his perents sitting room.
Mrs Bianca Douglas was making a call when Raymond entered.
"Its your son who has come to shout on me because of one wretched girl." Mrs Douglas said to the person at the other end of the line which is no other person but Chief Douglas.
"Mummy, is it a must for me to marry someone from a rich family? Then my wealth will be as useless as anything. The only way I can make a difference with my money is if I spend it on the needy." Raymond said.
"Shut you mouth. You are young to understand some things. And I'll let you know them. You see...." Mrs Douglas was saying before her son cut her short. This time she has ended the call with her husband.
"Raymond, are you mad? See how you are talking to your mother." Atinuke shouted as she approached mother and son.
"You have no say in this. I know you'll be on your mother's side when you have been making plans for me to marry a billionaire like me which is not gonna happen." Raymond told her off.
"Am not taking anybody's side. What mum did was bad but..."
"But what?... You better learn to make decisions on your own. Am sure you and your mother would have written a letter to the state governor stating how much you love him and you want to be his wife." Raymond said.
"Me? State governor..." Atinuke was saying as her voice trailed off.
"There is no decision to make here. What I said is the final. That girl has no place in our family wether you like it or not." Mrs Douglas said.
"You must have tried you hand on comedy while you were young. If this family is all about place, class, money then I see no sense in being a member of this family." Raymond replied.
"Not when am alive will you marry that girl. Even after my death my spirit will frustrate her out of your house." Mrs Douglas said adjusting her spectacle.
"Like Grandma(Chief Douglas' mother) frustrated you when Dad choosed to marry you even though you are his secretary?"
"Shut your mouth. What do you know?"
"Am not shutting up. You keep talking about class. As far as I can remember you finished your first degree after you gave birth to me which means you got married a dropout but Tina is a graduate at twenty-four. You couldn't beat that." Raymond said rudely.
"You called me a dropout?"
"Its a bitter truth. Dad gave you position of his secretary because he had interest in you. Tina started working with me on merit. You need to see her result, she graduated in flying colours. Only God knows where she'll be in two years time. Maybe a world renown businesswoman." Raymond said, his anger rising above its limit.
Mrs Douglas kept quiet for a few seconds trying to process what her son just said. She picked up her phone and dialled a number as tears rolled down her eyes.
"You need to see you son calling me a dropout, a bloody secretary because of a girl." Mrs Douglas said to her husband.
Raymond kep quiet and was fuming as his parents talked on phone.
"Daddy, you know I can't do such. She was calling my girlfriend all sort of names."
"So your girlfriend is more important than your mother?"
Raymond kept quiet and was listening as his father continued scolding him.
"Tomorrow at 12, I want to see you. Tell the pilot to get the jet engine ready." Chief Douglas ordered.
"Okay sir." Raymond replied as he hung up.
Mrs Douglas snatched her phone from her son as she angrily walked out of sitting room.
"Mad boy is in love." Atinuke said before exiting the sitting room.
Raymond seeing there is nothing else to do decided to leave so he can see Tina before it becomes more darker. The time was 8:30pm.

--to be continued--
More updates will come as soon as my charging issues are resolved. Am sorry for the disappointment my absence might have caused.
Thanks for your understanding!!!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Temmytayo20(f): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2014
Still following... Weldone!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
Good to have you back and thanks for the update but where is that your area so that I can talk to those phcn or whatever they are called or I should bring generator and fuel it for u everyday so that you can update regularly?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by trusted(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
seunviju: Good to have you back and thanks for the update but where is that your area so that I can talk to those phcn or whatever they are called or I should bring generator and fuel it for u everyday so that you can update regularly?
Don't mind those PHCN jare. I think d9ty7 is in Ib. But which area? I know know o
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2014
--continuation--
Tina was seated in her one room apartment thinking with tears in her eyes. Since she left Raymond's apartment over three hours ago she has been crying over her ill- luck.
"The rich wants to continue to be rich and they are not ready to affect the lives of the poor unless the poor man is ready to serve them till death. They don't want their children to marry the poor because they believe the poor is after their money but they are mistaken. Ninety percent of the rich-poor relationship are caused by the rich. The rich will be ones to ask the poor for a relationship knowing fully well that his/her family will be against their union." she thought to herself.
"Since I stopped my job as a prostitute I have not felt peace or joy. I decided to stop the job so I can take a step further but....."
She thought as the event of Five months ago came flashing.
FLASHBACK
Tina was just returning from one of her numerous night business. The time was 8am on a sunday morning when she saw a religious tract on the floor. Though she could neither call herself a religious person or a church goer but when she was in school, secondary school to be precise one of her teachers do advice them that to be successful theu should read anything readable. So far it is written in a language they understood, they should endeavour to read it.
And she decided to read this tract. On getting into the house she sat down to read it and discovered it was a religious tract. She wanted to tear it but the topic treated took over her curiousity.
WHAT IS IT YOU ARE DOING? CAN YOU POINT AT THE GAINS?
She started reading the tract with all seriousness like someone preparing for an exam. She read to a point when she started shedding tears. THE JOB YOU ARE DOING PRESENTLY IS NOT APPROVED BY GOD IF YOU CAN'T POINT OUT A THING/INVESTMENT YOU HAVE MADE WITH THE MONEY.
This perticular message sent her reeling and reminiscing on her past deed. In her five years of working as a prostitute she couldn't point out a thing she has done with the money, all she does was to buy expensive filthy clothes, jewelleries, bags, shoes, makeup kits and other wordly things. She couldn't point out a thing that if she decided to stop the work, she will fall onto. Despite her exhorbitant charges her bak account is a thin as a broom stick. She couldn't fall back on the money because she spends her income immediately she recieves them.
BACK TO THE PRESENT
"Tina!.... Tina!......" Raymond called her for the upteenth time.
Tina snapped out of her reverie to see Raymond's masculine figure before her, thank God for her small rechargeable lamp.
"Raymond! What are you doing here? When did you enter?" She asked.
"I've been standing here for almost three minutes. What is it that you are thinking about?"
"Nothing."
Raymond talked to her, apologised on behalf of her mother and promised to love and cherish her. Raymond left one hour later with a promise that he'll be back the following evening to pick her up.
"Should I tell him about my past now?" she asked within herself as she was seeing him off to his car.
"Sweetheart tell me what is it that you are thinking about?" Raymond asked looking at her intently.
Tina could feel his eyes peering into her mind and reading averything that is going on there.
"Nothing." She lied.
He backed out his car and Tina walked back into her room.
--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Darus05(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2014
Viewing this topic: D9ty7.
Welcm bak boss
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Gracy295(f): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2014
I was once a guest but now I am happy to announce myself as a member of d9ty7 stories fanclub.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Gracy295(f): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2014
If you know you enjoy and appreciate our dear d9ty7 literary work please follow this thread....https://www.nairaland.com/1855506/d9ty7stories-fanclub
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Fan club? Who am I to have one?
Gracy295: If you know you enjoy and appreciate our dear d9ty7 literary work please follow this thread....https://www.nairaland.com/1855506/d9ty7stories-fanclub
Lemme check the thread.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Naavah(f): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2014
TDan the past tense of choose is chose not choosed.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Temmytayo20(f): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2014
Still following.. Weldone D9ty7
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by omoh19: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2014
Temmytayo20: Still following.. Weldone D9ty7
am newly here , and I love ur story ; pls update us o
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
That is why it is always good to make known to our spouse our past that is a lesson to be learnt.Thanks 4 the update sir,more power to ur ba3 and phone
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Donoluwashina: 10:13am On Aug 15, 2014
Started from the bottom now am here.... I started at d same time with Drake.
Welldon boss!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Emzypaz(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2014
I want to thank you guys for your participation at the Princesa's voting thread. I saw some of us voting and some has been silent.
I have come here to remind us that the month of August is gradually going to an end and to say d9ty7 was born in the month of August.
Let us vote for him and winning the prize will be the perfect birthday gift we can give him.
Go to the literature section, the thread has been stickied and lets cast our votes for d9ty7.
I'll be back on the 27th of August to wish d9ty7 a happy birthday and on the 31st of August to congratulate us for winning the prize for d9ty7....

2 Likes

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
POST HIDDEN

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Fathymat(f): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Am yet to believe you are a Nigerian.... You are just too good. Am joining your fanclub as soon as I am accepted in and i'll vote for you on the princesa's thread.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Must the two always have sex.nice update
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Weldone bro.... Ur absence was felt... Didn't knw ure an August born t.. U have 2 pay oh... Must d 2 always have sex nd moreova there lots of things lyk games they cn play... I have a question oh... If I dnt join d club.. Im I still one of ya fans?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
You are welcome back, boss.

...good to see you around. cheesy
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by trusted(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
Weldone boss.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 7:27am On Aug 17, 2014
No ma'am but this particular sex has a subsequent significance....
seunviju: Must the two always have sex.nice update

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Nephilim / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him / Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.