Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,109 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:07 AM

Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? (16620 Views)

Taboos/abomination!: List Actions/deeds That Are Deemed Taboos In Your Culture. / Igbo Kids Are The Most Respectful In Nigeria, What Do U Think? / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? by Aphrodite4(f): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2014
toshmann:
thanks sister. By the way, you're cool wink

I only play soccer. . . . . .and bedmatics cool . I tried cricket in England. . . . disaster. grin
I use both legs for soccer, and the other leg for bedmatics.
Hey sister, can I have ya number. I'm a saint. cool

How silly can you get..
Re: Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? by toshmann(m): 4:01am On Jul 27, 2014
Aphrodite4:

How silly can you get..
Just a wee bit wink
How 'bout ya? cheesy
Re: Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 15, 2016
The culture of left hand, right hand is plain stvpid. Whenever my gateman wants to give me something and I want to receive with left hand, he refuses but when I want to dash him money with left, he glady collects.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? by BennyCarl: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
decode55:
why do you eat with your mouth & defecate with your anus? undecided

Why not the other way round?

"Westernization" has fried your brains. SMH

I dislike people that open their mouths in the presence of common sense and logic and just make irrational statement. The mouth and anus relationship is far from that of the two hands. Your hands have a collective use. Unlike your mouth and anus which is specified naturally. Does everything related to common reasoning and environmental awareness have to do with Westernization. This is one of the reasons the larger part of Nigerians don't innovate. Cos we still live in the post traumatic psychology of the world belonging to the White man.
Re: Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? by Probz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
fijiano202:
I believe this is more attributed to religion than reality cos in nigeria and the world itself culture and religion works hand in glove..Biblically the right hand is regarded as a sign of strength and honor and also sitting at the right hand side of someone means u are highly honoured..like the christains believes that Jesus sits at the right hand of God which makes him next to God,Although the bible never mentioned left handed people as lesser people but people still believe the right hand is more honored..left handed people are not much in the bible,the most popular left-handed person in the bible is Ehud Judges chapter 3 and also Judges 20:16...the bible refers to left hand as an advantage cos people with left hand are mostly warriors....the left means plenty things in diff language - in latin left means sinister which means evil ,in french left is gauche which means awkward...in Local /traditional belief Right hand is called hand of peace

That and the fact that most people wipe their arses with their left hand (I say that as someone who couldn't have less of an issue with left-handedness).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oke ITE Awele(pot Of Progress ) / Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.