Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Preparations For International Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparations For International Flight (1447 Views)

First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preparations For International Flight by adewumi91(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hello house.

we would also appreciate other links that can help.
Re: Preparations For International Flight by Ikpewe: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
My advise to him is 2 use witchcraft to swiz, no operational manual needed.
Re: Preparations For International Flight by adewumi91(m): 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ikpewe: My advise to him is 2 use witchcraft to swiz, no operational manual needed.

bros, I dey serious.
Re: Preparations For International Flight by Artorius(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2014
I'm traveling soon, first time too not Switzerland too so I can't contribute anything.

Following though
Re: Preparations For International Flight by Sammiejo: 9:24am On Jul 17, 2014
1. Hold your passport and ticket to MMIA. You may not be allowed access with out those.
2. Idemtify the stand of the airline you are traveling with , join the queue with your travle documentsin hand.
3. Go through checks, weighings and check in.You will be given a departure form to fill.
4. IMMEDIATLY join the line to go through immigration(the queues can be horribly long. Fill the form above while on this queue)
5. go to the identified departure Gate (personnally i like to wait around the shops till its about 20 minsto, rather than going to stand because of paucity of seats)
5. Board. The Air hostesses will guide you to the right aisle where your seeat can be found. Try to be in front so you can place your hand luggage in an overhead cabin close to your seat. Nigerians carry a lot and may use the ones closest to you.
6. Remove essential items you need on the flight , plus money (keep your money on your person, preferably in your shoe you should not be carrying a lot.)keep your hand lugage on the overhead cabin closet to you.Open by lifting (the way old Peo 505 doors open)
7. You may use the bathroom before or sitting or afterwards when the plane is settled
8. Sit down. Place your seat belt on your laps.(you dont need to use it until you are told, personnally I do it immediatley so i can start sleeping)
To lock the seat belt, raise one end and put the other end into the opening below the raised handle and leave (to use a car as an example you will lift the handle on the part where you plug the seat belt into). you can watch the saferty video for further guidance.

I may have skipped some things. others pls add. my fingers are a little bit tired.

7 Likes

Re: Preparations For International Flight by justi4jesu(f): 5:38am On Jul 18, 2014
adewumi91: Hello house.

I'm kind of new on naira land though I have been registered since 2009. a friend is travelling to Switzerland and this flight happens to be his first air travel ever. he has his visa already but is scared of misbehaving at the airport and doesn't know what the interior of the plane looks like not to talk of how to fasten his seat belt.

since I have only entered a plane as a little boy, I can't render much help. could the house please advice on all he needs to know/do from stepping out of the house till he arrives Switzerland.

we would also appreciate other links that can help.

1. Take a taxi straight to international Airport and not Domestic Airport.

2. Go to Departures not Arrival and Make sure you have your passport and necessary documents in order to avoid embarrassment from those security personnel.

3. Once you enter ask questions from anybody u see to know your Airline queue and queue up immediately. Bring out and hold your passport and tickets.

4. Once you are on the queue you can use your head sharply by doing exactly what others are doing.

5. Be ready for your luggages to be opened and scattered.

6. After that check in all your heavy luggages and if u re a lady remove all your perfumes n body spray and put them in the box or bag u are checking in.

7. Once you finish with one queue always ask the next queue to go or like I said if you are sharp and smart, then after the first queue the rest will take care of itself.

8. If they serve you drinks or snacks or food, eat it is free dont think you will pay like I GO DIE said in one of his comedies.

9. Some people like me hates flying because I must use Ear muffs for my ears or use super bass headset cos I hate the feeling.

10. You could get scared with the way the plane toilets flushes but keep calm cos its sometimes a bit noisy.

11. For you to know ur seat on the plane once you enter they are numbered with alphabets attached to the numbers , so first look for your number and wen u see ur seat No also check the alphabet beside it so u dont seat on one angry person's seat.

Lastly and most importantly dont give those our immigration people the least 5naira.

Have a safe flight.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is This Some Sort Of Scam Or......... / Urgent Help Needed / New Zealand Vs Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.