Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

The One I Love - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One I Love (78221 Views)

The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages / "I Love Macmillian Books" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One I Love by Mogenerous(f): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
*Grin*, as if u know what i intend doing :-D
uchebest2006: Please dn't fart in ds class afta eatin it.
Re: The One I Love by texanomaly(f): 12:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Very nice start. I'm looking forward to the next update. Why haven't I read any of your stories before? I can tell I've been missing out. smiley
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:38am On Jul 16, 2014
texanomaly: Very nice start. I'm looking forward to the next update. Why haven't I read any of your stories before? I can tell I've been missing out. smiley

Lol. I told u..

Check other stories..

When you're through lemne know. I have other stories to recommend for you..

How's your day?
Re: The One I Love by texanomaly(f): 12:44am On Jul 16, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Lol. I told u..

Check other stories..

When you're through lemne know. I have other stories to recommend for you..

How's your day?

Great!

Just finishing dinner. How was yours?
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:50am On Jul 16, 2014
texanomaly:

Great!

Just finishing dinner. How was yours?

Cool..
About to sleep..

Guess u eat early..
Re: The One I Love by texanomaly(f): 1:40am On Jul 16, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Cool..
About to sleep..

Guess u eat early..

It was 6:45pm here when I posted that. Is that early?
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Chapter 1.4

Tolani kept staring at Feyi, likewise Feyi herself. "I don't think so." Tolani replied his father that he didn't recognize her.

"I knew it, what of you, Feyi?" He asked her.

"I recognize him, I still know him." She smiled.

How? Tolani wondered and smiled too. "How was Manchester?" Prof asked Tolani.

They continued discussing with him and offered him a seat to sit as well.

It was already dark when Tolani walked down to his father's room to ask him questions. He's been bothered and didn't want any trouble whatsoever. He was allowed to come in. His father was trying to send a mail when Tolani arrived.

Feyi and her father had gone some hours before that time so he felt he should ask his father the question that had been bothering him since he saw Feyi.

"Hope you enjoyed office today?" Oladele asked his son.

Tolani sat down calmly. "Yes dad."

"So you really couldn't recognize Feyi?"

"Dad, I came because of her. I've watched movies, read stories and I don't like what majority of parents are doing, out there. I hope you aren't planning anything like making her my wife or something?" He asked frankly.

Oladele chuckled. "Tolani!" He emphasised on his name and stood up. "I'm not a father like those out there. See, I don't discriminate. You can marry whosoever you wish to, she only came here to greet me."

Tolani was relieved. He smiled and glimpsed at his father. "That's a good idea." He said.

Oladele also smiled. He wasn't expecting the question his came to ask him. He wouldn't do that, to his only son.

"Let me get going, I have some things to thrash in the office tomorrow." He said and stood up.

♡♡♡♡

Stella yawned and stood up from the sofa she laid on. It was already some minutes past nine, she was expecting Favour to return back from where she went to.

She told Stella she wanted to visit her father's place if he'd recognize her and give her some money. It was just then, she entered slowly. "How was it?" Stella quickly asked on sighting her.

"Still the same.." she sat down, seemed tired.

"Nawa oh." Stella said and hissed.

"See, I got to know there's a vacancy at Diamond hotel while coming, let's go and try that, early tomorrow." Favour said.

"This was what my father did that later sent him to grave. I hope I'm safe.." she sighed.

"We'll be prayerful, nothing is going to happen!" Fave assured her.

"For the time being, you'll go and manage my Diamond Hotel. I don't know why you children of nowadays love having your own company, set up. Can't you discard Architecture and oversee my hotels?" Prof. Olakunle addressed his daughter, Feyi.

"That's what I wish, how would I go abroad to study and at the end be the Overseer of Hotels?"

"No problem, I'll take you there tomorrow for introduction."

"Alright Dad." Feyi was happy.

The next day.

It was 7:15 am when Stella left Favour for tbe Hotel. She had not been feeling good about the hotel, she didn't wish to venture into that kind of work. It made her remember her father, how he did speak to her and how was been tortured for uncommitted offence. She had prayed and hoped she'd be favoured.

Favour led the way as they were going while Stella was behind, still brooding. It was like she was painting the image of his father in her memory until a vehicle almost collided with her.

At first, she thought she had been hit by the vehicle and fell instantly. They young guy who was heading to his own office ran down from the car and helped her up. She was already in shock, shivering. "She can't be left this way..." he said to Favour and carried her into his car.

He was a gentle was handsome guy. He was also aiming at getting to office so early when he almost hit her. He got her to the hospital for little treatments and advised her on brooding. He said he'd come and check on her by evening, since the Doctor said she wanted her to take a rest till evening.

★STORY CONTINUES...★

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The One I Love by Gamesound(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Tolani don catch stella... T.Dan ride on jare I dey Ur back
Re: The One I Love by kingphilip(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2014
So fast n that easy
Tdan tnx jawe
Re: The One I Love by D9ty7(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2014
Now that ve read these update and going on ghostmode. Kip it coming sire.
Re: The One I Love by Mogenerous(f): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2014
Come oh temitopeDaniel, am confused. Where is Chapter 1.3?
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2014
texanomaly:

It was 6:45pm here when I posted that. Is that early?

Yeah..
I do it eat my dinner around 9 or 10
Re: The One I Love by Tytylorpe(f): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Congrat 2 U T-Dan.... Am sori dt I wish U late,am very busy nwadays. Welldone on dis story n it is very interest. Keep it up.

Am sori,I cant locate Ur blog address again. Pls paste it here.
Tanx
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Tytylorpe: Congrat 2 U T-Dan.... Am sori dt I wish U late,am very busy nwadays. Welldone on dis story n it is very interest. Keep it up.

Am sori,I cant locate Ur blog address again. Pls paste it here.
Tanx

www.temitopedaniel.

thanks ma.
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Mogenerous: Come oh temitopeDaniel, am confused. Where is Chapter 1.3?
Please don't be jere... I wish to be making it 5 updates per chapter. so, I deduced

chapter one

5 updates per chapter
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2014
@ LogoDwhiz, 6pm is d best time to eat dinner. .. why 9, 10pm... grin

@Kingphilip. .. thnks for showing up.. u re d best.

it seems Nancy z following on facebook....
where's Necal!

please, read peace and april, a story (series) that drops every saturday, 5pm by me.

link: www.temitopedaniel.

I have episodes one and two there...
Re: The One I Love by Tytylorpe(f): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:

www.temitopedaniel.

thanks ma.

U're welcome Oga T-Dan bt when are U going 2 update episode 3 Peace and April.
Re: The One I Love by Flakeey(f): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2014
nice one *waiting for next update*
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: @ LogoDwhiz, 6pm is d best time to eat dinner. .. why 9, 10pm... grin

where's Necal!

please, read peace and april, a story (series) that drops every saturday, 5pm by me.

Lol. That's d time I eat o..
School things. Atimes I eat at around 12pm or 1am
Re: The One I Love by necal(f): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hahaha T.Dan so u've not heard all d shouts I hav been shouting since. I hav been following since day 1,,,, nice updates sir
Re: The One I Love by BestInDeeWorld: 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
#WalksIntoThreadAngrily# Oga Temitope Daniel, see me I no go talk. U see say I no talk since. Ok, bt nice work done sha. *smiles* bt Oga, I still won read one of ur story again. I've been unable to find it cos I've forgotten d title. The lead character is folawe. Abi no be u write am? If na u, I'll be glad if u cn give me d link.
Re: The One I Love by ChyEndowed(f): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
Intreresting...........#following#
Re: The One I Love by Kunzu(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
#following.

Make u drop updates early ooo @Tdan
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
BestInDeeWorld: #WalksIntoThreadAngrily# Oga Temitope Daniel, see me I no go talk. U see say I no talk since. Ok, bt nice work done sha. *smiles* bt Oga, I still won read one of ur story again. I've been unable to find it cos I've forgotten d title. The lead character is folawe. Abi no be u write am? If na u, I'll be glad if u cn give me d link.
Thank God it didn't wipe off during d data loss... so api to c u boss.... aw una dey??

LINK: www.nairaland.com/1549757/love-wisdom
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Tytylorpe:

U're welcome Oga T-Dan bt when are U going 2 update episode 3 Peace and April.
Every Saturday. .. 5pm, so episode 3 drops dz Saturday
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
I dey come... I wan go type, I'll reply all comments soon, na subscription dey do me like dz jere
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Chapter 1.6

Tolani entered into his office and sat heavily. It was such a nice nght, knowing well that his father wasn't ready to force him into any relationship. He smiled and sat back. On turning his head to the left, he sighted Stella's framed photograph. It made him remember the pasts again.

He deliberately put the frame there so that he wouldn't forget her any hour. He took his eyes off the photograph, he had to complete his left over works.

TOBILOBA was about leaving the house when his grandmother knocked at his door. He was provoked because he wasn't expecting anyone and he wished to get to his place of work as early as he could. Washing the car delayed him up to that time, he'd have left home as usual.

Though, he might sleep drunk, he'd always wake as early as possible. "Who's there?" He asked and picked his briefcase.

He heard his Grandmother' s voice call his name. "This woman is here this morning again?" He was beginning to be inpatient. He unlocked the door and prostrated.

The woman in her early seventies smiled and prayed for him. She knew he wasn't happy with her visit because it was written all over his face, but he had no choice.

Tobiloba was the only child given birth to, by his mother before she kicked the bucket. He was just in his 300 level in the university when the incident occurred. His mother died of cancer and left her mother behind, who had been taking care of Tobiloba since then.

He was handsome, but had a problem- drinking. He had just two friends who he did drink with, almost everyday. The woman; his grandmother had done all she could to abort that behaviour but he kept on drinking.

He worked as a Manager at David & sons, a company owned by Temitope Williams. "I came for an important discussion." The grandmother walked in and left him by the door.

'What discussion again?' He stretched his hands angrily, muttering.

"Come in here and let's discuss." She kept on walking in.

Tobi shut the door and walked behind her slowly and indignantly. "I have to get to work early, grandma." He said.

"Tell that your boss that I came to talk to my son." She finally got to the living room.

It was small sitting room, well furnished and had a nice scent. It was neat and tidied up, perhaps because it was owned by a bachelor.

He sat down, staring at his grandmother from where he was. "Please be fast as possible, there's a contract we want to go and bid for, today." Tobi said softly.

"I waste your time and I don't want you to waste mine. It has become an anthem that you should stop drinking but you've turned deaf hear to my words. Now, the advice I was advised was for you to get married or have someone that will be close to you.." she stopped, expecting him to pass a comment.

"Granny, we've discussed something like this before, I've told you that I don't wish to get married, marriage is just like hell." He uttered and dropped his briefcase.

"Who told you that! If you think you'll be like this forever, you are merely joking because time isn't your friend my son! Do you mean you have no one you are in a relationship with?" The pitch of her voice was getting higher.

"I don't. From what i witnessed concerning my parents, I saw that there's no love." He said slowly, that horrible arguments and hatred between his parents had pissed his mind off marriage. The time his father would be arguing with his mother, both had no unity. Though, his father had never raised his hands to beat his mother but they were always like cat and mouse till his mother died of cancer.

Aside that, he hated marriage and ladies naturally. His parents' behaviour had made him believe again that love didn't exist. He had even weighed the ladies out now, many of them just after money and at the end just jilt the guy. Many put on dresses that does expose their bodies, what does he want in marriage again?

"I've always told you your parents won't determine your own future, its your own wish that will come to pass. If you are patient enough and you hope and pray, yours won't be like that of your parents."

Tobiloba was still adamant. "I still don't want any of them! Granny, I'm getting late."

"Either you like it or not, you must marry and stop this your useless drinking with these friends of yours. I'm going to bring a lady to this place tomorrow, thank God tomorrow is Saturday." She stood up.

'A lady...' He repeated.

★STORY CONTINUES...★

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by odunayo92: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
nyc one, kip it up dan smiley
Re: The One I Love by necal(f): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
Weldone sir, more wisdom to your brain as you write.
Re: The One I Love by Ziziola: 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Phew! Finally here. Anoda nice story u av here. More power to ur elbow T. Dan
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 12:30am On Jul 17, 2014
T-Dan,i never knew u ve started another story,wow! Am kind of late,all the same you are doing a good job. Keep it up.*Following*
Re: The One I Love by Nancydearie(f): 12:33am On Jul 17, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: @ LogoDwhiz, 6pm is d best time to eat dinner. .. why 9, 10pm... grin

where's Necal!

Am right here T-Dan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) / My Book Of Rants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.