Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria (3197 Views)

Get Back On Ebay And Paypal Now! With Incognito Accounts / Which Online Payment Gateway Accepts Both VISA And Master Card Payments Online / Bulksms Portal That Accepts All Network Recharge Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by feelib(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2014
This came as a surprise to me. Overtime, so many Nigerian web gurus's activities online were limited somehow due to the fact that Paypal, the o number one online payment processor decided not to allow Nigerians access to it portal but here is the goodnews! PAYPAL now accepts Nigeria and Nigerian cards. You can quickly sign up for it and get verified with your Nigerian bank issued debit or credit card. Now you bob shop anywhere online. Yes! I know you understand. I have my own verified Paypal account now no probs. Visit paypal.com to sign up now or www.feelib.com to see how you can make money online with your paypal abount. I'm out!
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 15, 2014
Lmaooooooo ……………Since when ? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by WebHostingPal: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
feelib: This came as a surprise to me. Overtime, so many Nigerian web gurus's activities online were limited somehow due to the fact that Paypal, the o number one online payment processor decided not to allow Nigerians access to it portal but here is the goodnews! PAYPAL now accepts Nigeria and Nigerian cards. You can quickly sign up for it and get verified with your Nigerian bank issued debit or credit card. Now you bob shop anywhere online. Yes! I know you understand. I have my own verified Paypal account now no probs. Visit paypal.com to sign up now or www.feelib.com to see how you can make money online with your paypal abount. I'm out!

Yeah that's been a while now and it's a good development grin We now accept Paypal at HostNigeria! Unlike before, we can now accept all forms of credit/debit card in multiple currencies; NGN, USD and GBP with PayPal. I think other businesses should signup as well for the simple reason that Paypal 100% supports SME. No upfront payment unlike the ridiculous 150,000 Naira we were asked to pay just to setup account excluding other charges by some of these naija payment collection companies... you know those I mean ? grin

We will start to see price slashing in Nigeria online payment companies... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by Joel3(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
WebHostingPal:

Yeah that's been a while now and it's a good development grin We now accept Paypal at HostNigeria! Unlike before, we can now accept all forms of credit/debit card in multiple currencies; NGN, USD and GBP with PayPal. I think other businesses should signup as well for the simple reason that Paypal 100% support SME. No upfront payment unlike the ridiculous 150,000 Naira we asked to pay just to setup account, excluding other charges ... by you know those I mean ? grin

We will start to see price slashing in Nigeria online payment companies... grin grin
is nigeria allowed to received payment now? How can u make use of paypal.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by feelib(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
You can get money from anyone anywhere with your paypal. This makes my work online easier. You can easily make huge fortune online with paypal.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by Successdude(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Do they charge any commission to send money or to verify the account ? Yesterday being 9th august, i verified my account and about 320 naira was deducted from my account .that means about 167 naira per dollar.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by shadowwalker201: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
since when stale news
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by WebHostingPal: 2:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Successdude: Do they charge any commission to send money or to verify the account ? Yesterday being 9th august, i verified my account and about 320 naira was deducted from my account .that means about 167 naira per dollar.

It's free to send money or pay for items with PayPal. We pay 2.9% and 20p for every transaction received.

See here for more info... https://www.paypal.com/ng/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by sovpounds(m): 3:50am On Aug 11, 2014
Perfect Internet 3D tablets allow users to view images and watch movies in 3D without wearing glasses. You can order 3D tablets from http://pi3dtab.co.uk and pay via Paypal and the tablets would be shipped to any address in Nigeria or your shipping address anywhere in the world.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by Successdude(m): 3:59am On Aug 11, 2014
WebHostingPal:

It's free to send money or pay for items with PayPal. We pay 2.9% and 20p for every transaction received.

See here for more info... https://www.paypal.com/ng/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside
thanks 4 ur responds but it beats me that i was charged 326naira(aproximately 167Naira per dollar). Pls any explanation ?
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by tundebj(m): 11:49am On Aug 11, 2014
that would be refunded just hang on
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by dking123: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
I think we Nigerians should now ban them. They need our money now.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2014
dking123: I think we Nigerians should now ban them. They need our money now.

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) ! Good one there.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by egift(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Paypal is useless to me until I can accept payment. I have programmes that are stranded till I can accept payments.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by WebHostingPal: 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
egift: Paypal is useless to me until I can accept payment. I have programmes that are stranded till I can accept payments.

If you think about it, commercially it's not. Because you can now conveniently pay for foreign products and services.

Keep in mind that PayPal is only testing the waters at the moment, it's now up to Nigeria account holders to use their PayPal accounts wisely.

PayPal is so antifraud, so if people use their PayPal account according to the set regulations and not try to abuse the system, I believe PayPal will activate the ability to receive PayPal payment in Nigeria this could be in a year, two, three or more.

We accept PayPal payments at HostNigeria! the only thing is that users paying us via PayPal have to change the Naira currency to USD or GBP in order to pay with PayPal. Unfortunately PayPal does not accept the Naira denomination at this point in time.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by LoadedHost(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
PayPal in Nigeria has helped alot, Most of our Nigerian Customers can now pay for their Hosting plans especially our Monthly Resellers, they can now Subscribe with PayPal and we charge them automatically so their business as resellers remains up and they do not need to change currency because our system converts it to GBP(Our PayPal is based in UK) so they can make their payments with their Nigerian Verified Accounts(We only accept Verified Accounts)

So it is not useless, PayPal in Nigeria is a great initiative as it is now safer to make payments. Most of our end-users have been afraid of using their Card directly on our site with the excuse of "You can see my card details" - Of course we can, but customers fear. but with PayPal, they fear not.

We just have to wait for them to allow Nigerians Receive Payments.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by egift(m): 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
@WebHostingPal and LoadedHost:
Am sure both of you understand what am saying. Paypal is useless for us because we are unable to accept payments for the services we offer and items we sell online.

If you read the post both of you made, you will know that the admiration you gave to paypal in Nigeria is that both of you can now accept payments from Paypal Users in Nigeria (You are receiving).

Until we too can receive payments, Paypal is useless to us. Majority of what we can pay for with the account as it is now, we can get it elsewhere or with other payment option.

@Paypal, activate full options for Nigeria or shove it elsewhere. Someone who can't earn, will not spend on the long run - Business is Buying and Selling.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by WebHostingPal: 2:02am On Aug 13, 2014
egift: @WebHostingPal and LoadedHost:
Am sure both of you understand what am saying. Paypal is useless for us because we are unable to accept payments for the services we offer and items we sell online.

If you read the post both of you made, you will know that the admiration you gave to paypal in Nigeria is that both of you can now accept payments from Paypal Users in Nigeria (You are receiving).

Until we too can receive payments, Paypal is useless to us. Majority of what we can pay for with the account as it is now, we can get it elsewhere or with other payment option.

@Paypal, activate full options for Nigeria or shove it elsewhere. Someone who can't earn, will not spend on the long run - Business is Buying and Selling.

I totally understand you bro.
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by Successdude(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Which bank can i use to send money at the normal rate of mayb 164 naira to the dollar. I use gtbank but i observe the charges to be like 167 to the dollar. Thankyou 4 ur response
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by feelib(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria by egift(m): 9:16am On Oct 08, 2014
feelib:
I accept payment with mine now.............

Nigerian account? Because me I decide to do a thing until I can accept payments. I sell online. [Anyone else?]

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Sample Web Proposal Document To Prepare Mine As A Webmaster / How Do I Create A Joomla Template And Edit An Existing One / Do I Need To Install Any Forum Software?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.