Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:22 PM

Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? (1573 Views)

General Buhari's Military Government / Those Who Signed-Away June 12, 1993 Victory To Military Government / Colonial British Government Vs Nigeria Government: Which Has Been The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by Sloan: 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
I don't live in Nigeria so any policy of either government does not affect me in any direct way and when it does, it is the lamentations of the people back home. The beauty of democracy is alternatives, options, a different approach, strategy, many opinions, picking the best out of many alternatives, etc and the ordinary people having a say in everything that affects their lives. Obviously, military governments are not democratic and one person or a few set the agenda and plan for the entire country of 170 M+.

Enter Nigeria's brand of one-party state democracy controlled by a corrupt party PDP with an inept and clueless leader GEJ as president! How is this different from a military coup and a military government? I read online as Nigerians rejoice at their one party state, of course most of them are bought with rice and money, the most unprecedented case of corruption in world history - where a government buys a few people with some bags of rice and some change, have them create multiple monikers, then buy the platform (Nairaland) from a willing tool (Seun), who makes available to them a few moderators, who also get some crumbs - and here is the destiny of a 170 M+ effectively under control!

This government is only corrupt but an active criminal, who actually encourages everyone to be corrupt, kill the EFCC, ICPC, Police and the Army so that thieves and terrorists can have a field say, of course buy the electoral commission so announce a pre-ordained result and charge them to deny voter's cards to the people while suppressing them with the Army and Police. How long can Jona last? Will he get away with worse than Abacha? Unfortunately, Nigeria's foremost fighters who have led the charge are now old and some are now dead: e.g. Fela, Gani, Tai, etc; and our eminent Professor Soyinka has done more than some entire tribes in Nigeria and he deserves his rest! I will have no pity on the fate that descends on Seun and his NL as he has sold out, and the millions of Nigerians who are now so hungry, a 2 lbs bag of rice is enough for them to sell out their generations! Oh well, goodluck folks!
Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by size38: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nigerian political experience has shown that military govt is far more better than this shame we call Democracy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by deriod(m): 4:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
I prefer democracy any day ,but we need d military to clean up dis mess called APC & PDP ,in phynos voice KILL THEM ALL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by donphilopus: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
GEJ is claiming kama kama now. I prefer Abacha to him, anyways!
Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by Sloan: 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
So far well spoken. Is there any human being who does not like CHOICES? I mean to have an ALTERNATIVE, whether you will use it or not is a different question. Imagine if someone told you: YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHOICE IN LIFE, TO BE MY SLAVE! Or, you have only one option, to be in so so place, or to do so so thing? I personally would do anything, whatever, just so that I will NEVER have ONLY ONE CHOICE! The same in governance: someone says you WILL NEVER HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE but me! I will KILL anything that tries to give you an option in life but guess what? Nigerians are taking side with that someone, PDP and Jonathan who are killing democratic choice? The youths that fought in the past are now old but the youths of this generation are too busy with FB, Twitter, instagram, etc to care if they will ever have a life? If it will ever be well with the generation after them, their own children? Can someone explain how that works in Nigeria to me?

Over here, governments and the people not only create alternatives for their children, they even save money, billions of dollars in surplus for anything that can happen in future? But Nigerian youths are being bought and paid on NL to cement the curse of their life? If you are in Nigeria, please explain to me how that is working? How does it work? Are people now so hungry, they care only about their next meal? If that is the case, well it seems as though you are saying: "well only the human being that survives another day will be able to provide the next generation"? Are you that hungry?
Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by jdilight(m): 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
This govt. is better than all previous Nigerian govts. put together. The nearest to it is Obasanjo civilian rule. If your not in Nigeria and you open your mouth to say evil about Nigeria is unfortunate. If you are in Nigeria and you are lazing about waiting for the govt. to come and feed, it is unfortunate.

Nigeria is moving forward, little by little.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by 7lives: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Sloan: So far well spoken. Is there any human being who does not like CHOICES? I mean to have an ALTERNATIVE, whether you will use it or not is a different question. Imagine if someone told you: YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHOICE IN LIFE, TO BE MY SLAVE! Or, you have only one option, to be in so so place, or to do so so thing? I personally would do anything, whatever, just so that I will NEVER have ONLY ONE CHOICE! The same in governance: someone says you WILL NEVER HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE but me! I will KILL anything that tries to give you an option in life but guess what? Nigerians are taking side with that someone, PDP and Jonathan who are killing democratic choice? The youths that fought in the past are now old but the youths of this generation are too busy with FB, Twitter, instagram, etc to care if they will ever have a life? If it will ever be well with the generation after them, their own children? Can someone explain how that works in Nigeria to me?

Over here, governments and the people not only create alternatives for their children, they even save money, billions of dollars in surplus for anything that can happen in future? But Nigerian youths are being bought and paid on NL to cement the curse of their life? If you are in Nigeria, please explain to me how that is working? How does it work? Are people now so hungry, they care only about their next meal? If that is the case, well it seems as though you are saying: "well only the human being that survives another day will be able to provide the next generation"? Are you that hungry?

Sir people are very hungry now, most of them have gave up on the struggle. Its either they are collecting two cups of rice from one politheivean or soaking themselves in paraga somewhere, daris Godu.
As for nairaland, its just one of the many blogs that have been taken over by the politheiveans, Seun a sha jeun.
Most Nigerians love freebies, this can't be Seun's fault, if you need accurate information about what is happening in Nigeria check channels news online. Even I don't take anything around here serious, I only come here to amuse myself and get entertained.
Re: Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? by musiwa112: 12:16am On Jul 16, 2014
both of them are not good system of government. they allow for corruption.. monarchy is the best system of government because it has no corruption in it.

tinubu, obasanjo stole all state money because , they the system is bad.

monarchy is still democratic system of government.

(1) (Reply)

Death Of Shekau: Misplaced Priorities On NL Politics Section / Inside Rivers State: Amaechi Is Offering Pdp N6billion To Drop Wike; / Former Borno Commissioner Carpets APC Spokesman, Lai Mohammed Over Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.