Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared (1367 Views)

All My Files Have Been Encrypted By Online Hackers,what Is The Solution Please / I'm In Serious Trouble, All My Files Encrypted! / How Can I Change My Os Without Lossing My Files And Programs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Please I need urgent help. All my files and folders have suddenly disappeared from my PC. I was uploading a site when this happened. Even my start screen is blank presently. My system is running on windows 8.

UPDATE: I just did a system restore and some of my folders have been recovered. Many still missing.
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by psucc(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Try download and install smadav antirus into the system run a scan and you get all back.

smadav . . . na d baba
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 16, 2014
I had smadav installed in the system before this happened.
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2014
You probably have a bad hard drive, run a memory test to see if that's it
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2014
wallflower: You probably have a bad hard drive, run a memory test to see if that's it
Please how do I go about it?
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2014
dadojo: Please how do I go about it?

You can do it through the BIOS of some laptop or download a program like Advanced System Care
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
Thanks a million. I was able to download the application and got a license as well for the pro version
Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
wallflower:

You can do it through the BIOS of some laptop or download a program like Advanced System Care

Thanks a million. I was able to download the application and got a license for the pro version.

1 Like

Re: All My Files And Folders have Suddenly Disappeared by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
dadojo:

Thanks a million. I was able to download the application and got a license for the pro version.
No problem, if you have any other issues don't hesitate to ask.

(1) (Reply)

Safari Keeps Opening Login.skype.com In Different Tabs After Every 10 Seconds / Latest Hotspot Shield Elite For PC & Android, Free Download / An Internet Connection Of 91GB Per Second

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.