Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:31 PM

The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone (44899 Views)

Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv / Introducing The All New Thl 4000 / Unlock All New Samsung Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by wolexf(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
texazzpete:

The irony is that YOU are being sentimental in claiming that a phone that hasn't been released and hasn't been exhaustively reviewed and that you haven't even seen in the flesh will 'rock'.

There is nothing sentimental about expecting a device looking this good to rock. Add the unique shape of the phone plus the touch sensitive physical keyboard. Yes you read right the physical keyboard on this phone is touch sensitive

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Emmanuex(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Its a very nice phone buh i will buy it if d price is as low as d price of Nokia Asha 311
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
JideTheBlogger:

Android apps work on Bb10 phones. wink
not all... Can fifa 14 play on bb10..can you root bb 10?...android rocks!!

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by shadrach77: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
dheaven: HOW MUCH FOR THE PHONE OP?

initial price would be around $600.

Can't wait to lay my hands on it cheesy cheesy
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by wolexf(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
GudluckIBB: As long as there is no mouse, i think it will end up
like z10

The physical keyboard is touch sensitive, you can use ur touch to make the physical keyboard act like the track pad in the older devices i.e. for scrolling and selecting text

2 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Whoever says that Blackberry is fighting to remain relevant in the smartphone market is either very biased or just waking up from a slumber that dates back to the stone age. That's a battle that has been won since the release of the BlackBerry 10. The worst part is that even Tecno users are making noise angry. I wasn't a big fan of the BBOS platform because of its non ending problems, but since the advent of BB10 it's been a happily-ever-after story. That Barack Obama uses the BlackBerry says a lot wink
I wish most of y'all running your mouths can do a lil research on the number of polls blackberry 10 has won since last year as the best OS. The margin between BB and Android and iOS was unbelievable. I just shake my head for people still talking about battery or hanging issues till now. It shows how informed you are.
Give BlackBerry 2 more years with John Chen and watch the transformation in the BBRY market share and price stability. The previous administration messed things up but BB is back and better. tongue

6 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
obiscolly: Whoever says that Blackberry is fighting to remain relevant in the smartphone market is either very biased or just waking up from a slumber that dates back to the stone age. That's a battle that has been won since the release of the BlackBerry 10. The worst part is that even Tecno users are making noise angry. I wasn't a big fan of the BBOS platform because of its non ending problems, but since the advent of BB10 it's been a happily-ever-after story.
I wish most of y'all running your mouths can do a lil research on the number of polls blackberry 10 has won since last year as the best OS. The margin between BB and Android and iOS was unbelievable. I just shake my head for people still talking about battery or hanging issues till now. It shows how informed you are.
Give BlackBerry 2 more years with John Chen and watched the transformation even in the BBRY market share. The previous administration messed things up but BB is back and better. tongue
story 4 the Gods#

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
heryyy:

You can always get a 3rd party battery, at the moment i am using the ''ZEROLEMON'' Battery for my Samsung Galaxy S5 and with full battery charge with heavy daily use this battery last me 3 solid days and on average use it last approximately 5 days, i order it on Amazon from the US and receive it after 3weeks, i don't worry about low battery anymore, People should google it, you won't regret buying one ! wink

And yu will still use gen to charge for 5days to get full ba3 fuu
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
yhomz093: story 4 the Gods#
Tecno user alert!!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by favouryemmy: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ok. Does it still have a dumb battery? If so, I'm outta here. Call me when the battery becomes smart. angry
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by cocoberry(f): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
I love dem BIG dis is definitely for ME!
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by cupid4ig(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
obiscolly: Whoever says that Blackberry is fighting to remain relevant in the smartphone market is either very biased or just waking up from a slumber that dates back to the stone age. That's a battle that has been won since the release of the BlackBerry 10. The worst part is that even Tecno users are making noise angry. I wasn't a big fan of the BBOS platform because of its non ending problems, but since the advent of BB10 it's been a happily-ever-after story. That Barack Obama uses the BlackBerry says a lot wink
Give BlackBerry 2 more years with John Chen and watch the transformation in the BBRY market share and price stability. The previous administration messed things up but BB is back and better. tongue
when u look at those people saying blackberry hangs and battery issues u will found out they are those people who never for once buy a new blackberry. Go to the swap section u will see alot of them swapping for bold 4 and curve 7 that they don't know if it has bn worked on and develop fault before the owner decided to sell it. Then some are people who never have money for nice phone so they ended up getting 15k tecno or manage save upto 20k for second hand phantom 7. But don't blame them though. Their problem is that majority of them are so lazy that they can't even make a research even if u explain from now till tomorrow they will never believe because they can't comprehend a written note. And they can't research. U can check their posts to understand their level of reasoning. So bro stop wasting ur time explaining to them. They can go on YouTube and search for the video and see what it can do

6 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Lawalemi(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
GudluckIBB: As long as there is no mouse, i think it will end up
like z10

What happened to Z10?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
cupid4ig: when u look at those people saying blackberry hangs and battery issues u will found out they are those people who never for once buy a new blackberry. Go to the swap section u will see alot of them swapping for bold 4 and curve 7 that they don't know if it has bn worked on and develop fault before the owner decided to sell it. Then some are people who never have money for nice phone so they ended up getting 15k tecno or manage save upto 20k for second hand phantom 7. But don't blame them though. Their problem is that majority of them are so lazy that they can't even make a research even if u explain from now till tomorrow they will never believe because they can't comprehend a written note. And they can't research. U can check their posts to understand their level of reasoning. So bro stop wasting ur time explaining to them. They can go on YouTube and search for the video and see what it can do
OK!

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by cupid4ig(m): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
yhomz093: not all... Can fifa 14 play on bb10..can you root bb 10?...android rocks!!
Smh for u. First of all yes fifa 14 works on my z30 second of all I have more important things to do than to sit down and start playing soccer in a tiny screen of 5 inches while I have playstation 3 and 32inches led TV at home.

8 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by harrysterol(m): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
yhomz093: not all... Can fifa 14 play on bb10..can you root bb 10?...android rocks!!
fifa 14 is in bb world even my os7 plays fifa 2014 nt †̥o tlk of os10 it rocks in os10 fone try buyin 1 bt it is expensive phone

4 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by frainc(m): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Although I use BB but I think Android phone is far better

The only thing I believe that make BB more enjoyable is the subscrebtion and nothing more

If naija network operators can have a special package for android phone like bb
Then BB will be a forgotten issue
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
cupid4ig: Smh for u. First of all yes fifa 14 works on my z30 second of all I important thing to do than to sit down and start playing soccer in a tiny screen of 5 inches while I have playstation 3 and 32inches led TV at home.
screenshot?

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by wiggle: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Need to get one for myself fast
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
harrysterol: fifa 14 is in bb world even my os7 plays fifa 2014 nt †̥o tlk of os10 it rocks in os10 fone try buyin 1 bt it is expensive phone
I dey crase? Y should I use my hard earned money to buy a bb?.. I dey crase?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
cocoberry: I love dem BIG dis is definitely for ME!
Lol..BIG indeed! I got to relate after checking out your profile wink
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by harrysterol(m): 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Most of you hating bb is because techno don beta una life wit cheap phone, keep hatin ℓ̊ will keep rocking my z30, ℓ hv an android phone also bt ℓ cn neva compare it wit bb os10 is jst too wonderful and perfom mre task dn my android

2 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by kobikwelu(m): 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
I see my self copping this

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
frainc: Although I use BB but I think Android phone is far better

The only thing I believe that make BB more enjoyable is the subscrebtion and nothing more

If naija network operators can have a special package for android phone like bb
Then BB will be a forgotten issue
Which BB exactly?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by wolexf(m): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
favouryemmy: Ok. Does it still have a dumb battery? If so, I'm outta here. Call me when the battery becomes smart. angry

This is the biggest battery on a smartphone with 3450mAh even the Samsung S5 has 3200mAh. Battery won't be a problem here since even the Z30 can last for two days and it's battery is just 2880mAh
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
We rock!! Haters gon' hate tongue

3 Likes

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Donkunxex(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
WTF. d phone looks like those chinko fones u see den wit christmas light on dem.....cwiously... smartphones are really bcominq anoda tin..... in d next 5yrs..y'all phones won't be portable again trust me..... d design iz nt good let's say d truth

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by harrysterol(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
yhomz093: I dey crase? Y should I use my hard earned money to buy a bb?.. I dey crase?
one man food is anoda man poison, bt if yu hv an experinc wit bb10 os yu won't ask dt question

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by frainc(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
obiscolly:
Which BB exactly?
me i no dey fumble o
Na BOLD 6 I dey rock
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Herrmes: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nah, Note 4 is already on my mind, I'm getting it as soon as it's out, even if this phone is $300 I ain't getting it blackberry can die if they wish, you can never compare Blackberry to Android, they're fighting a lost battle
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by holusormi(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
Aitee1: If e like make e be OS 100 bb na bb it must have issues

Kindly download the latest version of 'brain' and install it,, brokeasses stuck on bold 5 saying bb10 hangs.. smh

1 Like

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
harrysterol: one man food is anoda man poison, bt if yu hv an experinc wit bb10 os yu won't ask dt question
I have used z10 and z30 so if you are talking about experience, I have loads of it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Best Internet Plan For Heavy Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.