Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone (44921 Views)

Blackberry CEO John Chen Does Not Know How To Use The New Blackberry Priv / Introducing The All New Thl 4000 / Unlock All New Samsung Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yet to get bb z10 and this one don come out.... #there is God oo
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by harrysterol(m): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Cecediva: Lol...cheesy.what about ur galfriend nahgrin
am singing and searching...beep me on mail na... I cn wait to put a ring in dt finger
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by DrObum(m): 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
angela98: Hmm it will be same poor battery life which is associated with all smart phone. I won't buy it, I Dont like the design. The screen is too small for me. I love phablet phones with 5.5" screen. It makes browsing enjoyable.. cool
You've obviously not tried BlackBerry Q10!
The battery is the bomb!
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
obidaddy: Truth is most Nigerians are crazy about blackberry or should I say fixated on blackberry. For many it seem to be a status symbol, but truth is blackberry is behind in the advanced western world, the main smart phone platforms and Os are Android and I phone. That barack obama uses blackberry is because he had always used one right from the highpoint of blackberry and mainly for the secured Os of blackberry which is one strong point of research in motion. For now android, iphone and windows rule. Blackberry is mainly relevant in Nigeria but elsewhere it s more or less obsolete. In other to stay relevant they even offered they ones exclusive bbm across android and ios platforms. Today anyone can use bbm which once upon a time was the exclusive preserve of bb owners
Wetin dis one dey talk?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by harsay(m): 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
bigx:

You obviously don't use OS 10
I can say he has not lay his hand on one of the 10 series: Lol
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by mikron(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
not 4 me
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Aida13: 12:28am On Jul 17, 2014
I'm a big-time BB fan but this doesn't flow with the others in the BB portfolio. The shape and screen look less and less like a phone. So what's the point? That said, I love that it has a qwerty keyboard of sorts. Makes this a 'maybe' for me.
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Wisdytech(m): 12:51am On Jul 17, 2014
Am so sure you gonna look Extra Sexy!! lol

www.nairaland.com/1816069/rock-ladies
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by donhils: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2014
romoruyi: BlackBerry is fighting a battle to remain relevant in the smartphone space, and it has two new products in the pipeline that it hopes will reverse its fortunes. While the company has shown off both the new Classic and the Passport, it’s the latter that has garnered the most attention.

Until now, we didn’t know much about the Passport other than the fact that it featured a wide QWERTY keyboard and an unusual 4.5” 1440x1440 display. For the BlackBerry fans out there that cling on to any new release from the Canadian company, CrackBerry has posted a user-written, pre-release review of the Passport.

On the “square” screen:

The screen is one of such elegance, that it even made the most diehard iPhone user smile. It's got one of the sharpest screens out there and the UI that felt cramped on the Q10 now is unleashed in a fashion that renders you hopelessly in love…

The screen is everything on the BlackBerry Passport. They finally figured it out. It's the focus here and also takes over a large amount of the duties of the keyboard. At a whopping 1440x1440 pixels, the screen is pleasantly bright and gives everything more space.

Processors specs are unavailable at this point, but other hardware features were revealed:

This model has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of on-board memory, though I did add a 64 GB SD card myself. Finally, there is an easily accessible nano SIM slot to allow for easy SIM switching without the battery interfering. With it having an internal battery which lasts forever, BlackBerry put the SD card slot and SIM slot on the top of the phone inside of a removable panel.

About that new keyboard:

So how does this work? It works in a fashion never witnessed before. The symbols, characters, numbers and everything else is on screen and intuitively changes depending on where you are. If you are on the compose panels contact list, you will get the numeric buttons on the screen and if on the body portion, the symbols and character can be invoked.

This was of course a prototype device and not every feature was functioning properly. It was also running an older version of BlackBerry’s flagship operating system (10.3.0.428), so performance and software features should be further fleshed out by the time it is officially released.

Is the Passport enough to get folks out of their Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxies? Probably not. But it’s at least nice to see BlackBerry looking to differentiate itself in the market with the Passport.

Source: http://crackberry.com/exclusive-pre-release-review-blackberry-passport

Source 2: http://revos-vision..com
This shît is fat, short and ugly. Plus did anybody notice, the battery level is already half....hmmm I see users carrying chargers up and down as usual.
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by tonychristopher: 1:13am On Jul 17, 2014
donhils:
This shît is fat, short and ugly. Plus did anybody notice, the battery level is already half....hmmm I see users carrying chargers up and down as usual.

I am not a black berry fan but all smart phone batteries drain fast

The secret don't let many apps drain your battery
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by MztrChukwu(m): 4:01am On Jul 17, 2014
Aitee1: Say 'NO' to any phone with hanging syndrome undecided

Hanging syndrome you say?
I'm pretty sure you haven't laid your hands on any of the BB10 devices yet
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by MztrChukwu(m): 4:02am On Jul 17, 2014
tonychristopher:

I am not a black berry fan but all smart phone batteries drain fast

The secret don't let many apps drain your battery

Intelligent!
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by MztrChukwu(m): 4:03am On Jul 17, 2014
Really waiting 2 get my hands on this device... till then, i'd stay hugging my Z30.
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by MztrChukwu(m): 4:05am On Jul 17, 2014
DrObum:
You've obviously not tried BlackBerry Q10!
The battery is the bomb!
God bless you for this! Sum dont kno what the BB10 range of devices can do as regards battery capability
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by sevule(m): 4:57am On Jul 17, 2014
angela98: Hmm it will be same poor battery life which is associated with all smart phone. I won't buy it, I Dont like the design. The screen is too small for me. I love phablet phones with 5.5" screen. It makes browsing enjoyable.. cool

Babe you took the words out of my mouth. When you go the way of the phablet you never go back. I can't imagine using any phone less than 5.5 inches in size
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by frainc(m): 6:31am On Jul 17, 2014
obiscolly:
Lol...no wonder. Go get yourself a BB10 and i promise you'll quit android in 2 weeks.
do you expect me to lie like some here that I use something bigger?

And tell me
Why should I buy the BB10 while there is something more lucrative I can do with the money?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by LilPeezy(m): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2014
romoruyi: BlackBerry is fighting a battle to remain relevant in the smartphone space, and it has two new products in the pipeline that it hopes will reverse its fortunes. While the company has shown off both the new Classic and the Passport, it’s the latter that has garnered the most attention.

Until now, we didn’t know much about the Passport other than the fact that it featured a wide QWERTY keyboard and an unusual 4.5” 1440x1440 display. For the BlackBerry fans out there that cling on to any new release from the Canadian company, CrackBerry has posted a user-written, pre-release review of the Passport.

On the “square” screen:

The screen is one of such elegance, that it even made the most diehard iPhone user smile. It's got one of the sharpest screens out there and the UI that felt cramped on the Q10 now is unleashed in a fashion that renders you hopelessly in love…

The screen is everything on the BlackBerry Passport. They finally figured it out. It's the focus here and also takes over a large amount of the duties of the keyboard. At a whopping 1440x1440 pixels, the screen is pleasantly bright and gives everything more space.

Processors specs are unavailable at this point, but other hardware features were revealed:

This model has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of on-board memory, though I did add a 64 GB SD card myself. Finally, there is an easily accessible nano SIM slot to allow for easy SIM switching without the battery interfering. With it having an internal battery which lasts forever, BlackBerry put the SD card slot and SIM slot on the top of the phone inside of a removable panel.

About that new keyboard:

So how does this work? It works in a fashion never witnessed before. The symbols, characters, numbers and everything else is on screen and intuitively changes depending on where you are. If you are on the compose panels contact list, you will get the numeric buttons on the screen and if on the body portion, the symbols and character can be invoked.

This was of course a prototype device and not every feature was functioning properly. It was also running an older version of BlackBerry’s flagship operating system (10.3.0.428), so performance and software features should be further fleshed out by the time it is officially released.

Is the Passport enough to get folks out of their Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxies? Probably not. But it’s at least nice to see BlackBerry looking to differentiate itself in the market with the Passport.

Source: http://crackberry.com/exclusive-pre-release-review-blackberry-passport

Source 2: http://revos-vision..com
plz guys!, I wanna knw hw to create a topic on NL....can sum1 tell me
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by lakecyd(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2014
Same ol blackberry. they will never learn
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by humblesteve(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2014
Aitee1: If e like make e be OS 100 bb na bb it must have issues
Shut up your mouth if you have no reasonable thing to say better stick to your low end device. And do not say something you know nothing about
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Icudkill: 7:50am On Jul 17, 2014
GudluckIBB: As long as there is no mouse, i think it will end up
like z10

hw did z!0 end if i may ask
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2014
frainc: do you expect me to lie like some here that I use something bigger?

And tell me
Why should I buy the BB10 while there is something more lucrative I can do with the money?
Nobody is saying you should lie. But at least if you don't have first hand experience of the latest model devices, we don't expect you to even make any comment. Stop showcasing your ignorance. You'd have been better off as an observer. Bold 6 that I dumped 3 years go undecided Do you know how many new models and OS updates that have been released since then?
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2014
donhils:
In your mind you just cracked a joke yeah? I'm sure when you first put the battery into your device, it was fully charged Oh, my bad! You probably never got a new device tongue
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by killzone(m): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2014
Luks like blackberry are coming up when they are bringing their new update with the amazon app store included in the OS 10 that means the OS 10 will be able to run android apps and with the specs of the OS 10 smartphones.it will run android apps effectively than most android smartphones
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by killzone(m): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2014
obiscolly:
In your mind you just cracked a joke yeah? I'm sure when you first put the battery into your device, it was fully charged Oh, my bad! You probably never got a new device tongue
don't mind him its ignorant people like him that would say nonsense have u checked the specs of the BBZ10 it has a 2GB RAM,andreno GPU,snapdragon dual core processor @1.5ghz that's enough to run any android app without any lagging.Apart from tecno and any other china product tell me any other manufacturer that would sell this kind of phone @30K.pls the blackberry passport is okay at least blackberry are listening to their customers running android apps on a square screen like that wow.At least a saviour has come them in the way of the amazon app store
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2014
henryobinna: hope its the same price with ma tecno n3 undecided
Poor boi N3 ko W4 ni
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by jerrado(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2014
obidaddy: Truth is most Nigerians are crazy about blackberry or should I say fixated on blackberry. For many it seem to be a status symbol, but truth is blackberry is behind in the advanced western world, the main smart phone platforms and Os are Android and I phone. That barack obama uses blackberry is because he had always used one right from the highpoint of blackberry and mainly for the secured Os of blackberry which is one strong point of research in motion. For now android, iphone and windows rule. Blackberry is mainly relevant in Nigeria but elsewhere it s more or less obsolete. In other to stay relevant they even offered they ones exclusive bbm across android and ios platforms. Today anyone can use bbm which once upon a time was the exclusive preserve of bb owners
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Kessleek(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2014
obiscolly:
Lol... grin S4? Abeg go to the phones section under the BlackBerry 10 thread and see people begging to swap their s4 for bb10 phones. I really wonder how you guys cope. All I do anytime I pick my sister's s4 is shake my head. embarassed
ABEG NOR TOO SHAKE AM MAKE YOUR NECK NOR BREAK
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Kessleek(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Truth be told the design have no wow factor. But its still a big no for me.
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Revolva(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2014
Cecediva: Wow...looks good,how much does it cost?
See question oo na seun be rim boss hahah naija youth and fone rush rush to buy u go be mugun when d price fall down. Go see wetin q10. N z 10 price be for market now I dey laff people face wey waste 100k buy am
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by frainc(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2014
obiscolly:
Nobody is saying you should lie. But at least if you don't have first hand experience of the latest model devices, we don't expect you to even make any comment. Stop showcasing your ignorance. You'd have been better off as an observer. Bold 6 that I dumped 3 years go undecided Do you know how many new models and OS updates that have been released since then?
now I know that your brain lives in your shoe

New toy makes kid a happy child
But business growth makes a man happy
Deal with that

I'm done with your type
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by Thebrightest(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2014
obiscolly: Whoever says that Blackberry is fighting to remain relevant in the smartphone market is either very biased or just waking up from a slumber that dates back to the stone age. That's a battle that has been won since the release of the BlackBerry 10. The worst part is that even Tecno users are making noise angry. I wasn't a big fan of the BBOS platform because of its non ending problems, but since the advent of BB10 it's been a happily-ever-after story. That Barack Obama uses the BlackBerry says a lot wink
I wish most of y'all running your mouths can do a lil research on the number of polls blackberry 10 has won since last year as the best OS. The margin between BB and Android and iOS was unbelievable. I just shake my head for people still talking about battery or hanging issues till now. It shows how informed you are.
Give BlackBerry 2 more years with John Chen and watch the transformation in the BBRY market share and price stability. The previous administration messed things up but BB is back and better. tongue
Don't tell me you believe blackberry OS is the best OS because if you really do, then you should be the one who needs to wake from a slumber which was propagated by excessive ignorance.
Re: The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone by obiscolly(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2014
frainc: now I know that your brain lives in your shoe

New toy makes kid a happy child
But business growth makes a man happy
Deal with that

I'm done with your type

You're talking trash. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way / Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.