Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? (21630 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2014
It depends on the level of poverty. If it is so low, it might be difficult for the relationshop to survive(this is however, dependent on the characters/personalities involved in the relationship/marriage)
However, relationship/marriage is more enjoyable when there is adequate finance.

8 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Jul 16, 2014
How do you define poverty?

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2014
There is absolutely no relationship between poverty and love.

Love does not come with "conditions". When you love someone because ..., then it's not Love.

"For God love the world, that he gave ...

When you LOVE, all that goes through your mind should/would be what to give not what to get. Unfortunately, this concept has been bastardized.

What can you give? Time? Commitment? Faithfulness?... All these come before s. €x and gift/money.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2014
For love to be "true", it MUST be unconditional. In other words, artificial considerations such as wealth, beauty, status, 'swag', etc. should not underpin the feeling of love. After all, isn't that the basis for the saying, 'love is blind'?

Anyways, considering that the majority of people - including couples - in Nigeria (and the world in general) are poor, it would be somewhat unreasonable to suggest that "true love" does not exist in their relationships. In fact, one might even argue that "true" love can only exist in poverty and misery - since such unpleasant conditions reinforce the unconditional essence of love in its purest form.

37 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis: There is absolutely no relationship between poverty and love.

Love does not come with "conditions". When you love someone because ..., then it's not Love.

When you LOVE, all that goes through your mind should/would be what to give not what to get. Unfortunately, this concept has been bastardized.

What can you give? Time? Commitment? Faithfulness?... All these come before s. €x and gift/money.
wow!...interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by maputohq: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis: There is absolutely no relationship between poverty and love.

if that's the definition of love, then loves never exist on earth. Only in heaven.

7 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2014
POVERTY IS A BASTARD

POVERTY WILL MAKE YOU HUMBLE INSTANTLY

SAY NO TO POVERTY angry

38 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2014
pro01: For love to be "true", it MUST be unconditional. In other words, artificial considerations such as wealth, beauty, status, 'swag', etc. should not underpin the feeling of love. After all, isn't that the basis for the saying, 'love is blind'?

Anyways, considering that the majority of people - including couples - in Nigeria (and the world in general) are poor, it would be somewhat unreasonable to suggest that "true love" does not exist in their relationships. In fact, one might even argue that "true" love can only exist in poverty and misery - since such unpleasant conditions reinforce the unconditional essence of love in its purest form.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN TWO POOR COUPLE IN LOVE BEFORE...

6 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by angela98(f): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relationship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool

13 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2014
maputohq:
if that's the definition of love, then loves never exist on earth. Only in heaven.

Really? You mean you always think about "what to get" from the relationship?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis:

How can u live a happy life when you can't be able to provide for your patner.

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by lilmax(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2014
It cant,so a girl should suffer because of what? Love?....a guy must have money before love

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by maputohq: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis:

I'm not in any relationship. Do u imaging yourself loving someone for no reason since you stated that “I love you because... ” is not love... I just don't think it is possible.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2014
maputohq:
I'm not in any relationship. Do u imaging yourself loving someone for no reason since you stated that “I love you because... ” is not love... I just don't think it is possible.
uncommon but it happens. I don't think its proper to love someone because they have something you love. What you love about her could fade away.

When you love HER (not something about her); then she becomes a part of you. This kind of love never dies even after death.

7 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Mintayo(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Op,you may want to define Poverty in this case,because there are thousands of poor people in Nigeria who are happily married. Some of them don't even know that they are poor, because they are satisfy with what they have.
Also its depend on the mindset of the couple involve.

18 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: I HAVE NEVER SEEN TWO POOR COUPLE IN LOVE BEFORE...
LMFAO
They are very few shah.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: How can u live a happy life when you can't be able to provide for your patner.
A happy life begins when you're able to provide for yourself. Provision in the context of Love is not all about money. You can provide smile, happiness, trust, affection, etc. Every other thing like money, food can be gotten even outside the relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2014
lilmax: It cant,so a girl should suffer because of what? Love?....a guy must have money before love
A girl too.

4 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2014
I don't really know but what I can tell y'all is that I'm from a 'normal' family... by normal I mean not poor not rich. That kinda thing. But I wasn't getting the gals until I became a 'laptop boy'...
People's mentality when going into relationships these days are "what can he/she offer me" and that's the reason there is a lot of hurt and heartbreaks.
I don't fool with gals, I only approach you if I like you genuinely but I notice that all the gals I've been with, only have eyes for the money.
It all depends on individual mentality.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by maputohq: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis:
uncommon but it happens. I don't think its proper to love someone because they have something you love. What you love about her could fade away.

When you love HER (not something about her); then she becomes a part of you. This kind of love never dies even after death.
Alright.... UDO
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Largas:
LMFAO
They are very few shah.
Have you seen one before? Don't be deceived about how they act in your presence, na wash
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by lilmax(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2014
Largas:
A girl too.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2014
Cecediva: Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss

Your topic should have read "Can True Love Exist In wealth"

cos true love is actually found when you're broke

and when you become so rich so many fake love will abound even from the members of your family!!

18 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis:
A happy life begins when you're able to provide for yourself. Provision in the context of Love is not all about money. You can provide smile, happiness, trust, affection, etc. Every other thing like money, food can be gotten even outside the relationship.
i understand ur point but 99 per cent of nigerian gals will never love you once you are poor. No sane girl in dis country will prefer a poor guy over a rich guy..never!

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

and when you become so rich so many fake love will abound even from the members of your family!!
Can you marry a poor lady over a rich lady? assuming both of them hav good character?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Mintayo(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

An elderly man told me that if you want to know a 'true' woman,or if a woman really loves,just be 'broke' for a while, or tell her that you don't have some money at hand,her reaction will tell you alot. Some ladies have their love based on materials things!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by onome710(m): 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
The truth is 'YES' love can exist with poverty.
Love in itself is unconditional and therefore poverty will not in any affect the existence of 'true love'
But... It is also true that money (finance, wealth) will go a long way to help sustain love and also keep it away from temptations and eventually 'cheating'.
In our days we find a girl who 'loves' her poor bf/husband who is jobless or earning 'peanuts', but she sells her body or plays one or two runs so as to cater for her needs and sometimes suport the guy. If the guy was well to do, I doubt if she will have any solid reason to be tempted, moreso cheat. So, inasmuch as we know that poverty has no direct link with love, it sure can 'indirectly' affect it just like it affects almost all arears of life even in our relationship with God.
Like they say 'Money is a defence' even against heartbreak.

6 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: i understand ur point but 99 per cent of nigerian gals will never love you once you are poor. No sane girl in dis country will prefer a poor guy over a rich guy..never!
Yea 99%; but poverty has no all-encompassing definition.

Personally, I don't know how to define poverty
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: Can you marry a poor lady over a rich lady? assuming both of them hav good character?

that's what we're saying

if there's true love I'll love who I wanna without considering their financial status

P.S
I've never dated a girl who's richer than I am, I prefer being the big meat and earn respect from her friends and family!!

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Acidosis:
Yea 99%; but poverty has no all-encompassing definition.

Personally, I don't know how to define poverty
Someone is poor when he/she cannot provide his/her basic needs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Don't Make Yourself A Target - Bamisepeters' Blog / How To Hack Someones Whatsapp Account / 7 Reasons Many Men Remain Single For Long - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.