Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? (21632 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by publicenemy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
yes
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by publicenemy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
Cecediva: Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss

love isnt about money but charecter and attitude.poverty in a family is a responsbilty of both parties, the man and the woman so thats out of it.but your attitude in the said poverty matters even if the future doesnt seem bright,as long as the future of the kids are good enuff.
Both parties need to be strong and focused on the important things like the kids and their future.the kids must be thought proper manners and even though they cant get the basics of life but need to have education even if its public school the parents find time to teach them at home ,assist them with home work e.t.c you have to raise responsible children with bright futures.this should keep you going and knowing your old age wont be as hard as it s now.

Basically its about keeping a modest family,debt free,and above all constant reminders of the negative effect the porvety can have on your love life and try to work things out together and keep the love up.

But most men"s attitude changes when they are broke some for good and some for bad..

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Acidosis(m): 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: Someone is poor when he/she cannot provide his/her basic needs.
hmn...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
pro01: For love to be "true", it MUST be unconditional. In other words, artificial considerations such as wealth, beauty, status, 'swag', etc. should not underpin the feeling of love. After all, isn't that the basis for the saying, 'love is blind'?

Anyways, considering that the majority of people - including couples - in Nigeria (and the world in general) are poor, it would be somewhat unreasonable to suggest that "true love" does not exist in their relationships. In fact, one might even argue that "true" love can only exist in poverty and misery - since such unpleasant conditions reinforce the unconditional essence of love in its purest form.
I believe people fall inlove based on what they stand to gain, because i have never seen someone loving a broke person before. Most of the couples nowadays stay together not becos they are truely inlove

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: Have you seen one before? Don't be deceived about how they act in your presence, na wash
Just because you have never seen a poor couple hanging on in love, does not mean they don't exist.
Niggur, you don't knoweth all. You haven't seen all!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dorrobucci: POVERTY IS A BASTARD

POVERTY WILL MAKE YOU HUMBLE INSTANTLY

SAY NO TO POVERTY angry
Lmao cheesy grin
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
lilmax:
You maintained a guy must be rich enough before he involves himself in a relationship, I only gave an opinion that a girl too, must be able to take care of herself financially, before entering a relationship.
The guy should not bear all the financial burden of the girl.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
What are you trying to find out ? Is your guy so poor ?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2014

Your opinion please kiss
for naija nope.
but for oyibo land yes cheesy
remember say jennifer lopez say she can date u if u broke and her love no go cost a thing.for a naija babe na kobo kobo love dem need grin
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
lefulefu:
for naija nope.
but for oyibo land yes cheesy
remember say jennifer lopez say she can date u if u broke and her love no go cost a thing.for a naija babe na kobo kobo love dem need grin
LOL cheesy
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Poverty is a social construct.

A contented man is a rich man - Aristotle

A contented home is a rich and happy home.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by adebayour26: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
maputohq:
I'm not in any relationship. Do u imaging yourself loving someone for no reason since you stated that “I love you because... ” is not love... I just don't think it is possible.
Couples in poverty stick together still clauming they love themselves, let a rich man begin to shower some care (in terms of money) on d woman, then u will know that she's having other thoughts...only few women/ladies would resist this.

Love in poverty will only be determined by how much anyone of the parties involved can withstand intimidations from a richer fellow.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by pweedyuz(f): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
yes,true luv can exist with poverty.,
But i tell my frnds dat 4 a relationship to start,dere must b attraction!!
Nw a girl is walking on d street nd is stopped nd wooed by a keke driver or apple seller...She go gree
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2014

Your opinion please kiss
no because in a typical naija girl thesarus
true love=money
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Lovechyld101(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
@op dnt mind dix people true l0ve in poverty is next to impossible especialy when she so cute i pray n0n of u l0ses ur j0b or funds jus sl0w 2 enter my baby cudnt c0pe and d relationship wasnt fun anym0re c0s we hardly go owt nd all we br0ke up on an understanding gr0und c0s it seems i was bl0ckn better suit0rs 4rm her. Thank g0d am d0in g0od n0w..
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by bukit05(f): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mintayo: There thousands of poor people in Nigeria who are happily married. Some of them don't even know that they are poor, because they are satisfy with what they have.

Well said!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
hmmm.....initially,i usually say its possible for love to exist wen dere s poverty....but,now wey my eyes don open n c d oda syd of life.....my dear,na money dey ginger love ooo....
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by dre11(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
I keep having problem with our defination of poverty because we only think poverty is associated with lack of money.......

Whereas its not so,
so, when u ask about poverty...... let be definate about what we mean. So things don't muddle up

It could be poverty of idea
poverty of goals
poverty of forsight
aspiration
intelligence etc.......
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by pweedyuz(f): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
dre11:
I keep having problem with our defination of poverty because we only think poverty is associated with lack of money.......

Whereas its not so,
so, when u ask about poverty...... let be definate about what we mean. So things don't muddle up

poverty of goals
poverty of forsight
aspiration
intelligence etc.......
Poverty of ideas
Im pretty sure its money he s talking about...

2 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
temigracie: hmmm.....initially,i usually say its possible for love to exist wen dere s poverty....but,now wey my eyes don open n c d oda syd of life.....my dear,na money dey ginger love ooo....
hmm...so you don't believe in true love in poverty?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
dre11:

Whereas its not so,

poverty of goals
poverty of forsight
aspiration
intelligence etc.......
No not that kind of poverty,though i won't call that poverty anyway. The one am refering to is the REAL POVERTY cheesy. i.e A situation whereby you can't provide ur basic needs of life
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
okparaugo: What are you trying to find out ? Is your guy so poor ?
Lol... cheesy Is he not ur brother? tongue
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by dre11(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
pweedyuz:
Poverty of ideas
Im pretty sure its money he s talking about...

yes..... their is poverty of ideas
that was is worrying our country...... we have the resources but like ideas and will power to make good use of it

if its money.......... Then love looks beyound money.

Agape love is the altimate

but, real looks at the future worth in contrast to the present worth....... because it looks at the other object with respect to happiness, joy, health, satisfaction, understanding and the altimate...... Life beyond this place
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by dre11(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Cecediva: No not that kind of poverty,though i won't call that poverty anyway. The one am refering to is the REAL POVERTY cheesy. i.e A situation whereby you can't provide ur basic needs of life

monentary aspect to have grades ooo
we have chornic poverty
situation poverty
fluctuation poverty etc

but........ may any never befall us sha....
So, i don't think about poverty.... because i believe this phrase that 'whatso ever a man thinket so he his'
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Lovechyld101(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Cecediva: hmm...so you don't believe in true love in poverty?

its n0t advisable you jus bec0me a lability to each other when d man is stil struggling to eat 3square meal how do u want him 2tink of luv. Not neccesarly he has 2giv d lady m0ney but he has to do his duty as a man "provide" What does he hav 2 offer d w0man. Lets face reality.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by okumbe(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
angela98: Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relatiobship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool
wow, this is a real woman. My girl I love so much just disappointed bc I doesn't give her enough according to her buh I care so much for dis that forfeit anything to make her happy. Buhhhhhhhh
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by angela98(f): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
okumbe: wow, this is a real woman. My girl I love so much just disappointed bc I doesn't give her enough according to her buh I care so much for dis that forfeit anything to make her happy. Buhhhhhhhh
Dont worry u will find another girl who would appreciate you and sincerely love u for u. Unfortunately, some women thinks that money is d in thing in a relationship but it ain't. Where there is love and understanding, both of u can work together to succeed..

3 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2014
neutralwaya:
A contented man is a rich man
Although I agree with this. . .
neutralwaya:
A contented home is a rich and happy home
and this. . .
neutralwaya: Poverty is a social construct.
I do not agree with this!

Things like 'class', beauty, sophistication, etc are social constructs because they are artificial and subjective, but poverty is as real as life itself. It is certainly not a social construct, especially when it is abject.

When a family's house rent is overdue and they are eventually evicted from their home and end up homeless; when one's children are thrown out of school because of unpaid school fees; when it becomes increasingly difficult to eat even one decent meal a day - and the kids are severely malnourished due to acute hunger. . . .my brother, poverty is damn real.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2014
pro01:
Although I agree with this. . .

and this. . .

I do not agree with this!

Things like 'class', beauty, sophistication, etc are social constructs because they are artificial and subjective, but poverty is as real as life itself. It is certainly not a social construct, especially when it is abject.

When a family's house rent is overdue and they are eventually evicted from their home and end up homeless; when one's children are thrown out of school because of unpaid school fees; when it becomes increasingly difficult to eat even one decent meal a day - and the kids are severely malnourished due to acute hunger. . . .my brother, poverty is damn real.

Of course bro, poverty is real. But it can be tackled and uprooted fundamentally, if efforts are made.... And the digital age will bring about a near end to poverty with time.....
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 9:09am On Jul 22, 2014
neutralwaya:

Of course bro, poverty is real. But it can be tackled and uprooted fundamentally, if efforts are made.... And the digital age will bring about a near end to poverty with time.....
How do you intend to tackle and uproot poverty fundamentally? Am waiting for your reply
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cecediva(f): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2014
pro01:

Spot on cool I still want to know if true love can still exist in this kind of condition.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Lily4star(f): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Most of us our parents had nothing when they met, some absolutely nothing when they even got married, sometimes even had to borrow to eat, only true love does that cos they both know the only thing constant in life is change and as time went on things got better and better for them, u ll be surprised what some wealthy families today went through before they got to where they are right now. That's true love, standing by eacthother nomatter what. Kudos to our Parents.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Reasons Many Men Remain Single For Long - Bamisepeter's Blog / Things Couples Should Do After Honeymoon / Know Us Better (Guys Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.