Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? (21629 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by lilmax(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Seanixking: ya post lyk a typical nigerian gee,whu fhink she z happy even wen her spouse abuse her physical, emotional en spiritually...wen duh spouse strt chasin oda geez,she run'z tew nairaland tew cry vhat her spouse z cheatin....POVERTY z a bastard...while DEPENDENT z a lil bitch...
what are you saying?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hell no!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
From the beginning of this world till now, true love has existed in the world.

BUT THIS GENERATION IS HELL BENT ON SEEKING IT INSIDE THE INTERNET.

Leave this internet place and go and go and experience real love with real people.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by ablyguy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Poverty, to a great extent influences thoughts and constantly edits psychological evaluations. Now, the feeling of love is born out of a barrage of emotion and those are direct reflections of someone's pyschological condition at a time. The above scenario ostensibly lends credence to the fact that those two are as closely related to each other as sand is to the root of a tree, with poverty being the sand and true love, the root.

I hope I made sense...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
It is best not to envisage such state or condition thinking you find genuine love , lack can make human misbehave when it bites hard & an adage says a poor man's wife belongs to another,same is d children. Pray for d idea that would launch u out, rather than accept fate. Poverty is a busstop & not a destination, immediately you choose consciously to get ahead(honestly), you see the route out(at least to meet your needs) to d destination.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Ijobaorun(m): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss
Pls don't pray 4 such. U wil be frustrated at the end. Marriage is a union of blessing not poverty 'two are BETTER than one'.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
I experienced just 1yr of brokenness and I knew what I faced.

Nope true love does not exist in Naija if you are poor.

Within this week alone, the demands from my female GF'S n friends alone is close to 400k if u compile dem togeda.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by winner01(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
It depends on the lady ( ladies of nowadays generally believe in fairytale love thanks to romantic movies).....however, poverty frustrates love.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by gbaskiboy: 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dorrobucci: POVERTY IS A BASTARD

POVERTY WILL MAKE YOU HUMBLE INSTANTLY

SAY NO TO POVERTY angry
he no go better for poverty
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by CuteCynthia(f): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2014

Your opinion please kiss

Yes it can

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by mployer(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
IjogzK: I experienced just 1yr of brokenness and I knew what I faced.

Nope true love does not exist in Naija if you are poor.

Within this week alone, the demands from my female GF'S n friends alone is close to 400k if u compile dem togeda.

lol @400k, na only you waka come?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Ashmark(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
There is No smoke without fire(2face voice)
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by harrwix(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
it depends on what angle you are looking at it. true love does not depend on money it comes from the heart....but dats if you live in an environment with no much pressure for material things e.g village or if both parties come from poor homes. but if you have tasted money, trust me, there is no amount of love that will spring up in your heart whether true or not that is not backed up with money....
P.S : a lady once told me they love guys with money cos it gives them a sense of security.....love won't pay d bills
so for me hustling things cos I no wan here stories....d finer d better
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Kossyne(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lily4star: Most of us our parents had nothing when they met, some absolutely nothing when they even got married, sometimes even had to borrow to eat, only true love does that cos they both know the only thing constant in life is change and as time went on things got better and better for them, u ll be surprised what some wealthy families today went through before they got to where they are right now. That's true love, standing by eacthother nomatter what. Kudos to our Parents.

Dear, did you grow up in a poor family?
How many times where you sent home from school due to inability to pay tuition fee?,
How many times did sleep on an empty stomach?
Answer these questions, then I will know how to address your post.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by eusuph99: 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2014

Your opinion please kiss
Y do i like you?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Ashmark(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
ablyguy: Poverty, to a great extent influences thoughts and constantly edits psychological evaluations. Now, the feeling of love is born out of a barrage of emotion and those are direct reflections of someone's pyschological condition at a time. The above scenario ostensibly lends credence to the fact that those two are as closely related to each other as sand is to the root of a tree, with poverty being the sand and true love, the root.

I hope I made sense...

You didnt......
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by chlowi(f): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Yes

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by obiscolly(m): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
chlowi: Yes
Why do you think so? smiley
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
CeCe ur post again making FP
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Seanixking: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
lilmax: what are you saying?
Dnt wake mhe up#restin unda an iroko tree
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by REXREGIS: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
umm....dunno. But i sure know that love is sweeter in plenty.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by dokunbam(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
well....

Simple Question

Hmmmm it can undecided
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Lily4star(f): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kossyne:

Dear, did you grow up in a poor family?
How many times where you sent home from school due to inability to pay tuition fee?,
How many times did sleep on an empty stomach?
Answer these questions, then I will know how to address your post.

I saw it all while growing up but we thankGod for his grace today, you saw through my post though, a good woman won't run away cos things re bad, you ability to standby him and make it seem like all is well ll make the man more success driven. It always gets better, my Dad and Mum always tells me though that the biggest mistake one can make in life is marrying the wrong person, who u marry matters.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
pro01: For love to be "true", it MUST be unconditional. In other words, artificial considerations such as wealth, beauty, status, 'swag', etc. should not underpin the feeling of love. After all, isn't that the basis for the saying, 'love is blind'?

Anyways, considering that the majority of people - including couples - in Nigeria (and the world in general) are poor, it would be somewhat unreasonable to suggest that "true love" does not exist in their relationships. In fact, one might even argue that "true" love can only exist in poverty and misery - since such unpleasant conditions reinforce the unconditional essence of love in its purest form.

GBAM IJI YA
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by ablyguy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ashmark:

You didnt......

Ok. Should I write an epistle?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cabinbiscuit: I don't really know but what I can tell y'all is that I'm from a 'normal' family... by normal I mean not poor not rich. That kinda thing. But I wasn't getting the gals until I became a 'laptop boy'...
People's mentality when going into relationships these days are "what can he/she offer me" and that's the reason there is a lot of hurt and heartbreaks.
I don't fool with gals, I only approach you if I like you genuinely but I notice that all the gals I've been with, only have eyes for the money.
It all depends on individual mentality.

Bros, no be only u o. I am a testifier to this too. All dem eye dey penetrate wallet...about what u can offer. It's quite pathetic that u can never find it easy to think of something better e.g. future with a girl whom u know is with u cos u can offer her money for hairdo, cream, fried rice/sharwama, take her to clothing shoppings etc. No man will be comfortable planning a future with such lady. Poverty is just our major problem in this country.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tete7000(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
God is true love and as per poverty, he who has God has all. Poverty is not lack of financial or material needs but a state of being devoid of God who is the author of all ideas necessary to take man out of his penury. Back to your question True love does not depend on material needs but can exist even when a person doesn't have all he/she needs so far he has God. Even a rich man may not be able to find a true love if he lacks God

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Ashmark(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
ablyguy:

Ok. Should I write an epistle?

Epistle!!!!!!!!!!!.......Not again
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Yea, it exists in nollywood movies.....and mayb in some of d muvies shown on Telemundo
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gbam!!!
angela98: Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relatiobship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool
angela98: Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relatiobship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by chlowi(f): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
obiscolly:
Why do you think so? smiley

Because it can! I didn't think it. Because I know itt does exist even in abject poverty...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by ablyguy(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ashmark:

Epistle!!!!!!!!!!!.......Not again

Hehehe! You're suffering from epistolophobia too then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Don't Make Yourself A Target - Bamisepeters' Blog / How To Hack Someones Whatsapp Account / 7 Reasons Many Men Remain Single For Long - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.