Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? (21623 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Kossyne(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
@OP, Your post lacks details. Do you mean true love in "marriage", or "casual relationship" cos the two are different all together.

Now Personally I think love is overhyped, No thanks Nollywood and Mexican soap operas. Now if you think love is like when poor Jim Iyke whose father is a farmer is in love with Mercy Johnson , an orphan, then you are living in a dream world and it's high time you woke up. Lets face the facts,
Relationships hardly last without money, though marriage may because our society abhors divorce, so you either stay and endure it or bear the stigma.

From my little observation, I came to the conclusion that most posters here come from an average or well to do family, hence , never experienced real poverty.

Do you know why your Parents struggle to give you the best education?..So that you will escape poverty and its attendant problems.

Being in a relationship with a guy with good prospects is good, but judging from someone's opinion "not fact" how many ladies can stay in love with a poor guy with no dreams?

@OP there are lots of begging questions. Real Life is not "NOLLYWOOD"

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by obiscolly(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
chlowi:

Because it can! I didn't think it. Because I know itt does exist even in abject poverty...
Yeah I do share your opinion too. Just wanted to know why. I believe love is unconditional but poverty can kill a relationship even when both parties still love each other deep down.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Lucasbalo(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss
It's possible but it is very rare. No woman wants to be in relationship where there are financial impediments. The number one cause of divorce here in US is finance. With that, I believe love in penury is just kind of a temporary love until the money bags comes around.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by chlowi(f): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
obiscolly:
Yeah I do share your opinion too. Just wanted to know why. I believe love is unconditional but poverty can kill a relationship even when both parties still love each other deep down.

I totally agree!!!

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Kossyne(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lily4star:

I saw it all while growing up but we thankGod for his grace today, you saw through my post though, a good woman won't run away cos things re bad, you ability to standby him and make it seem like all is well ll make the man more success driven. It always gets better, my Dad and Mum always tells me though that the biggest mistake one can make in life is marrying the wrong person, who u marry matters.

I quite agree with your Mom, marrying the wrong person might be one's biggest mistake in life but being in love with the wrong person is my idea of hell.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Of course. In Nollywood home videos. grin
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by obiscolly(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
chlowi:

I totally agree!!!
cool
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Kossyne(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lily4star:

I saw it all while growing up but we thankGod for his grace today, you saw through my post though, a good woman won't run away cos things re bad, you ability to standby him and make it seem like all is well ll make the man more success driven. It always gets better, my Dad and Mum always tells me though that the biggest mistake one can make in life is marrying the wrong person, who u marry matters.

I quite agree with your Mom, marrying the wrong person might be one's biggest mistake in life but being in love with the wrong person is my idea of hell
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
UuzbaGuuzba: From the beginning of this world till now, true love has existed in the world.

BUT THIS GENERATION IS HELL BENT ON SEEKING IT INSIDE THE INTERNET.

Leave this internet place and go and go and experience real love with real people.

You say ??
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Maonyz(f): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss

True love can exist in poverty but I must say, poverty could indirectly affect the love. Where there is no money, happiness is seldom there, not necessarily any of the couples fault. Its the simple truth. A hungry man/woman is an (˘̯˘ ) man/woman. Happiness helps to nurture love . The love God has for us (agape) is unconditional and not exaclty the same type a couples sharess(phileo...not sure of the Spelling). The love between couples that makes them a couple must be nurtured no matter how true their love is...with attention, sweet words, comfort, gifts etc. And money makes these things most available.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Lily4star(f): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kossyne:

I quite agree with your Mom, marrying the wrong person might be one's biggest mistake in life but being in love with the wrong person is my idea of hell

We re talking about thesame thing
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by ksbusari(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Love in poverty simply means incompatibility of man and woman in marriage.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by okotv(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Acidosis: There is absolutely no relationship between poverty and love.

Love does not come with "conditions". When you love someone because ..., then it's not Love.

"For God love the world, that he gave ...

When you LOVE, all that goes through your mind should/would be what to give not what to get. Unfortunately, this concept has been bastardized.

What can you give? Time? Commitment? Faithfulness?... All these come before s. €x and gift/money.
...nice but who would accept this
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
Money doesn't buy u love,but it puts you in a better bargaining position..
It is that money that will enhance the "true"love.
Even SU sister go tell u she can't marry a Pauper simple.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Acidosis: How do you define poverty?
which of d many brands of poverty?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Acidosis:
A happy life begins when you're able to provide for yourself. Provision in the context of Love is not all about money. You can provide smile, happiness, trust, affection, etc. Every other thing like money, food can be gotten even outside the relationship.
do you know all the problem in this world comes down to one thing?The "Green" bill.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by henryubani(m): 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Poverty maltreated me to the extent I lost my girlfriend who say she love me, I loved her with all I have. If the couple get together finally the lady might try to cheat on the hubby just to make ends meet...say NO to poverty....I made it
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: I believe people fall inlove based on what they stand to gain, because i have never seen someone loving a broke person before. Most of the couples nowadays stay together not becos they are truely inlove
this your write up raises another poignant question "how many people married based on love even though d guy isn't rich"?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
___
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by BankuTilapia2: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
MONEY GETS YOU THE WOMEN YOU WANT BUT POVERTY GETS YOU THE WOMAN YOU NEED.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
wordcat:

Even god's love comes with a condition, which is; You must believe in him or perpetual punishment.
not one condition.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bukky use to tell me "I won't leave u for another"(story) but when I still dey struggle as an undergraduate she meet another guy who was spending cash constantly,my people 2years relationship enter auto-delete sharply.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Alexsmith20(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Acidosis: How do you define poverty?
poverty in the sense that your financial ability is directly proportional to your eating one square meal a day...if you still dont understand just park to my house i think you would fathom better.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by dartsidius7(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
Acidosis: There is absolutely no relationship between poverty and love.

Love does not come with "conditions". When you love someone because ..., then it's not Love.

"For God love the world, that he gave ...

When you LOVE, all that goes through your mind should/would be what to give not what to get. Unfortunately, this concept has been bastardized.

What can you give? Time? Commitment? Faithfulness?... All these come before s. €x and gift/money.

You cant just love someone for no damn reason. Something has to attract you to the person, could be looks, personality, ambition etc. Even with God's love, worship and get rewarded or disobey and burn in hell. It always comes with a condition.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Cynthia4real: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
angela98: Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relatiobship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool
nice one
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by experimentist: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Unconditional love dey scarce for Naija
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Alexsmith20(m): 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dorrobucci: POVERTY IS A BASTARD

POVERTY WILL MAKE YOU HUMBLE INSTANTLY

SAY NO TO POVERTY angry
And i dont remember being humble to be a bad thing...sometime it comes to make you aware of the things you neglected.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Emulti(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
angela98: Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relatiobship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool

babe u make sense! Will u b my wife?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
A man tends to profer the highest kind of Love and believes on it faithfully, honestly and humbly when he is poor even to a fellow poor lady and they both will be blindly led. But not in a lady's world can she honestly love a poor man even when she is also poor, knowing fully dat d man can't offer more than I LOVE U.. But if U ask me, I will say that.. U can't know a humble man when he is ''poor''. So, I solemly call that LOVE ''fake''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Song Of Solomon - Erotic Poetry At Its Finest / How To Count The Numbers Of Rounds During Sex / 7 Reasons Many Men Remain Single For Long - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.