Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:39 AM

6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met (822 Views)

6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met. / My True Love Story ........Telling You With Tears / 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met by myspnigeria: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2014
1. “I’m a Huge Sports Fan”

There are plenty of genuine female sports fanatics, but many women are a bit more “meh” on the subject. Problem is, they’ll still spend countless hours perched in front of a big screen with you and your friends, pretending to have fun but secretly wanting to escape by any means necessary. Some women believe that to keep a guy interested, she must love what he loves. While it’s great to support each other's passions, if she keeps watching Supersport to make you happy, it will foster resentment.

Get the truth: Don’t make a big deal of it. Just give her out—and let her know it’s okay to take it. Say, “Hey, we're going to watch the game. You’re welcome to come, but if you’re sick of Football, I totally understand.”

2. “I Like My Independence”

Of course she values her freedom, but she'll pretend she likes to take things slower than she really does to avoid coming off as desperate. When given too much ‘space,’ women feel unattended to. Basically, she tells you to go out with your buddies, and then gets upset that you aren’t hanging out with her.

Get the truth: Let her know you’re into her. The more secure she feels in your bond, the more likely she is to tell you what she really wants from the relationship. You don't need to have a capital-T "Talk"—just make some small gestures. Randomly text her, “just thinking about you," or pick up her favorite snack because, hey, you were listening.

3. “I’m Always in the Mood”

She couldn't keep her hands off you in the early stages of your relationship, but now it's a precedent she worries about keeping up. Women are very much aware of their partner’s sensitivity in this area and don’t want to do anything to bruise their egos. But obligatory s*x doesn’t make for orgasms or an emotional connection.

Get the truth: If you’re not sure she wants you to make a move, saying something along the lines of, “Want to have a little fun? If you’re too tired, that’s okay. We can rest up for tomorrow.” (Wink.) It’s all about letting her know that if she says “not tonight,” you aren’t going to roll over mad.

4. “It’s Cool You Have So Many Friends Who Are Girls”

In theory, ladies love men with platonic pals. (“Finally, a guy who understands women!”) But in reality, guy-girl friendships can cause a lot of jealously. There is such a bad connotation to the word ‘jealous, but it’s natural to have some degree of jealousy when you care about someone. It’s instinct.”

Get the truth: You don’t have to ditch your female friends. Just let her know that sometimes you get jealous, too. Whether it’s from her hanging out with her “work husband” or accepting free drinks at the bar, tell her when the feeling crops up. It will help her see that jealously is perfectly normal. Plus, by showing her that you care about her enough to be jealous, she might be less worried about you straying.

5. “I’m Low-Maintenance”

A low-maintenance girl has never felt the need to utter this phrase. But if your partner doesn't lay down any rules and always says she’s “cool” with whatever, something could be up. She could be afraid of coming off as difficult, demanding, or, yes, high-maintenance. And while no woman is going to kick off a first date with a list of demands, if you’re getting serious and still haven’t heard them, that’s a problem.

Get the truth: Watch your words. If you find yourself complaining about a difficult ex or talking about how you “just hate drama,” you might be giving her the impression she needs to put on a super laid-back show.

6. “I’m Fine”

Despite what it seems, she’s not trying to be passive-aggressive. She’s genuinely trying to hide that she’s upset. “Saying ‘I’m fine’ can be easier than telling the truth, because she knows telling the truth risks making you defensive or angry. Or that you won’t understand. But bottling in her feelings—even if they're less than logical—can spell more trouble down the road. And honestly, if you drop the issue after she says, “I’m fine,” you’re probably in trouble.

Get the truth: Instead of “What’s wrong?" try “You seem upset. Tell me what’s on your mind.” It lets her know you're all ears. “As hard as it is, just listen. Let her share her feelings, knowing it isn't your responsibility to fix her.”
Re: 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met by fijiano202(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Nice though but no 1 is cow shiit
Re: 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met by mencade5(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
ok
Re: 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met by DrObum(m): 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ok! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Guys: If You Discovered That Your Sister Is Pregnant! / 9 Tips For Building A Loving Relationship / Playing Hard To Get By Females These Days, Is It Necessarily Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.