Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,186 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers (21953 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Write Your Best Birthday Sms For Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by etenyong(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
The Lagos State Government has introduced a 10-day paternity leave for male civil servants and extended maternity leave for female worker to six months.

Speaking at a joint press conference at the Bagauda Kaltho Press Centre, Alausa, the state Head of Service, Mrs Josephine Williams, said the new leave regime was meant to reduce the negative implication of the extensive work life of parents, who are civil servants in the state.

She said, “A female officer shall be entitled to twenty-four weeks maternity leave with full pay in case of her first two deliveries. The said leave shall commence, at least two weeks before the expected delivery date; a male officer, to who a new baby (or babies in case of multiple births) is born shall be entitled to 10 working days.”

Williams added that subsequent deliveries by any employees would attract only 12 weeks maternity leave for the female officer, while the male officer would not be entitled to the 10-day leave.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Public Health, Dr. Yewande Adeshina, said the six-month leave would enable the nursing female public servants to implement the recommended six months exclusive breast feeding.

“At six months or 24 weeks, a baby is considered strong enough to be left in decent crèche for proper  care having gone through close affection and nurturing by mother,” she said.
www.punchng.com/news/lagos-okays-six-month-maternity-leave-10-days-for-fathers/

51 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by pickabeau1: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is commendable!

52 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is a welcomed development.

Lol I find the idea of paternity leave quite thoughtful. Yes men too deserve some rest, they too go through emotional stress when their wives get pregnant and/or enter labour. smiley

I pray other states follow suit grin

55 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by godlyheritage: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Good. 'We' are pregnant.

21 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Where are the good places of lagos? I want to relocate

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
godlyheritage: Good. 'We' are pregnant.
Oh yeah you and your spouse. No one can argue otherwise, may you two carry to term grin

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: Where are the good places of lagos? I want to relocate
Ajegunle grin

12 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
SalC: Ajegunle grin
you want me to die before my time??

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SAMBARRY: 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
I KNOW SAY NA WETIN THE LAZY MEN GO LIKE BE THAT.SEE THEIR MOUTH LIKE THIS IS COMMENDABLE LIKE SAY THEM GO HELP THE NURSING MOTHER WASH BABY CLOTHES AND SO ON tongue

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: you want me to die before my time??
God forbid!! You will not die. Ok try. Banana island wink

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
SAMBARRY: I KNOW SAY NA WETIN THE LAZY MEN GO LIKE BE THAT.SEE THEIR MOUTH LIKE THIS IS COMMENDABLE LIKE SAY THEM GO HELP THE NURSING MOTHER WASH BABY CLOTHES AND SO ON tongue
Why not? grin
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SAMBARRY: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
SalC: Why not? grin
LAZY BONES.LOOKING FOR ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO FIRE THE NURSING MOTHER WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF tongue

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
SAMBARRY: LAZY BONES.LOOKING FOR ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO FIRE THE NURSING MOTHER WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF tongue
And so? tongue

It is the Lord's doing and it's marvellous in our eyes cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SAMBARRY: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
SalC: And so? tongue

It is the Lord's doing and it's marvellous in our eyes cheesy
THE PLACE NEVER HEAL AND ALL YOU WANT TO BE DOING FOR THOSE DAYS IS TO BE FIRING,ABI WHICH WORK YOU GO DEY DO.LAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYY BOONES tongue

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
SAMBARRY: THE PLACE NEVER HEAL AND ALL YOU WANT TO BE DOING FOR THOSE DAYS IS TO BE FIRING,ABI WHICH WORK YOU GO DEY DO.LAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYY BOONES tongue
Why you dey drink panadol for another person headache? smiley

As the spirit leads grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by etenyong(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
It sound so good and nice. How i wish d state government wil mandate d private organizations to comply with d intiative.
Alteast d man will help to wash d baby's cloth @ home for d 10 days leave. But they must not used dat 10 days for adding extra loads. The must control demself during d period.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by shiloz: 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Good for dem oooo. Wettin concern me here
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Prodigee: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
ok
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
thank God for the paternity leave. i can spend more time with my wife and baby

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by GoodBoi1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wow
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
It happened on 13th March 2014, it was so sad.
I can't forget that day. I cried and cried and cried.

My boiled corn fell inside gutter.

26 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by manny4life(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
edit
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
SalC: God forbid!! You will not die. Ok try. Banana island wink
how much to buy a house
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by victorazy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
MD will always be angry when his employee is pregnant and this can affect employment market especially women.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lagos State Nigeria version of Carlifornia

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
SAMBARRY: THE PLACE NEVER HEAL AND ALL YOU WANT TO BE DOING FOR THOSE DAYS IS TO BE FIRING,ABI WHICH WORK YOU GO DEY DO.LAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYY BOONES tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by kalamayat: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Some men have four wives.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by uplink(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by ICEKID334(m): 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: Where are the good places of lagos? I want to relocate
try mushin sad
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Firefire(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
am coming
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Ghydyon(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
this is gender discrimination...why 10 days for fathers.everybody is equal nw

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by midetinz(m): 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is INJUSTICE! 6months to 10 days. Habamana! We've been carrying the baby all the while ke? Why 10days?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marrying A Feminist / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.