Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (140689 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by ayolight(f): 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
Emioga:
Wow this thread is still here. Been going through so much. Thought of killing myself but I think of my kids. Am so tired
Hmmmm. There is always Light at the end of every dark tunnel. No matter how long or big it might be and sometimes the tunnels are dirty with lots of heavy cobwebs. But l am sure at the end Light will shine. Cheers...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by SlowlybtSurely: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2017
Emioga:
Wow this thread is still here. Been going through so much. Thought of killing myself but I think of my kids. Am so tired

Please share and you will feel better.

Whatever it is, don't try the bolded.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Please share and you will feel better.

Whatever it is, don't try the bolded.
am so tired. If you have read my former post I said my mil stays with us. My husband has changed so much just because his mom and brother don't get along with me. He calls me names and all sorts. He blackmails me financially, emotionally and psychologically(if their is a phrase like that) take for example 2 days ago I heard my mil fighting with someone so I came out of the house, on getting their i knew the woman she was fighting with so I approached the woman and told her to please leave our compound. After that I went to the woman 's shop and told her it wasn't nice to just enter someone else compound and start shouting. To cut long story short my husband said I sent the woman to beat his mother. I just weak. So much more. cry
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Asey(f): 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
I feel your pain sister. I am also going through a similar thing even though i dont have in-laws staying with me. My husband allows his parents and siblings to accuse me wrongfully and even insult me and he cant say anything even though he dislikes it.

All i will tell you to do is pray,pray pray and pray more. At the right time,God will make you smile at your marriage.
Pray like your life depends on your marriage and tell God to make your mother MIL and any other in law have a change of heart.
Please be strong.
Emioga:
am so tired. If you have read my former post I said my mil stays with us. My husband has changed so much just because his mom and brother don't get along with me. He calls me names and all sorts. He blackmails me financially, emotionally and psychologically(if their is a phrase like that) take for example 2 days ago I heard my mil fighting with someone so I came out of the house, on getting their i knew the woman she was fighting with so I approached the woman and told her to please leave our compound. After that I went to the woman 's shop and told her it wasn't nice to just enter someone else compound and start shouting. To cut long story short my husband said I sent the woman to beat his mother. I just weak. So much more. cry

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Asey:
I feel your pain sister. I am also going through a similar thing even though i dont have in-laws staying with me. My husband allows his parents and siblings to accuse me wrongfully and even insult me and he cant say anything even though he dislikes it.

All i will tell you to do is pray,pray pray and pray more. At the right time,God will make you smile at your marriage.
Pray like your life depends on your marriage and tell God to make your mother MIL and any other in law have a change of heart. Please be strong.
am trying but it is getting worse. Yours is even better, they don't stay with you. They will abuse me to my face and smile when they see my husband. If cum report to hubby na bashing from him o
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by FynBabe(f): 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Abeg, no vex o! Must you remain married to your husband?
Can't you give him a little space for your sanity abi you want to die a 'MRS'?
Please leave that toxic environment for now.
Emioga:
am trying but it is getting worse. Yours is even better, they don't stay with you. They will abuse me to my face and smile when they see my husband. If cum report to hubby na bashing from him o

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
FynBabe:
exactly what my sister said but I actually know why I have been living in fear why I haven't left, it's because I depend on him financially and my family is not ready to interfere cos they told me not to marry him and they fear him like mad. So I keep on being strong and hope I don't die in the office of "Mrs"
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by FynBabe(f): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hmmmm! May God help you.
Emioga:
exactly what my sister said but I actually know why I have been living in fear why I haven't left, it's because I depend on him financially and my family is not ready to interfere cos they told me not to marry him and they fear him like mad. So I keep on being strong and hope I don't die in the office of "Mrs"
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by onegig(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
You don't want to get involved with someone who can't make decisions themselves or who has to consult their parents before making the slightest decision. They don't change and you would be worse off in the end if you marry them

All these red flags are shown during courtship but most choose to ignore them. Not only guys are tied to their mother's apron strings but some ladies too.

When your guy cannot draw a line between mother and fiancee then you would have problems of unnecessary interference in your married life.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by zemaye: 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Emioga:

Darling pls I AM begging you find a wood and pan fry akara to sell and sleep with peace of mind.
O my God. Most ladies that goes through same fate as you have ONLY one excuse. (Finance )and may be fear of unknown.
You should love yourself enough to know when to leave. embarassed embarassed
Only YOU can help you so pls find a way to run without looking back embarassed
We are our limitation .pls leave I am sure your family won't want you dead when they see you taking the bull by the horn .
They will either keep mute or support you.
In the end all you need is strong faith that you will survive and God is enough for you

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by MissIndependent(f): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
onegig:
I am not yet married but one solid thing i have learnt from my Mum by watching her dealings when it comes to these extended family issues is to first limit your familiarity. There's no need for all these unnecessary "talks" and useless associations that i see many married women going into.

Do things because you are genuinely happy and willing to do them not because someone somewhere wants to blackmail or coerce you into doing it. Be independent, have an identity of your own and be firm in your decisions.

When people know your unwavering stand on issues they would learn to respect you for it with time. Be diplomatic at the start but be firm and consistent. I can only assure you that with time and as you grow into the marriage they would learn to respect your decisions to be "on your own".

And remember to be able to hold your own in these situations. You must have sharpened that "i don't care" attitude and have developed extra thick skin to all the talks that would emanate from your actions.

@other ladies.

You also need to court the support of your husband and need to see his family as yours also. You just need to learn how to balance between being families and your own personal freedoms and choices demands.
Wow
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by saintade01(m): 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
FynBabe:

Sometimes I baffles at the way people just say "leave him" as if it's that easy. If that has been done by you before, you might as well just share your experience. Walking away from a marriage doesn't solve issues most times.

It takes a lot of courage, nerves, balls and determination to pull that off.

What happened to discussion, praying, yielding, compromise etc.

No offence meant.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by MummyIMadeIt: 12:32am On Feb 18, 2017
i just stumbled on this thread, though am not married yet... hey but as the going goes "knowledge is the best key to understanding".

THE ISSUE ON MARITAL FLAWS FROM MY OWN VIEW STARTS FROM THE ISSUE OF NOT HAVING THE NEEDED/RIGHT FOUNDATION FROM ONES EARLY FAMILY BEFORE STARTING HIS/HER OWN...

IN THE CASE YOU MISSED THE EARLIER, HERE ARE FEW TIPS TO STARTING A GOOD FOUNDATION FOR YOUR MARRIAGE

- know your partner 90%: this is a must rule for any successful union. do your own research on your partners family, ex, friends, associations, clubs etc. The most important on the above examples is the first two FAMILY AND EX, make sure you know about 95% of the earlier mentioned category no joking.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
Been a while in here.
Hello everyone!

A lot of water have passed under this bridge. People were sold out, trusts broken, a lot of emotional damages done, but in all I thank everyone of you for participating actively while the thread lasted.

A lot of people are dying in silence because they've got no one to talk to or share their problems with.
If you ever feel the need to talk to anyone, or share your story in a wider platform freely without been called out or humiliated, be free to talk to me thru a private message or add me up on Facebook. (Ken xandra). Matters of the heart are delicate matters that shouldn't be addressed in a way that will cause more damage than good.

If you need an opinion on anything or wants to share your story without your identity just send to my inbox and I will do justice to it.

We all pray for a happy home and a warm relationship with everybody around us.

I earnestly enjoyed the time we all spent here, and I equally made some friends too. Its nice having you all here.

Stay safe and remain blessed!

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
Emioga:

Hello emioga. Could u pls inbox me? On Facebook. Just search for ken xandra.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
Godmystrength:
Wow!!! Where is everybody? It's been a while.
I missed you ooo.
Where have u been?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
wapu:
Just saw this thread.
I'm having a serious challenge with my marriage.
my story is long pls bear with me.

I and hubby met while in school.
He chased me like crazy. We were just on and off.
After a while I decided to give it a try.

We got engaged often 3yrs of courting.
8 months after the engagement I took in.
Hubby wanted me to abort I refused. We had already done our introduction and all that so our both families knew each other.
Hubby changed that he wasn't ready for it .... I insisted I won't abort.
we could both afford the pregnancy so I couldn't understand him.
I can raise the child comfortably so I insisted I wasn't going to abort.

I had to involve his family when I realized he was serious.. and we had our trad last month.
The problem now is that hubby has completely changed.

He disrespect me now. Says all manner of silly things to me with disregard.
We work in different states.
Since we got married he hasn't visited me. I do the visiting. When I visit he's all loving and behaves.
Immediately I leave he goes back to the monster he used to be.
His extremely stubborn.
I've complained to his elder brother before but it okay made things worse.
He said I reported him. That do I think anyone can talk to him....

Last week we went to the embassy but we were denied visa because we ain't wedded yet.
He blamed me for it. Said I'm bad luck. I told him it's because we ain't t wedded and we should have done court like I suggested before.
He threatened to slap me so I kept quiet.

On our way back my flight was canceled but his wasn't. Cos we live in different states.
I had to take a bus back cos of work whilst he flew back.

My journey lasted for almost 12 hrs.
He didn't call me to know how far and refused to pick his calls.
my battery ran down and my parents and his where worried and kept calling me but I couldn't be reached.
My parents and his kept calling him but he didn't pick their calls.
Till now he hasn't returned my parents or any of my siblings calls.

I got home at 11pm that day.
my hubby hasn't called me till date and doesn't even pick my calls.

I sent him a message on whatsapp telling him I've not gone to work for two days cos of my health.
He replied telling me not to show up at his door without a week notice.
Right now I'm fed up.
I don't want to do the wedding or get more yoked to him in any legal way.
I just want to have my baby and take care of it.

I don't know what else to do.

Wapu, how are u now dear? Have u put to bed? Kindly send me a private message. Facebook name Ken xandra
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
@ hispinkolo , Bryan, godmystrength, pickabeau , bellong , bukatyne
AM still trying to remember my fellow counsellors names oo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
snazzylove:
@ hispinkolo , Bryan, godmystrength, pickabeau , bellong , bukatyne
AM still trying to remember my fellow counsellors names oo cheesy cheesy

Happy new years oooooooooooo.

How are you and family?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bukatyne(f): 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
Godmystrength:
lol. Your eyes are not deceiving you.

Many things happened my dear but God is good

Missed you all kiss kiss kiss kiss

Where is aisha2?

Thank God.

Aisha has long deactivated.

Happy new year.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
bukatyne:

Happy new years oooooooooooo.

How are you and family?

Happy new year dearie.
Am fine oo and family is awesome.

How are you and yours?
I missed you guys oo.
Like godmystrength said, a lot happened. But it's well jare.
We are still standing strong.
Add me up on FB pls Ken xandra is d name
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bellong: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
@Snazzylove,

How are you? Quite an age..

@Bukatyne,

Happy new years... It's been a long long time.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
bellong:
@Snazzylove,

How are you? Quite an age..

@Bukatyne,

Happy new years... It's been a long long time.
Hi bellong! Am gud. Yeah, bin a long while. It's a long story jare.
How are u doing?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bellong: 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
snazzylove:

Hi bellong! Am gud. Yeah, bin a long while. It's a long story jare.
How are u doing?

Doing well by His grace sis... Long story can be summarized or shared in installment... cheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 01, 2017
snazzylove:

Wapu, how are u now dear? Have u put to bed? Kindly send me a private message. Facebook name Ken xandra

Yes I have.
I have a beautiful baby girl now.
Things haven't changed with her dad though but I'm okay and happy.

I've been on my own all these while so I don't need him anymore.
I'm too young to die of HBP.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 10:31am On Mar 01, 2017
wapu:

Yes I have.
I have a beautiful baby girl now.
Things haven't changed with her dad though but I'm okay and happy.

I've been on my own all these while so I don't need him anymore.
I'm too young to die of HBP.

Good to hear sis. Happy for you.
Pls do take care of urself and baby too.

Kisses to baby
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2017
bellong:

Doing well by His grace sis... Long story can be summarized or shared in installment... cheesy

grin grin grin
You are right!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmyystrength: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
wawu...... such a long time

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by diamazing(f): 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
I miss this thread.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by 1wunmi: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
To become a great man is not a day job . Makes urself happy with ? Check out the secret from our blogs

https://araromi1..com/?m=1
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by diamazing(f): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
I miss this trend
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by afribabe: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
pickabeau1:
nice thread

real issues here

snazzy

Hubby has 75 percent of the issue
Since he is not stepping up. dont get yourself worked up
Live in peace with her and help her as much as you can during her pregnancy and birth (sister to sister) so tha your conscience will be clear
You dont want them to label you grin

How are you doing sir... Thought about you today and decided to say hello. Take care and stay safe

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.