Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? (1212 Views)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Ladiea, Does This Action Hurt You Or Eat You Up? / A Spouse Who Cheated Or One Who Lied About Money - Who Would Hurt You More? (2) (3) (4)

When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Imagine the scenario: There is this person who once hurt you emotionally in the past and whom you had lost contact. After a long time, maybe a few years, this same person reappear in your life. What would your reaction be?
Is avoidance a way out? Should you take it that what happened never happened before and start afresh with this person as a friend? Or do you accept this person as a friend as of now and wait for a chance to seek revenge? There are many more possibilities you could think of, but what would you do and why?

PS- That Person Showed Up Today In My Life.
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Archildao: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dear it is Hurt not Hurted.Forgive and move on.
#MHO

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
Archildao: Dear it is Hurt not Hurted.Forgive and move on.
#MHO

Corrected! Thanks!

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Jman06(m): 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
I'd take my pound of flesh. Revenge is sweet!

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Archildao: 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
1AngryBird:

Corrected! Thanks!
u'welcome!
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by vikel2104: 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
Unless you want to lose some years of your life by travelling back to the past to reopen and nurse your hurt. If not, forgive the person and move on. If the person is penitent for his/her past behaviour, forgive but even if he/she isn't, leave the person to his/her conscience. Revenge is not sweet as people think. It doesn't change anything. It may be hard but for your own sake, let it go.

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Tallesty1(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
I think the best revenge is to make him/her your friend so that he/she will be seeing how good you are without them.

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
as she APPEAR...i DIS-APPEAR...wen she disappears...i appear ....simple as ABC...smiles...
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by cococandy(f): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
Tallesty1: I think the best revenge is to make him/her your friend so that he/she will be seeing how good you are without them.
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by baby124: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2014
Please run for your life and be glad your survived. Don't even try to find closure and understand them. A lot of people are running around unstable and without medication. This makes them treat good people badly. Cut your loses and preserve your heart for someone who deserves it.

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 18, 2014
Keep your distance and never hold grudge nor seek revenge ...

If he need your help , help from distance and never allow the closeness again such that your emotions will be toyed with !!

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 18, 2014
baby124: Please run for your life and be glad your survived. Don't even try to find closure and understand them. A lot of people are running around unstable and without medication. This makes them treat good people badly. Cut your loses and preserve your heart for someone who deserves it.

True talk. When someone shows you who they are the first time, Believe them.

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Godmystrength: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2014
I will forgive the person and move on but i will never put myself in a situation where he/she will be able to hurt me again.
I will still be friend with the person but not on a person level. I find it difficult to reconnect with long lost friends how much more a friend that hurt me (you never know what has happened during that time you were disconnected).

My mum use to say that if her friend accuses her of stealing meat from her pot of soup she will forgive the person but might not forget. By forgiving her, it means that she won't stop visiting her as usual and by not forgetting, it means that she will never go near her kitchen not to talk of even coming in contact with her pot of soup.

so @OP- forgive your friend but be very wise when dealing with him/her

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Inosenduatall: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2014
baby124: Please run for your life and be glad your survived. Don't even try to find closure and understand them. A lot of people are running around unstable and without medication. This makes them treat good people badly. Cut your loses and preserve your heart for someone who deserves it.

This!

In my own case I was trying to find some sort of closure, only to find out that the said person was a narcissisticic, mentally unstable person sent to make me more confused than she left me o. Na so I reconfigure my default settings, applied that block feature, stopped picking her calls and now I'm back to normal. Phew!

Praise jah somebody!
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
donroxy: Keep your distance and never hold grudge nor seek revenge ...

If he need your help , help from distance and never allow the closeness again such that your emotions will be toyed with !!

As much as I want revenge, I think your advice is worth a try.
The thing is, she's desperately trying to get close again. She wants our ‘friendship back’. So I say No and withdraw away?

Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by tpia1: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
patrickdarlins: as she APPEAR...i DIS-APPEAR...wen she disappears...i appear ....simple as ABC...smiles...

simple.

if only people stopped complicating their lives.
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
tpia1:

simple.

if only people stopped complicating their lives.
lols...ur respons eh...i don laff tire
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
1AngryBird: Imagine the scenario: There is this person who once hurted you emotionally in the past and whom you had lost contact. After a long time, maybe a few years, this same person reappear in your life. What would your reaction be?
Is avoidance a way out? Should you take it that what happened never happened before and start afresh with this person as a friend? Or do you accept this person as a friend as of now and wait for a chance to seek revenge? There are many more possibilities you could think of, but what would you do and why?

PS- That Person Showed Up Today In My Life.

Such person will be kept where he belongs. The past. No friend, no revenge. Some people never change, might come back hurting you more.
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
Perhaps we who obey the bible should have no problem with this. Forgive, forget and move on. cheesy
Re: When Someone Who Once Hurt You Reappear, What Would You Do? by Charles4075(m): 1:03am On Jul 19, 2014
I don't see any case there.. If she's is asking for a re-union and your answer is No and she persists, take her to a cliff, tie a cloth to blindfold her by pretending to surprise her and give her the biggest surprise of her life by pushing her off the cliff.. Case closed. No hard feelings..

Female Children My Desire / What'll B Ur Reactions When U See A Group Of Soldier Men Beating Up Ur Bro\sis / Help Me Woo This Moniker

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104