Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,494 members, 7,801,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC (9363 Views)

Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / Governor's Brother Is State University VC: Only In Nigeria / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
The Management of Babcock University has
taken its stand on the mode of dressing in the
University and the decision not to introduce meat
in their meals and there’s no reversing it.

Babcock is owned by The Seventh Day Adventist
Church and the abhor meat consumption for its
members.
The Vice-President (VP) of the university, Prof
Iheanyichukwu Okoro while speaking with The
Nation said meat diet exposes people to cancer,
and other diseases and above all, shortens life.
He said the church felt it should introduce
vegetarianism in all its institutions because the
church has adopted vegetarian diet officially,
therefore its institutions also must follow suit.
“The seventh Day Adventist Church, owners of
Babcock, is not just only concerned about the
spiritual well being of people but the physical and
it has been shown without doubt in all scientific
literature that vegetarian diet is superior to any
meat diet. I can tell you with the vegetarian diet
that they are taking, they look healthier than
when they go home, ” he said.
According to Okoro, members of the church are
allowed to eat only ‘clean meat’ in accordance
with Biblical injunction. “They are not allowed to
eat pork, dog, camel or vulture meat because
they are unclean meat" he said.
Okoro while reacting to complaints made by the
students said the management understands their
point of view because that is what they eat in
their homes saying: “But ask them if they are not
healthier with what they eat here than what they
eat at home. If they will not say it, their parents
say it all the time,” Okoro added.
Speaking on their mode of dressing in Babock
University he said:
“Students generally like to do whatever they want,
but this is a Christian institution. We believe in
modesty in everything we are doing. If you look at
a Muslim woman, she believes her body must not
be expose, so she dressed decently. What the
church is saying is dress well, not expose parts of
your body that should not be exposed. Don’t
expose parts that will stimulate the opposite sex
to rape you. Both for boys and girls we want
decent dressing.”
In Babcock University, the female students are not
allowed to wear trousers, provocative, see-
through dresses amongst others.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Agimor(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
If you can't abide by the rules and regulations you better quite.but Op where is the source?

4 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
thats your own theory mr babcock...i eat meat...am fresh and kporkish....dont say what u dont know about MEAT.....eat ur fish and leav us alone with our meat...lols

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Mayour11(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
if u like eat crocodile, na u sabi.
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Dopefiend(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hail Babcock, God's own university.......

2 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Dominionng(m): 4:00am On Jul 18, 2014
kestolove95: Simply put...wear hijab simple,even virgin mary rock hijab.....very soon u will sae jesus is God same people will sae. His d son of God..christain lacks the knowledge of bibble..even muslim practice xtainity More dan xtain dem selfs#gbam

..and your 'Ingrish'... undecided

10 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by chacoonder(m): 5:04am On Jul 18, 2014
kestolove95: Simply put...wear hijab simple,even virgin mary rock hijab.....very soon u will sae jesus is God same people will sae. His d son of God..christain lacks the knowledge of bibble..even muslim practice xtainity More dan xtain dem selfs#gbam
what has this got to do with the topic for Christ sake?.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by succyreal(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2014
SOME DISEASES RELATED TO MEAT
CONSUMPTION / PRODUCTION
Swine flu
Blue tongue disease
E. coli
Salmonella
Bird flu
Mad cow disease
Pig's disease (PMWS)
Listeriosis
Shellfish poisoning
Pre-eclampsia
SOME OF THE COSTS OF MEAT EATING:
HEART DISEASE
Over 17 million lives lost globally each year
Cost of cardiovascular disease is at least US$1
trillion a year
CANCER
Over 1 million new colon cancer patients
diagnosed each year
More than 600,000 colon cancer-related mortalities
annually
In the United States alone, colon cancer treatment
costs about US$6.5 billion.
Millions of people are newly diagnosed with other
meat-related cancers every year.
DIABETES
246 million people are affected worldwide
An estimated US$174 billion spent each year on
treatment.
OBESITY
Worldwide 1.6 billion adults are overweight with
400 million more who are obese
Costs US$93 billion each year for medical
expenses in the United States alone.
At least 2.6 million people die annually from
problems related to being overweight or obese
ENVIRONMENTAL
Use up to 70% of clean water
Pollute most of the water bodies
Deforest the lungs of the Earth
Uses up to 43% of the world's cereal
Uses up to 85% of the world's soy
Cause world hunger & wars
80% cause of global warming
PLUS MORE…

2 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by priscaoge(f): 6:56am On Jul 18, 2014
I can tell you with the vegetarian diet
that they are taking, they look healthier than
when they go home, ” he said.

shocked shocked Says who Were they "Malnutritioned" when they gained admission into the school Biko Oga no place like homeundecidedundecidedundecided Is it not better U tell us that U guys wanna honour d Founder of BU who happens to be a Vegetarian instead of all these long grammar #Smhundecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Medunah: 7:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Hmm, too many rules, i wont be suprised if the students are asked to start wearing uniform 2mao

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by coolguyone(m): 7:27am On Jul 18, 2014
patrickdarlins: thats your own theory mr babcock...i eat meat...am fresh and kporkish....dont say what u dont know about MEAT.....eat ur fish and leav us alone with our meat...lols
nawa 4 u oo guy hw u wan take learn self dem dey teach u hw to live a holy life n b healthy u dey talk another tin
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 18, 2014
coolguyone: nawa 4 u oo guy hw u wan take learn self dem dey teach u hw to live a holy life n b healthy u dey talk another tin
u are talking bullshit....arant nonsenx....y would sumbody be teaching me how to b holly by restraining me from eat meat...saying dey are unclean... abi u no fet senx to read weting dem ryt dere...idi.ot...
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by succyreal(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Be vegetarian
Go on organic Vegan Diet
And save your life

2 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Dopefiend(m): 9:14am On Jul 18, 2014
Medunah: Hmm, too many rules, i wont be suprised if the students are asked to start wearing uniform 2mao

Wearing uniform can never happen in Babcock. The school happens to be one of the most sociable private christian university in Nigeria.

patrickdarlins: u are talking bullshit....arant nonsenx....y would sumbody be teaching me how to b holly by restraining me from eat meat...saying dey are unclean... abi u no fet senx to read weting dem ryt dere...idi.ot...

U kidding me? Did you even read d post at all? you're allowed to eat meat, only that the school mgt won't give u meat. Didn't u read this? Smh

According to Okoro, members of the church are
allowed to eat only ‘clean meat’ in accordance
with Biblical injunction. “They are not allowed to
eat pork, dog, camel or vulture meat because
they are unclean meat" he said.

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by obioraval(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Ok. We have heard
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by izecalose(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2014
You writing shit nigga
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by robinhoodd2(m): 9:20am On Jul 18, 2014
this part got me...
... We believe in
modesty in everything we are doing. If you look at
a Muslim woman, she believes her body must not
be expose, so she dressed decently.

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2014
A life without flesh is not worth living
Flesh is very good, it prolongs you life and makes you fresh.
I eat at least a kilo of assorted flesh(both animal and plant and seafood) everyday. Do I look sick?
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by NickiRoman: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2014
Wtf!What kinda university tells you how to live your life..Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by succyreal(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2014
Vegetarianism The Noble Way of Living

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Krasid(m): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2014
NickiRoman: Wtf!What kinda university tells you how to live your life..Na wa ooo
You are free to eat meat, but won't be given meat by the management as long as you are inside the school.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by fr3do(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
I hate when people try to justify religious dogma with scientific jargon!
you guys don't do meat, fine! let it end there!
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by fr3do(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Meat eating means high intake of nutrients.
When you eat meat, you are absorbing the nutrients the animal took time grazing and eating for.
Meat eating is just convenient!
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by AndreB: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
This is as a result of a long vegetarian diet of indian hemp..
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
they say red meat is bad, but i have never seen a sick lion

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Lero15(m): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
It's too much of anything that is not good...
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by WildChild00(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
krall: A life without flesh is not worth living
Flesh is very good, it prolongs you life and makes you fresh.
I eat at least a kilo of assorted flesh(both animal and plant and seafood) everyday. Do I look sick?

If you say so! Only time will tell
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by wheesin(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
vegetarianism a system of government where those u lead are turned to sea animals..

just because the owner is a vege..doesnt mean the whole school should become one...total dictatorship angry
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by kekilika: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Talk Normal... like you've never missed your drugs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do FUD Have The Best Hostel In Nigeria? (Pics) / B.sc Vs B.tech / Few Pics From Unimaid(greatest Maidites)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.