Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson (10653 Views)

Make Money In Nigeria's Investment Sector Using Warren Buffet's Formula / Nigeria Is The Next Oil And Gas Investment Destination / Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by pmonni(m): 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Tamuno Briggs
The Bayelsa State Governor Hon Henry Seriake Dickson has described Bayelsa State as Nigeria’s best-kept secret and investment destination.
The Governor made this remark in London at the official opening ceremony of the Bayelsa Development and Investment Corporation (BDIC) International office in London.
According to Governor Dickson, BDIC’s London office is principally intended to compliment the efforts of the Nigerian High Commission in the United Kingdom by promoting the trade and investment potentials of Bayelsa State and Nigeria.
The Governor remarked, “this office shall be the International headquarters of the corporation and shall deepen and strengthen our collective resolve as a government and as a people to promote wealth and prosperity in the state”.
The Bayelsa State Chief Executive stated that, his administration’s strategic vision is to attract the private sector, both within and outside the country to open businesses in the state, in order to create job opportunities as well as create alternative sources of revenue for the State.
He noted that “government would provide the enabling environment for the private sector, which has the capacity to grow the economy and create job opportunities in the state”.
Stressing the importance of the event, Hon. Dickson explained that, the opening of the BDIC International office as well as the upcoming Bayelsa Economic and Investment Forum scheduled to hold between 16th and 18th of July, 2014 in Yenagoa, are to underscore the fact, that Bayelsa State is safe and secure for investment.
Governor Seriake Dickson noted with delight that, with the opening of the London office, the State was making a bold statement to the world at large and the investing public that, it is ready for business and eager to promote the excellent bilateral relationship relations with Britain and the commonwealth at large.
He used the occasion to disclose that, the BDIC office would also open an Education desk to assist the large number of Bayelsa students, who are presently on scholarship in various institutions of higher learning in the UK.
In his remarks, the Special Guest of Honour and Nigeria’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Dr Dalhatu Tafida commended the Bayelsa State Government for the bold initiative in opening an office in the UK, noting that, Bayelsa State is one of the youngest and smallest states in Nigeria, but one of the most enterprising in the Country.
He stated that, the event marked the first time a state in Nigeria has opened such an office in the UK and pledged the full support and assistance of the High Commission.
Also speaking, the special guest, Lord Marland of Odstock, who is also the Chairman of the Commonwealth Business Council lauded Governor Henry Seriake Dickson for his initiative and commitment to attract investors to the state and pledged the Commonwealth Business Council’s resolve to compliment the efforts of the state at stimulating Foreign Direct Investment and to diversify the economy from oil and gas.
The well-attended event had in attendance members of the diplomatic community, business leaders, including the Chairman of Westminster Business Group, Mr. Lawrence Robertson.
A high powered delegation from the state was also present including King Alfried Diete-Spiff, the first Military Governor of the old Rivers State and Amanayabo of Twon Brass, Chief Timi Alaibe, former MD of NDDC, Major Lancelot Ayanya, Chairman National Oil Spill and Response Agency, Bar Kamela Okara, Commissioner for Trade and Investment, Tam Alazigha Deputy Managing Director of BDIC, Barrister Funkazi Koroye –Crooks, Secretary, BDIC /London office, Cyril Akika Special Adviser to the Bayelsa State Governor on Investment, amongst others.

Source: http://www.advocateng.com/bayelsa-is-nigerias-investment-destination-secret-dickson/
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Blockus: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2014
Big Lie.

The guy just opened the London front for his money Laundering schemes to thrive.

#Fhuck Dickson & Jonathan.

13 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2014
I DISAGREE.BAYELSA STATE HAS SOMETHING CALLED OIL.MANY OF THE RICH AND DEVELOPED ARAB NATIONS ARE SO BECUZ OF OIL.BUT WHAT HAS BAYELSA DONE SO FAR WITH IT.

IT TAKES MORE THAN HAVING NATURAL RESOURCES TO BE A INVESTOR'S PARADISE.U NEED
1) GOOD GOVERNANCE
2)A LARGE POPULATION
3)THE POPULATION MUST HAVE A LARGE MIDDLE CLASS PERCENTAGE.
4)THE BUISNESS ENVIRONMENT MUST BE FRIENDLY TO OUTSIDERS\FOREIGNERS.

WHEN BAYELSA HAS ALL THIS.I WILL AGREE.BUT A GOOD WAY TO START IS WITH GOOD GOVERNANCEwinkTHIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.AND BAYELSA HAS LACKED THIS FOR SEVERAL YEARSsad

12 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by macpetrus(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by experimentist: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2014
4rd to comment...... Almighty God bless you abundantly in every way. Click like to say Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by saasala(m): 8:43am On Jul 18, 2014
The lord knows I dont believe this.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Saint52(m): 8:43am On Jul 18, 2014
Space booked..brb
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by kekakuz(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2014
all the way
this guys are getting smarter
the police need to get smartest

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Afrocatalyst: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2014
They all say that!
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by fanficgirl(f): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2014
Wow, I made first page, Thank you Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by satowind(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2014
Ok make I hide pass. Who saw me?

Investment or no investment all politicians are thieves. Whether pdp or apc and should not be trusted.

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by kekakuz(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=fanficgirl]That looks uninviting to read, with all the paragraphs clustered togethe
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Benedict44(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2014
and so wat. does it stop boko boys 4rm killing people or does it stop nigeriaa 4rm been a terrorist country
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by fanficgirl(f): 8:48am On Jul 18, 2014
kekakuz:
now wey the thing don involve your people,its suddenly hard to read
nvm I don't know what I saw, my mistake.
My people??
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by BrAkingNews: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2014
ok

More photos from Jude Okoye and Ifeoma Umeokeke's wedding
>>> http://www./entertainment/photos-from-jude-okoye-and-ifeoma-umeokekes-wedding/
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by ossaisly(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2014
Hope he is not using that avenue to acquire properties over there? #justasking angry
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Youpele52: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2014
I read few lines, then I jumped and started reading comments. Like if you did same.

22 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by publicenemy(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2014
Investment destinaton indeed.

Abi no be that state them kidnap President uncle abi na im brother?

Nigeria as a whole is an investment nightmare

Tackle insecurity and power problems and then..

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by rozayx5(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2014
heard prices of things are high in Yenagoa

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by kel4soft: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2014
Gov. Seriake Dickson, please do all you can to make your state great.

Thank God you have started realising that you area a Governor not a steward to Mama Peace.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2014
Let me read first.

Owk,nice,splendid and...
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by sylve11: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2014
dhammyg: I DISAGREE.BAYELSA STATE HAS SOMETHING CALLED OIL.MANY OF THE RICH AND DEVELOPED ARAB NATIONS ARE SO BECUZ OF OIL.BUT WHAT HAS BAYELSA DONE SO FAR WITH IT.

IT TAKES MORE THAN HAVING NATURAL RESOURCES TO BE A INVESTOR'S PARADISE.U NEED
1) GOOD GOVERNANCE
2)A LARGE POPULATION
3)THE POPULATION MUST HAVE A LARGE MIDDLE CLASS PERCENTAGE.
4)THE BUISNESS ENVIRONMENT MUST BE FRIENDLY TO OUTSIDERS\FOREIGNERS.

WHEN BAYELSA HAS ALL THIS.I WILL AGREE.BUT A GOOD WAY TO START IS WITH GOOD GOVERNANCEwinkTHIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.AND BAYELSA HAS LACKED THIS FOR SEVERAL YEARSsad

True! cool

rozayx5: heard prices of things are high in Yenagoa

Very high. cool
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by emaboi(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2014
Packing my loads, Bayelsa on ma mind
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by shadowwalker101: 9:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by UjSizzle(f): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Bayelsa has to be the worst state I ever walked into.
Their infrastructural development is really poor. Wealth distribution is nothing to write home about. Standard and cost of living in Yenegoa sucks big time. And their government? The government is the worst thing to have happened to that village state.
Bayelsa is in need of deliverance from the clutches of bad governance undecided

The only thing I can see Bayelsa boast of is hotels (hear Mama Peace owns most of them) and prostitutes.

16 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Horlawoomey(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2014
DICK head can Launder as much as he can once he is in PDP and doesn't have problem with Oga at the top.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 18, 2014
experimentist: 4rd to comment...... Almighty God bless you abundantly in every way. Click like to say Amen!
Bro,, you need Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2014
why do our politicians bandy silly words arounds?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 18, 2014
Youpele52: I read few lines, then I jumped and started reading comments. Like if you did same.
you try sef. the headline was enough to make me angry

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Sibrah: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2014
Let me guess . .. . all the investments there are Underground pipes . . . or how do we explain the relative emptiness of that place from the time of Alams up till now?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Prowizy2(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2014
fanficgirl:
Wow, I made first page, Thank you Jesus!

Hugs her from the back, my hands stretched to the front.

What a great feeling.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by meryl4merit(f): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2014
UjSizzle: Bayelsa has to be the worst state I ever walked into.
Their infrastructural development is really poor. Wealth distribution is nothing to write home about. Standard and cost of living in Yenegoa sucks big time. And their government? The government is the worst thing to have happened to that village state.
Bayelsa is in need of deliverance from the clutches of bad governance undecided

The only thing I can see Bayelsa boast of is hotels (hear Mama Peace owns most of them) and prostitutes.
Miss make ur comment without insult.... its a developing teenage state.... And u cnt call us prostitutes, its everywhere for ur info, if u don't hv anyfin gud to say shut up.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPCL, Partner Begin Oil Production At OML 85, Target 20,000BPD / Opportunities In Foodstuff Export For Nigerians; Get Genuine Buyers Abroad / Wrong Attitudes That Undermine Your Chances Of Success In Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.