Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,795 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? (4490 Views)

When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't / Why Don't I Have A Boyfriend / I Don't Have Feelings For Boyz Again, But Im Nat A Lez Oooooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by babystathopoulos: 2:20am On Jul 18, 2014
I am almost in my last 20s, I met this guy who is in is mid 30s. I have known him about 3 months and he calls me all the time but seldomly call him, even sometimes I don't pick his call. The guy is tall and not bad looking at all and has a good job, he stopped calling for awhile, then I called after a week to know how he was doing, then he told me I am unfair cos I don't care about his feelings for me. I was confused because we ve gone for a casual date once and he has never made his intentions known although he has tried so many times for us to meet again but I gave him one excuse to the other.
The thing is am struggling within me cos I really want to give him an opportunity for a relationship and I don't want to be tagged as being 'choosy' but the natural desire for him is not there at all.
Another thing is am trying to make him "just a friend" for now but he said he wants a closer relationship.
If I say yes to him, and all things remain the same and I met someone I have feelings for, what am I going to do then? ( I don't want to have a record of breaking a guy's heart intentionally) and
If I say no to him, he would definitely insist I give him a chance(he is very persistent) and I can't tell him how I truly feels about him
I have been trying to avoid giving him an answer but soon I know I wouldn't be able to avoid it
Please I need some good suggestions on what I should do.

NB; I don't ask or collect things from him except when he sends credit to my phone
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by pasqal09: 2:29am On Jul 18, 2014
You're not just into him
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by onome710(m): 2:45am On Jul 18, 2014
Just tell him exactly how it is. Truth hurts but he'll appreciate your honesty and with time you'll be happy you didn't lie to him.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by mstik(f): 3:05am On Jul 18, 2014
word
onome710: Just tell him exactly how it is. Truth hurts but he'll appreciate your honesty and with time you'll be happy you didn't lie to him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by mencade5(m): 3:43am On Jul 18, 2014
when next you meet him tell him no you dobt want him.
If he insists you too insist and say no to him.
If he is adamant you too be adamant and still tell him no.

As for that credit, once he text it to you, please text it back to him that you dont want. If it is credit transfer, transfer it back to him.

As long as you dont like then dont collect anything from him, not this''he sometimes sends credit to me''.

Do this so that you wont waste his time. Afterall you ladies dont like it when men waste your time.

18 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:17am On Jul 18, 2014
mencade5: when next you meet him tell him no you dobt want him.

As for that credit, once he text it to you, please text it back to him that you dont want. If it is credit transfer, transfer it back to him.

As long as you dont like then dont collect anything from him, not this''he sometimes sends credit to me''.

Do this so that you wont waste his time. Afterall you ladies dont like it when men waste your time.

Perfect .....E.O.D

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by pendusky(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2014
okay
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by davno: 7:04am On Jul 18, 2014
If u don't want him pls move on and don't contact him anymore. How can u just stay and be planning to "friendzone" a full grown man? That's evil.
Abeg keep off!

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Coldfaya(m): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2014

Who's this guy?? U shall live long. Any other action outside this shows OP is confused. What u don't want u reject immediately. No 2 ways about it. Abi nor b so?

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by mencade5(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Coldfaya:

Who's this guy?? U shall live long. Any other action outside this shows OP is confused. What u don't want u reject immediately. No 2 ways about it. Abi nor b so?
my brother na sooo. God bless you. Many naija ladies thinks they are smart. Well done sir

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by mencade5(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Perfect .....E.O.D
boss well done
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by ITbomb(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2014
I'm still trying to understand the chemical reactions that makes a girl fall for a guy. Something I don't think is much present in a guy.

You are over 25, you meet a guy, nice looking with a job and is caring, you say you have no feelings (but you are collecting gifts and recharge cards from him) , then a jerk would come around with sweet talks and you would be drooling to it, after a month of sex, he is tired and moving on to the next victim while you cry "all men are the same".
Are we seriously discussing this?

14 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Gbade60: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2014
One word for op. Pls dnt marry or date any1 out of pity!!!!!
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by MizMyColi(f): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2014
Its not advisable to coerce yourself into liking someone. Don't be scared of the ticking biological clock.....all things being equal you'll meet your man soon enough #Word

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Tymax(m): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2014

1 Billion likes!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Tymax(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2014
davno: If u don't want him pls move on and don't contact him anymore. How can u just stay and be planning to "friendzone" a full grown man? That's evil.
Abeg keep off!
Another 1 Billion likes grin

So you noticed too she was setting him up for Friend-zone? Ɨƚa..Ɨƚa..Ɨƚa.. Women! SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2014
The guy sends airtime to you yet you don't deem it fit to call him? that's wicked! angry

There's a time in a woman's life to play hard to get and to do shakara to a man. There's also a time to be serious in a relationship and the era of shakaraism should stop. Please give him a chance. Who knows if you might be his missing rib.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by b3llo(m): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2014

You've said it all. Op, just try and follow what this dude said.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 18, 2014
I feel you should not blank him yet sometimes affection builds slowly, go on dates with him get to know him and how you feel when you are with him. Maintain the friendship status so you do not mislead him after all said and done if you still cannot see him as your husband walk away but first open your heart and get to know him.

Next date, babe, give both yourselves a chance him to know you and you to know him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2014
Dating this guy is a 50/50 thing. But i will advise you give it a try before you rule him out.
My first relationship started more like this, i reluctantly gave it a try and it turned out successful.
Feelings grow though i must warn you that it doesnt work the same way for all. My frnd reluctantly went into hers but it didnt work. I feel it has a lot to do with how lively the person is. And you can't know all this without getting closer.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by laplace12(m): 10:55am On Jul 18, 2014
MizMyColi: Its not advisable to coerce yourself into liking someone. Don't be scared of the ticking biological clock.....all things being equal you'll meet your man soon enough #Word
Are u serious?
Not be scared of ticking biological clock and depreciating market value at 25?
Can you recommend this advice for yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by babystathopoulos: 10:57am On Jul 18, 2014

He has tried offering gift or send money but I do refuse, the last time he sent me credit, I told him I didn't want it,he said he was going to feel bad if I reject it that it's goodwill.
I am a woman with a big heart and a conscience, I don't take advantage of anybody especially the good ones.
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by MizMyColi(f): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2014
I am almost in my last 20s,
When a lady specifies her age (sort of) when talking about such issue, then more oft, it means she's becoming subconsciously worried. Also, if she were 25, or 26 even, it'd be "mid 20s"___ don't you think? wink
laplace12:
Are u serious?
Not be scared of ticking biological clock and depreciating market value at 25?
Can you recommend this advice for yourself?
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by babystathopoulos: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2014
Coldfaya:

Ofcourse I am confused that's why I am here. Reject immediately? Yeah, but that is like judging a book by it's cover that why some say I should give him a chance.

There was one time he called and said why I am prosponing anytime he wants us to see, he said he dreamt I met another guy recently and got engaged. He said he hopes it doesn't happen in reality cos he would feel bad cos he met me first and I didn't give him a chance.

As I said if I say no, just as some say here; I dey do shakara when my biological clock is ticking but I don't want to be with him out of convenience or pity-Never.
And if I give him a try as some Nlers suggested and it all turns out good, he is my missing rib -Perfect but WHAT IF
The what-if that scares me too cos I will feel awful if I hurt him at that point

Thanks @ll for your contributions so far
Chai, it's so hard to decide
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by pasqal09: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2014
If your true wish is not to be with him, just tell him no and move on to other things. What's all the fuss about?
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by PraizHim: 11:54am On Jul 18, 2014
ITbomb: I'm still trying to understand the chemical reactions that makes a girl fall for a guy. Something I don't think is much present in a guy.

You are over 25, you meet a guy, nice looking with a job and is caring, you say you have no feelings (but you are collecting gifts and recharge cards from him) , then a jerk would come around with sweet talks and you would be drooling to it, after a month of sex, he is tired and moving on to the next victim while you cry "all men are the same".
Are we seriously discussing this?

you said it my broda.
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Summersland(m): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
Enheeeen,so u're mugu me since all dis while....Return all my credit card i sent 2 u kia kiaaaa
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by Davidolives(m): 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=babystathopoulos]I am almost in my last 20s, I met this guy who is in is mid 30s. I have known him about 3 months and he calls me all the time but seldomly call him, even sometimes I don't pick his call. The guy is tall and not bad looking at all and has a good job, he stopped calling for awhile, then I called after a week to know how he was doing, then he told me I am unfair cos I don't care about his feelings for me. I was confused because we ve gone for a casual date once and he has never made his intentions known although he has tried so many times for us to meet again but I gave him one excuse to the other.
The thing is am struggling within me cos I really want to give him an opportunity for a relationship and I don't want to be tagged as being 'choosy' but the natural desire for him is not there at all.
Another thing is am trying to make him "just a friend" for now but he said he wants a closer relationship.
If I say yes to him, and all things remain the same and I met someone I have feelings for, what am I going to do then? ( I don't want to have a record of breaking a guy's heart intentionally) and
If I say no to him, he would definitely insist I give him a chance(he is very persistent) and I can't tell him how I truly feels about him
I have been trying to avoid giving him an answer but soon I know I wouldn't be able to avoid it
Please I need some good suggestions on what I should do.

NB; I don't ask or collect things from him except when he sends credit to my phone[/quote guys don't like to b friend zoned especially wen they have feelings. If there is no feeling pls take a bow
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Them dey do you from village

1 Like

Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by heatmeup(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA: Them dey do you from village
very funny angry is it bad for her to express herself
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by rigarmortis: 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
babystathopoulos:
He has tried offering gift or send money but I do refuse, the last time he sent me credit, I told him I didn't want it,he said he was going to feel bad if I reject it that it's goodwill.
I am a woman with a big heart and a conscience, I don't take advantage of anybody especially the good ones.

you are a woman with a big heart abi?

soon you will be walking around with a big broken heart, black n blue eyes and a gap tooth smile.

better follow mencade5 s advice
Re: Why Don't I Have Feelings For Him? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
heatmeup: very funny angry is it bad for her to express herself
the fact that she carry the guy matter come nl shows she feels something for him. She's in a state of denial

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Do Not Work in A Cybercafe, naijainfogalery Lied Against Me / Photos :: “I Have The Hottest B * Tt And Bo@bs On This Planet” – Russian Model / Old Man Rock Slay Queen Twerking For Him Vigorously (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.