Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? (715 Views)

Do Nigerians Really Know The Real Meaning Of The Word "Sigh"? / Do Nigerians Read/Buy Comic Books? / Do Nigerians Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? by doublekay: 12:40am On Jul 19, 2014
een writing for a while and selling on amazon and kobo mostly to americans and people from the uk. I am planning on doing a new work and my target market is nigerians. I have gotten quite a no of discouraging notes from both family and friends all maintaining the stance that no nigerian can pay to buy a book on the internet. Whereas their is google and lots of free source of information online.
They also pointed out that nigerians don't like reading so it will be hard to see people that will be ready to spend to acquire a book on healthy living.

Will really like to know your stance on this, are nigerians really not into ebooks and what is the way around it.thanks
Re: Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? by Illuminatus(m): 12:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Some Nigerians read. We read eBooks, too. The lot of us just wanna do it for free, or for a relatively small amount.
Re: Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? by doublekay: 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Illuminatus: Some Nigerians read. We read eBooks, too. The lot of us just wanna do it for free, or for a relatively small amount.
thanks

at least I have seen someone with a contrary opinion

1 Like

Re: Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? by moneyallowed(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2014
Nigerians are really into ebooks now, due in no small way to the rise of smartphones. Majority of them are free though, i'm estimating only 1 in 10 ebooks are paid for. qe only buy when there's no other alternative, at least I do grin

1 Like

Re: Ebooks, Do Nigerians Really Buy Them ? by Illuminatus(m): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2014
moneyallowed: Nigerians are really into ebooks now, due in no small way to the rise of smartphones. Majority of them are free though, i'm estimating only 1 in 10 ebooks are paid for. qe only buy when there's no other alternative, at least I do grin
Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

A Short Story......... Fantastic Friday / Call For Submissions: Poems Themed On Peace / 10 Things You'll Find In Ladies Handbags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.