Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 (44674 Views)

10 Facts About Farts You Might Not Know / 7 Health Risks Of Child Bearing After Age 35 / Can Ampiclox Be Used To Prevent Pregnancy After Unprotected Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by BCJAY(f): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
some can be true i had my 3rd attempt at 35 and it was twins
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by folahann(m): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
...and as for men, we can impregnate till we're 70? 74? 81? 86? No, we can till we decide we don't want to
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by condralbede(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.
u sounds as if u r not married yet?
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
condralbede: u sounds as if u r not married yet?

No I'm not. But i have seen older women, mothers, who gave birth in their old age without a CS and their babies were born healthy.

It depends sha, some women hit menopause in their late 40s while others still produce strong and healthy eggs and are strong enough to carry their pregnancies to term.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
pfijacobs: I believe d reason why women are so complicated to us men is becos we we're asleep wen dey were created or wat do u tink?
Hmmmmm
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by amichaelz101(m): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
lonelydora:

I hope he passed his SSCE English language.
looll. Am not sure he did
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by tete7000(m): 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
My mother gave birth to me in her 40s

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by IYANGBALI: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
tete7000: My mother gave birth to me in her 40s
now I know why you behave at times like odoyo
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by tete7000(m): 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
IYANGBALI: now I know why you behave at times like odoyo
Now I know you have serious problem.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by lekzzydo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
LARRYMAN944: Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria advertise
for job regularly, but you are selected only if you
are a registered member, so try to register to
become a TAN ambassador so you can benefit from
their job offers. Click the link to register and learn
more.http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=25287
you be idiot. You dey use unemployment problem created by GEJ to scam people. How will you say TAN has benefit of job offers, when TAN is a campaign group for GEJ.......stop posting TAN registration link as a comment on important thread just because you want to refer to get money.....#joblesshungryman

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
IYANGBALI: baby baby,naija guys have dealt eith you,hahahahahahahahaha

Not the way you think dear. It was just something i observed about some students who are now graduates and married. And by the way, I am no way near 35, still under 25.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
NickiRoman: Where are the 10 facts..Why is everything all jumbled up
I couldn't read it, got confused halfway grin undecided
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by ifetuyi: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
Opytim: @ Op, majority of women would always have the dream to marry before the said age 35 and even have children before then, but where are the men that will marry them? Many men sees marriage as a trap and therefore they have girlfriends, sleep with them, and when they get tired of them after some time, they go for younger ones, having wasted the time of the former. So, the advice should be given majorly to the male gender to marry the ladies on time too.
Hmmmm... That sounds like my kind of lady.. She has experience from books, movies n people bt no personal experience yet. Opytim what's ur name n where @ thou? Here comes ur husband
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by smudge2079(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
My mom had me in her 40s, am a living proof dat all dis ur theories abi na hypothesis are shitbull

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=ifetuyi]
Hmmmm... That sounds like my kind of lady.. She has experience from books, movies n people bt no personal experience yet. Opytim what's ur name n where @ thou? Here comes ur husband[/quote

it is better to watch and learn from other people's mistakes than for one to experience such personally. Atimes, experience may not be the best teacher.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
ifetuyi:
Hmmmm... That sounds like my kind of lady.. She has experience from books, movies n people bt no personal experience yet. Opytim what's ur name n where @ thou? Here comes ur husband
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by ifetuyi: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
Opytim: it is better to watch and learn from other people's mistakes than for one to experience such personally. Atimes, experience may not be the best teacher.

Yeah i can feel that here. I need ur email addy pls
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
ifetuyi:
Yeah i can feel that here. I need ur email addy pls

you can check my profile
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by dady12: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
this science people don come again ooooo abeg make una go produce bomb when go fill kill.boko haram for sambasa forest,make una leave women alone oooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by ifetuyi: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
dady12: this science people don come again ooooo abeg make una go produce bomb when go fill kill.boko haram for sambasa forest,make una leave women alone oooo

Popsie, we r depending on you for the bomb production
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by ifetuyi: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
Opytim:

you can check my profile

Oooooh.... Seems m unable to get it. Oya pls mail me now ifelarry@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by CodeHouse: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: It depends on the woman o. Halle berry had a child in her late 40s, my grand ma had her last child when she was 52, believe it or not. My aunt had her last child at the age of 42 and it was a normal delivery.

God Bless you joor..all diz health issues sef! These things are evolving, ladies have to be careful o with. Whatever they use, cream and all, even consume, make una go read Digital Fortress or so..one of these dan brown books, reveals lots of secrets.
AND
@ Kennygee I think the antidote to the problems listed by @OP lies within your family tree, I am so coming to marry from there grin
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Tosynolebo(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
U mentioned last child ba? Complications arise more if its a primus
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
CodeHouse:

God Bless you joor..all diz health issues sef! These things are evolving, ladies have to be careful o with. Whatever they use, cream and all, even consume, make una go read Digital Fortress or so..one of these down brown books, reveals lots of secrets.
AND
@ Kennygee I think the antidote to the problems listed by @OP lies within your family tree, I am so coming to marry from there grin

Not so fast young man.
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee:

Not so fast young man.

Marry ke....flee beyond Niger river to marry from your yamirin tribe..the damsel has signed a life contract.

CodeHouse:
God Bless you joor..all diz health issues sef! These things are evolving, ladies have to be careful o with. Whatever they use, cream and all, even consume, make una go read Digital Fortress or so..one of these down brown books, reveals lots of secrets.
AND
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by sniperwolf(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
anuma1: There’s a lot of debate over women having babies past the age of 35. However, it’s not that uncommon. In fact, one in 10 babies born to women over 35-years of age are born with zero complications to mom or baby.
However, doctors and midwives take extra precaution with pregnant women over 35 as they can be more susceptible to certain health concerns such as gestational diabetes, miscarriages, and delivering a baby with chromosomal abnormalities (i.e., Down syndrome).
Here are ten facts to keep in mind if you plan to give birth past age 35…
1. Greater Risk of Pregnancy Complications
Women who get pregnant past the age of 35 are more prone to developing certain complications during pregnancy—most commonly gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. However, regular doctor’s appointments and quality prenatal care will help monitor and control both conditions if they arise during pregnancy. 2. Healthy Diet is Vital
A healthy, balanced diet is vital for all pregnant women, regardless of age. Oftentimes, an older woman is more prone to pregnancy weight gain, which can contribute to further complications and energy drain during her pregnancy. But a well-balanced diet (plus prenatal vitamins) that focuses on whole, natural foods and quality proteins should do its part to prevent excess weight and ensure both mom and baby are properly nourished. 3. Risk of Chromosomal Abnormalities
If you’re pregnant past the age of 35-years, your doctor will offer a series of genetic testing to monitor for certain chromosomal abnormalities that increase with older pregnancies. For instance, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), a test performed at 9 to 11 weeks of pregnancy, is 99-percent accurate for detecting Down syndrome and Turner syndrome. 4. Heightened Risk of Miscarriage
It’s no secret that women over the age of 35 suffer higher risk of miscarriages and stillbirths compared to younger women. And risk of miscarriage only increases with age, for instance, while women who are 35-years old have a 20-percent chance of miscarrying; those 45-years or older have a 35-percent risk of miscarrying. 5.Higher Incidence of Twin Births
Older women also often find themselves with a double surprise—twins! It’s a fact that twin births are more common in pregnant women who are 35-years or older. 6.More Cesarean Sections
If you’re 35-years-old or older and pregnant, you have an increased chance of a cesarean section delivery as well. This can be due to the greater likelihood of complications during pregnancy and delivery, including labor issues such as excessive bleeding, prolonged labor (greater than 20 hours), and stalled labor. 7.Drastic Emotional Changes During Pregnancy
Hardly any new mother is quite prepared for the complete life transformation that comes with pregnancy or new motherhood. Hormone fluctuations are almost always the prime source of the emotional rollercoaster of pregnancy. However, the older the woman; the more stress the body will often experience. 8.Egg Quality Declines
As women age, we experience a decline in our fertility, which means we ovulate less regularly or miss the occasional egg release completely. Egg quality begins to wane between age 30 and 40, with genetic egg complications becoming more likely and reducing the chances of conception. 9.It May Take Longer To Conceive
In addition to lowered fertility after the age of 35, there are also more difficulties with timing conception. For instance, where it can take a couple in their 20s just a few months to conceive, couples over 35 often need years to become pregnant. 10.Remember, Every Woman is Different
When it comes down to age and pregnancy, 35 is just a number and every woman’s biological age differs from her number age. While many women have a family history of difficult conception; others will be able to conceive quite easily into their 40s due to stellar diet and regular exercise.

You should have paragraphed it to make skimming easier
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
Dygeasy: Sister Blessing!!!
Sister Nkiru!!!
Sister Bukky!!!

Shey una dey hear? Are you still forming for those brothers? Time don go o.
I didn't see sister aishat?
Abi yerima still doing his work?

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
smartchoice:

Can we meet in person I have people who have deposited some funds..for vehicles..thanks
Re u a learner?
Re: 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35 by CodeHouse: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee:

Not so fast young man.

smiley ˚°◦.
<//>.
_\\_ Aiit, I go with your speed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" / Nkiru Obasi: Survivor Of Lebanon Explosion Calls For Help From Nigeria / Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam. Dont Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.