Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee (34851 Views)

Ideye Brown Makes Ukrainian Newspaper Frontpage Over Two Kids With White Woman / Brown Ideye With His Family (Pictures) / Musa, Ujah, Or Ideye: Who's Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by zieraw2005(m): 7:01am On Jul 19, 2014
The Baggies have gotten the Super Eagles forward from Dynamo Kiev for an undisclosed fee which has been described as the club's record signing

West Bromwich Albion have signed Nigeria forward Brown Ideye for an undisclosed club record fee.

The former Dynamo Kiev man becomes the fifth summer signing of the Baggies and has beat Stephane Sessegnon's 5.5 million pounds record transfer from Sunderland last year.

Ideye, 25, was part of the Nigeria squad that won the Africa Cup of Nations title in South Africa last year. He scored a goal in the semi final 4-1 routing of Mali.

However, he was dropped from the provisional World Cup squad by coach Stephen Keshi in May.

According to West Brom, the striker who will wear number 9 has signed a three year contract with the option of an additional year. He has since passed a medical at the Hawthorns and agreed to personal terms.

Ideye has had stints with Ocean Boys, Neuchatel Xamax, Sochaux and Dynamo Kiev and has played in the Uefa Champions League.

Head coach Alan Irvine said: “Brown is a quality striker and I’m looking forward to working with him.

“He’s a strong, quick, powerful player who likes to get in behind defences and has plenty of Champions League and international experience.”

Technical director Terry Burton added: “When I arrived at Albion the recruitment department flagged Brown up as the man at the top of their wish list.

“It is a fantastic signing because of the quality and the potential of the player.

“I can see that he really wants to be here and that he really wants to be playing in the Premier League.

“He’s a dynamic player who likes to get in behind defenders and he has the pace to do so.

“He gets himself into good scoring positions in the box and if there are opportunities then he will get on the end of them.

“We’re looking forward to seeing him play for the club and scoring goals.”

Even though the exact amount was undisclosed, the Nigerian has become the club's record signing, beating Stephane Sesegnon's 5.5 million pounds transfer from Sunderland last year.
http://m.goal.com/j/en-ng/news/4968031

23 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by EMMASON125: 7:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Wish him goodluck in d epl. God will help him to deliver. Don't know what Mikel is still doing in Chelsea, he serious need to move on and sort out his football carear

24 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by zieraw2005(m): 7:46am On Jul 19, 2014
mikel says he will stay put at chelsea that he likes competition. i got laughed, instead he will say he doesnt want pay cut at inter he is talking shit.
see more info in my blog www.zieraw..com

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2014
This is what we need not Nigerian players playing in top clubs competing against world class players for shirt....That is what helped Osaze, REGULAR FOOTBALL.
Mikel Should just go to Totenham,Newcastle,Everton or Swansea so he would not be benched at all.That will help him develop his speed and football
Like I said
'WE DONT NEED WORLD CLASS PLAYERS TO WIN A WORLD CUP......WE NEED A TEAM'

60 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by justi4jesu(f): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Goodluck bro enjoy ur molla smiley

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ayukdaboss(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Now I can watch another Nigerian play EPL football. Hope he doesn't sit on the bench with a seat-belt like Mikel undecided

27 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Okuda(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: This is what we need not Nigerian players playing in top clubs competing against world class players....That is what helped Osaze, regular football

I even still cant believe the sign up fee.. its pretty high for a player of ideye's status.. if he does well, he would have a regular naija shirt

10 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Easz(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2014
Go and excel brother

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Okuda(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2014
ayukdaboss: ....

Na so...

1 Like

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by jaylorde(m): 9:10am On Jul 19, 2014
nice one Mr brown ,made front page today. I'll surely get there
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ebullientV(m): 9:10am On Jul 19, 2014
This dude is still only 25? :O
I've known him since 2007 AYC/WYC, and he's played 4 quite a good number of clubs already. *shrugs*

Well, hope the Nigerian lads in d prem rock the leauge this season..

Wishing all 'em d best.

*eyes especially on Omeruo*

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ABUGEORGE(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
I was happy hearing dis. Mikel you are just deceiving yourself there, more nigeria players are coming to premier league all dat your big boy will be drop now.

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by knightsTempler: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
They see in him what some of we Nigerians don't see.

14 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by shaboti: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
ABUGEORGE: I was happy hearing dis. Mikel you are just deceiving yourself there, more nigeria players are coming to premier league all dat your big boy will be drop now.
everything must not be about mikel brother

27 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by jericco1(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
That duffer, they'll surely regret it!
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ayukdaboss(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Okuda:

Na so...

Morning Bro smiley
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by GoodBoi1(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Hope he shines
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Funniez: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Now he can prove to Mikelis Obilis, Victoristus Mosesalisis and other species of snails that Nigeria still have talented players

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ebullientV(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: This is what we need not Nigerian players playing in top clubs competing against world class players....That is what helped Osaze, regular football
Osaze has d talent.

Can't really say same about Brown.. He's just too uncomposed in front of goal. His performance @ d Confederations cup springs to mind.

Anyways which him Good luck too.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by AdmiralPato(m): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
.Brown Ideye.

Goodluck To Him sha..

But The Guy They Miss Goals Pass Period

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ifyalways(f): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Happy for him.
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by mencade5(m): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
brown ideye, in as much as u didnt impress me last year, please prove me wrong this season.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Youngzedd(m): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Good luck.

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by mencade5(m): 9:13am On Jul 19, 2014
brown ideye, in as much as u didnt impress me last year, please prove me wrong this season.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by yemiuk: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
Good for him.
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by habex005(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
good for him...
Best of luck ideye
Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by ebullientV(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
ABUGEORGE: I was happy hearing dis. Mikel you are just deceiving yourself there, more nigeria players are coming to premier league all dat your big boy will be drop now.
Abeg leave 'snail' Obi alone. Very soon he'd be playing for an Austrian club.

He'd sink into obscurity(unless he changes his attitude and get his mojo back.).. Then I guess we won't have to bother about our slow motion ''No 10'' anymore...

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Akinola2543(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
Goodluck bro,wish you well in your new club.perform well and be recalled back to the super eagles.jah bless.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
Good for him.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by julioralph(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
Playing in d EPL is something good, cause Nigerians will get to see him week in, week out... Dis is a perfect opportunity to stake a return to d Eagles.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
CONGRATS IDEYE cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News, West Bromwich Albiom Signs Brown Ideye With A Record Breaking Fee by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 19, 2014
He doesn't play like mikel ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christana Ronaldo Having Sex In A Beach (video) / Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues / Top 5 Biggest Spenders In The European Transfer Transfer Market Since 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.