Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov (586 Views)

S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / Omisore Heads To Appeal Court To Retrieve 'Stolen Mandate' / NADECO Tells Amaechi, Kwankwaso To Return ‘stolen Mandate’. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by CharlesPhc: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2014
THE acting governor of Adamawa State, Alhaji Ahmadu Fintiri, stormed the national secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja, on Friday, to declare that he has retrieved the party’s mandate stolen by the impeached governor, Admiral Murtala Nyako.

Fintiri, who was apparently at the party headquarters to brief the hierarchy of the recent events in Adamawa culminating in the removal of Nyako, had a closed door meeting with the Deputy National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, at Legacy House, Abuja, an extension of the national secretariat.

The former Speaker of the Adamawa State House of Assembly was recently sworn in as the acting governor following the impeachment of Nyako who had defected from the PDP to the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Explaining his mission while speaking to journalists after the meeting, Fintiri noted that his emergence as acting governor has restored the party back to the people of Adamawa State.

“As a loyal and obedient party member, I came on a courtesy call to my party and the National Working Committee (NWC) as my first assignment after the battle to remove governor Nyako who had stolen the mandate of the PDP under which he was elected for eight years,” he said.

He added: “I came here to bring back the mandate and I have handed over to them the mandate. I promise that I will work together with the party, its leadership, the people of Adamawa to ensure that our party is restored to the people.”

Meanwhile, the national leadership of PDP has applauded the removal of Nyako, noting that the removal of the former governor and swearing in of Fintiri will help to address the rot that the people of Adamawa State had been subjected to.

According to the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, Fintiri will restore dignity to the party, redress the misdeed of the former governor.

He therefore urged the people of the state to give the new leadership all the necessary support and cooperation to enable him to move the state forward.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/11047-i-have-retrieved-pdp-s-stolen-mandate-adamawa-ag-gov
Re: I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Mtcheeewwwwww!!!!!! As if that wasnt Jonathan's goal all along.
Re: I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Now its obviously clear to all what the motive of the impeachment was. The house only needed the constitutional abracadabra to pull their evil stunt. Mr Ag gov, #Godiswatchingyouon3d#
Re: I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Any body can write whatever he think.

Tribune saying what happened in a closed door meeting.
Re: I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by eph12(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2014
Due process was followed and that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by baseg25(m): 9:28am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: I Have Retrieved Pdp’s Stolen Mandate —adamawa Ag. Gov by hakimade(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2014
lolzz Mumu so you think PDP will win the state for Adamawa lolz i Petty u is better u start pack wat ever u can pack now cos PDP na kaferi party for Adamawa

(1) (Reply)

Wife And 3 Children Of Yoruba Pastor Butchered By Boko Haram Still Missing / Produce our kidnapped members, SDP urges APC / 11 Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.