Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu (11855 Views)

Wike Begins Rehabilitation Of Aba Road (photos) / Rehabilitation Of Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties In Port Harcourt Begins. Photos. / Photo From Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil Depot In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 19, 2014
19.Jul.2014

THE Federal Government has commenced the rehabilitation of pipelines from the NNPC refinery in Port Harcourt to its depot in Enugu, an official has said.

Mr Linus Mgbakogu, the Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Pipeline Matters (South East), made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu, Enugu State capital on Friday.

Mbakogu said that the move to rehabilitate the depot followed government’s commitment to make petroleum products available to Nigerians at the official price.
According to him, work was in progress at the pipeline locations in host communities, adding that measures were in place to check incessant vandalism.

“That is why we have involved the state government in the onslaught against vandals.

“We have also made it clear that traditional rulers in host communities have a major role to play in containing their subjects.”

Mgbakogu, who was the former Chairman of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), Enugu branch, decried the continued closure of the depot due to pipeline vandalism.

He said that the independent marketers bore extra cost in lifting petroleum products to the state.

“The continued closure of the depot is affecting our business as we go the extra mile to bring these products, yet sell at the official price.

“This has always been at a great loss to our members as we most often lift products at higher rates from other depots.”

The presidential aide stated that the condition of marketers in the state was made worse as most of the products they bought were meant for other states.

“Most of the products are meant for other states, but diverted to Enugu State and this comes at higher prices,” he said.

“The reason we still sell at the official price is because there are products everywhere at the moment,” he said.

Mgbakogu commended the commitmentsof NNPC/PPMC in ensuring that the depot was reactivated to serve residents of the state.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/11037-fg-begins-rehabilitation-of-nnpc-depot-in-enugu

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by DEBUCHMANNY: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Sounds nice but this is not the federal presence that south easterners are clamoring for
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by chudionu58(f): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2014
"Commences"? "Begins"? I doubt because I know the resident chief PPMC engineer who on the 30th of June 2013,(Italy were playing Uruguay, confederations cup ) told me that work on the pipelines is almost complete, remaining some portions around Isiagu which was (re)vandalized just after being repaired! He told me their work stops with completing rehabilitation and passing water through the pipes and its
now a management decision to commence pumping products!!... Just 3 weeks ago the PPMC DG was in Enugu and promised the reopening in "weeks"....So I really doubt the authenticity of the above report as work is almost done there.

9 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by psychologist(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Gej fresh air sinCE 2010 till 2099 grin

25 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by adekayo1234(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2014
This fresh air dey smell like my poo, how come?
*pinches nose*

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by otijah(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2014
NEXT TOPIC PLEASE
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by justi4jesu(f): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2014
smiley
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by andy24(m): 9:47am On Jul 19, 2014
Fresh Air grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by constance500: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2014
I just dey observe

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by psychologist(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Dz fresh air is blowing me away oo

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by hydeka: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Good

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan till our Lord Jesus returns!! grin

11 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by henryobinna(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2014
good, its like the FG is now bent on doing good stuffs, last time(maybe yesterday) was some federal road , and this now. they should continue doing well but NNPC is a gang of crooks, yes crooks

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by CharlieMaria(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Noted.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by In2systemsTech(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Nice one... We are moving ahead...
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by TrishaP(f): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Step 1

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by psychologist(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2014
henryobinna: g
asin goodluck
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by EMMASON125: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Nice move. My Igbo brothers deserve more than that

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2014
No light/water for my area for the past one week sha.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Einsthawkton(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
they can say whatever they wanna say...

#im just hungry_

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by siaco(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2014
Thank God i am among dis generation that will testify 4 GEJ administration. Fresh Air all d way.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by tonychristopher: 10:07am On Jul 19, 2014
And they said Jonathan ain't working
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by henryobinna(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2014
psychologist: asin goodluck
hehe, you no even waste time to quote me, I've updated it, remove the 'luck' its good
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Forwetinnah: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2014
Correeeeeeeeeect!!
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Ghydyon(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2014
space for sale
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by dre11(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Long over-due

i hope they won't misappriopate the money oo
(abi make i talk say steal)
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by Forwetinnah: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2014
banega: Goodluck Jonathan till our Lord Jesus returns!! grin

You just sent Buhari and his gang to the ICU kiss

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by tonaydo(m): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Hmmmm...........interesting
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by signz: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2014
My fear is that it will be re-vandalised. Nigerians are just wicked.
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by bbello28(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2014
tonychristopher: And they said Jonathan ain't working
grin mtshewww 2015 campaign in grand style....he knws wat he's doin la
Re: FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu by ITbomb(m): 10:18am On Jul 19, 2014
Goodluck is working, haterz are ranting horseshit

Railway, Agriculture, BENIN-ORE road (again grin ), airport, free and fair elections, one man one vote,

Just hoping supporters of APC Congress would not vandalise this one

GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Allow Unpatriotic Elements Destroy Nigeria — DSS / Bullets Won’t Solve Banditry — Adamu Garba / Fear Of Hacking Made APC Senators Vote Against Electronic Transfer Of Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.