Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,774 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

The Second Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Niger Bridge (35155 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Update On The Onitsha Second Niger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Niger Bridge by OACKLAND(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
yes, the contract has been awarded and the ground breaking ceremony was awesome. pls who knows the exact location of the second Niger bridge? don't tell me hear say. tell me wat u hv seen. has anyone seen work in progress apart from what u read in the papers? if yes, where exactly is it or is it just another political gimmick?

39 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2014
The same place the Fourth Mainland bridge is.....wait, no one awarded contract for the fourth mainland bride neither did they do "ground breaking ceremony".
cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin

Talk about comedy of errors.

58 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Goldmind1(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Yorubas and their bad belle!

37 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2014
March was the second time "work" started on that bridge under Jonathan and the fourth under PDP. (Obj and Umar).....

Just extra pocket change for boys over at the ministry of works and housing

cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin

41 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Energito: 10:28am On Jul 19, 2014
Mumu
Mynd44: March was the second time "work" started on that bridge under Jonathan and the fourth under PDP. (Obj and Umar).....

Just extra pocket change for boys over at the ministry of works and housing

cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin

43 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Energito: Mumu
LMAO....

But seriously, until we get things right, we will keep going round and round. That responsibility of that bridge should go to the states then private investors then tolled else, we will keep "starting work" every two years

37 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Niggmatic: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2014
O P Wait till Chino stumble on this thread

5 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Niggmatic: O P Wait till Chino stumble on this thread
Gulder ultimate search 2014: The search for the Second Niger Bridge

grincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesy

74 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2014
The wishful thinking of ENEMIES OF PROGRESS is that the Second Niger Bridge will not see the light of the day. But sorry to disappoint them, work is going on as scheduled.

24 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Ozioma49(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2014
I for one wouldn't vote in president jonathan soley for not starting the project he promised the easterners....he has failed the entire eastern region

13 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Most interesting
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Ozioma49(m): 11:01am On Jul 19, 2014
Sincere9gerian: The wishful thinking of ENEMIES OF PROGRESS is that the Second Niger Bridge will not see the light of the day. But sorry to disappoint them, work is going on as scheduled.
please could you kindly show us here on nairaland any evidence of the work going?so disappointed

40 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2014
Ozioma49: please could you kindly show us here on nairaland any evidence of the work going?so disappointed
You must be an "Enemy of Progress". How dare you ask for evidence?

cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesy

56 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by OACKLAND(m): 11:07am On Jul 19, 2014
Sincere9gerian: The wishful thinking of ENEMIES OF PROGRESS is that the Second Niger Bridge will not see the light of the day. But sorry to disappoint them, work is going on as scheduled.
that's gud. so where is it?

20 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by OACKLAND(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2014
Mynd44:

wats wrong in knowing where d bridge is? abi no b we go use d bridge?

20 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2014
OACKLAND:
wats wrong in knowing where d bridge is? abi no b we go use d bridge?
Must you know? Why must you know everything? Was the FOI bill signed for you?

28 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by ChinoElects: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2014
Work on the Onitsha 2nd Niger bridge is progressing!

78 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Ozioma49(m): 11:12am On Jul 19, 2014
Mynd44:

when people start saying things the way they are then,our country would be a better place.

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Ozioma49(m): 11:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Mynd44:

when people start saying things the way they are then,our country would be a better place.I won't vote in jonathan simply because he failed in his promise to the easterners...just what if that onitsha brigde collapse tomorrow?

3 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 11:15am On Jul 19, 2014
ChinoElects: 2ND NIGER BRIDGE KICKS OFF AS JULIUS BERGER MOVES TO SITE

So the second Niger bridge is coming to reality as Julius Berger begins construction.

The Sun reports that there was tumultuous joy in the South East last week especially among those living in the commercial city of Onitsha and its environs and including people in some parts of Edo, Delta and Imo states, when construction giant, Julius Berger, began mobilizing to site to commence the construction of the long awaited Second Niger Bridge in Onitsha, Anambra State.

The presence of the construction giant at the foot of the Niger Bridge within the Onitsha axis and the berthing of several barges belonging to the company triggered jubilation in various parts of the commercial city and attracted widespread commendation for the Federal Government

Giving insight into the project, the Special Adviser to the Minister of Works on Media, Mr Tony Ikpasaja explained that the total length of the bridge including the accompanying road measures 12.4 kilometres. The bridge itself is 1.8km, while the approach road is 10.6km."
http://faithfulanere..com/2013_07_07_archive.html

Date July 7, 2013

Tell me another lie

20 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Energito: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for the pix

So the second Niger bridge is coming to reality as Julius Berger begins construction.

The Sun reports that there was tumultuous joy in the South East last week especially among those living in the commercial city of Onitsha and its environs and including people in some parts of Edo, Delta and Imo states, when construction giant, Julius Berger, began mobilizing to site to commence the construction of the long awaited Second Niger Bridge in Onitsha, Anambra State.

The presence of the construction giant at the foot of the Niger Bridge within the Onitsha axis and the berthing of several barges belonging to the company triggered jubilation in various parts of the commercial city and attracted widespread commendation for the Federal Government

Giving insight into the project, the Special Adviser to the Minister of Works on Media, Mr Tony Ikpasaja explained that the total length of the bridge including the accompanying road measures 12.4 kilometres. The bridge itself is 1.8km, while the approach road is 10.6km."

8 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by ChinoElects: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2014
I am not here to engage scratch face!

I took those pictures myself more than 2 months ago. Even last month I passed Onitsha Niger bridge, I saw serious work ongoing by JB!

Mynd44:

Date July 7, 2013

Tell me another lie

40 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2014
Or
http://first-thoughts.org/on/Julius+Berger/Niger+Bridge/

Dated: July 8, 2013

The more you look.........

13 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2014
ChinoElects: I am not here to engage scratch face!

I took those pictures myself more than 2 months ago. Even last month I passed Onitsha Niger bridge, I saw serious work ongoing by JB!

Does that ease your pain that the crappy write up you wrote dates back to A YEAR AGO?

Defend yourself

30 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2014

Thanks for the pictures but the report was in 2013 when Julius Berger moved to site to do PRELIMINARY works on the project.

10 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by anago1000: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Mynd44:
Does that ease your pain that the crappy write up you wrote dates back to A YEAR AGO?

Defend yourself

are you surprise that thing lie for a pass time.

7 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by ChinoElects: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Was the pictures I posted also took last year?

You know am a photo-journalist, I don't usually have time to speak too much grammar. Tell me if you need more pix!

Thank you

Mynd44:
Does that ease your pain that the crappy write up you wrote dates back to [b]A YEAR AGO?

http://faithfulanere..com/2013_07_07_archive.html[/defend yourself

33 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Energito: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Take your anger to your follow Yroolba people.
Mynd44:

Date July 7, 2013

Tell me another lie

34 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Mynd44: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Let's put this on front page so people can see the lies told to deceive Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by ChinoElects: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2014
I want to know if this pix was also taken last year or during Obj wicked and draconian reign!

I personally went to the site 2months ago to take this shot!

35 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by anago1000: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2014
bwahhhaaaaaa!!!!!! I work in a federal government institution in akwa, in another breathe I work with s.s.s and now I'm a photojournalist. all hail our in-house lienious.

44 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 19, 2014
ChinoElects: I am not here to engage scratch face!

Were you expecting less from an ENEMY OF PROGRESS? Anyway, whether they like it or not, Julius Berger is on site at the moment working on the Second Niger Bridge as scheduled. The project is being financed by sure funds from SURE-P and the sovereign wealth funds.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Took America 185yrs, Nigeria Achieved It Within 24yrs – Akpabio / Halima And Zahra Buhari At Friend's Wedding In Kaduna State / New Commander Takes Over Boko Haram War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.