Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? (19518 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by egopersonified(f): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
Na reply u dey fine? Wait den dey com make dey analyse yr theory and how e take affect d wife.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2014
egopersonified: Na reply u dey fine? Wait den dey com make dey analyse yr theory and how e take affect d wife.

A dey think set when person obey God and go marry, name dat time blessing begin enter I'm domot. Some men dey. Dem dey eat better food before dem marry bit d thing no dey grew show for body.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by egopersonified(f): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
smurfy:

A dey think set when person obey God and go marry, name dat time blessing begin enter I'm domot. Some men dey. Dem dey eat better food before dem marry bit d thing no dey grew show for body.

kai, u need to go for pidgin classes.

78 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by EfemenaXY: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
smurfy: I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.

Lack of exercise, eating fatty based foods.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Bigsteveg(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
smurfy: I've noticed that no matter how thin a man is, he almost always add weight the moment he gets married. I know that women add weight because of pregnancy, but what is responsible for weight gain in men? Good food? I find that a little difficult to believe.

Go and marry and cum back to give me feedback as am a bachelor myself.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by egopersonified(f): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.
2. Wife cooks three square meals, while he probably used to cook only in the evenings or weekends. (take note; normally u eat more quantity of food and more often at home than when u eat out).
3. Little or no chores anymore.
4. Has someone who keeps him company, so tendency of sitting back and relaxing is increased.
5. Where the wife contributes to the home, less responsibility for him.

73 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 20, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Go and marry and cum back to give me feedback as am a bachelor myself.

I'm trying to o. I noticed this 'phenomenon' amongst my married friends, hence the theory.
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified: 1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.
2. Wife cooks three square meals, while he probably used to cook only in the evenings or weekends. (take note; normally u eat more quantity of food and more often at home than when u eat out).
4. Has someone who keeps him company, so tendency of sitting back and relaxing is increased.

Nice post. I particularly like the mention of rest of mind as one of the reasons.

I know several people who've been looking for a job, accommodation etc., (In fact, one was so broke then that it was his fiancée that gave him the dowry money) and the moment they start contemplating marriage...gbam!

In all honesty, I respect women.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified:

kai, u need to go for pidgin classes.

grin Typed it in a hurry...O, I miss my qwerty phone!

But I sabi pidgin o. Abi u wan try me? cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by apolonius(m): 2:53am On Jul 20, 2014
Well, the peace,love and blessings of a shared life with the better gender.

Come to think of it,the man grows and glows not just physically but even generally as he begins to focus on essentials,live in a hub soaked in affection and care that he gets as he happily give too;then there is some restfulness too that it all bring-all the easily wasted energies and scattered pleasure atoms are conserved!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by ojuafact: 5:32am On Jul 20, 2014
is because they now have what they looking for outside inside with them
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by xp17(m): 5:33am On Jul 20, 2014
It's some kinda tactics women implement to make their husbands look less attractive to other ladies.

Sometime ago, a colleague told me his wife stopped him from going to the gym. The wife said She should be the one complaining about it, but she ain't. The dude had to stop for mama peace sake.

My question is : why would you buy a Ferrari and turn it to a truck? meanwhile , you turned down them trucks for them Ferrari prior

Dere is god ohhh

38 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by LMAyedun(m): 5:33am On Jul 20, 2014
smurfy:

grin Typed it in a hurry...O, I miss my qwerty phone!

But I sabi pidgin o. Abi u wan try me? cool

Na lie jare! No be matter of "typed in a hurry" be dat one Bro... U need pidgin class.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by koreat(m): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by bercarray(m): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2014
maib bkus d problem,house chores e.t.c dat were bn don by d man b4 marriage,is nw bn shard,or it mayb natural,lyk dz man nw,afta marriage his permant work and exercise is pushn his stomach

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Dosoq(f): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Good food + rest of mind+ filling fulfilled + Freedom 2 av SEX wheneva Konjii catch am.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 20, 2014
egopersonified: 1. He feels fulfilled(rest of mind) , that a part of his life is secured.

i find it surprising disturbing when people associate adding weight to peace of mind...... if u start adding weight after marriage be you man or woman.... you are heading to a horrible sex life which usually damage a marriage..... fucck that peace of mind shiit...... run to the gym so u can keep ur wife happy and satisfied cool cool cool cool cool cool

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 20, 2014
...........because he stops being active

He now has a slave that acts as his chef, his janitor, his laundryman, his secretary, his prostitute.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2014
Peace of mind,when you are mentally at peace,coupled with good food,no choice but to grow big..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by greggng: 5:44am On Jul 20, 2014
A woman secrets a fluid from her vagina .when this fluid comes in contact with the mans pennis the man starts adding weight . Please understand that you can only add weight if you married that woman legitmately. That's why must pepple fornicating don't add weight . That fluid recognises their ilicit act and punishes them with all types of diseases. Another reason men add weight when married is that the wife prepares home made food not junk food he is use to. For all the young boys and girls pls stop fornicating so that u can add weight.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by olatwo(m): 5:44am On Jul 20, 2014
You can say that again bro!

smurfy:

Nice post. I particularly like the mention of rest of mind as one of the reasons.

I know several people who've been looking for a job, accommodation etc., (In fact, one was so broke then that it was his fiancée that gave him the dowry money) and the moment they start contemplating marriage...gbam!

In all honesty, I respect women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by freshness2020: 5:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Yomieluv: Peace of mind,when you are mentally at peace,coupled with good food,no choice but to grow big..
Straight on point. No two ways about it!
But mind ♈όϋ , when ♈όϋ are skinny ♈όϋ re skinny no magic about that one not even a surgical weight-lift will help ♈όϋ . If na lie go ask HRH sanusi and the likes of el rufai and Ribadu!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Even the bible has it '' he that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtaineth favour in sight of God''. Imagine the boredom of going out for a plate of soup and the joy of having the pot of soup @home. All things being equal, why won't the man put up some weight..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by TheMasterpiece(m): 5:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Do they?

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Godfullsam(m): 5:58am On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=greggng]A woman secrets a fluid from her vagina .when this fluid comes in contact with the mans pennis the man starts adding weight . Please understand that you can only add weight if you married that woman legitmately. That's why must pepple fornicating don't add weight . That fluid recognises their ilicit act and punishes them with all types of diseases. Another reason men add weight when married is that the wife prepares home made food not junk food he is use to. For all the young boys and girls pls stop fornicating so that u can add weight.

What is dis one saying

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Project400: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2014
Interesting smiley
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by iluvweed(m): 6:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Lol...Not all men I think... undecided

Go to the garage and look at those bros(es) with over 5 kids....OR....Check a man that has no Job.... cry

You go fear bony structured Husbands...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Godfullsam(m): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2014
Not all men add weight after marriage oh sad. If you are married to d bone of ur bone you can add weight because of good food, peace of mind and good companionship. But if you end up with d wrong woman, you go first add weight for d first six months and later you com dey loss weight so tayyy.... You go resemble pesin wey catch desease.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Pavore9: 6:11am On Jul 20, 2014
hmm..
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by Edwardhead(m): 6:17am On Jul 20, 2014
QUESTION FOR THE GODS...
Re: Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? by bigtt76(f): 6:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Simple ...rest of mind! No longer need to worry about his babe shanking anoda guy (even though she doesn't) grin btw ....na food be dat wey guys de eat out? Poor quality and unhygienic compared to the one cooked with all the love in this world by a wife tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) / Man Accuses Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Demands 6 Million Naira Bride Price / My Baby Has Refused To Eat.please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.