Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List (35514 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes ESPN Player Power Ranking. / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by jotey(m): 2:08am On Jul 21, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma: my guy why would u say dat iheanacho is more talented Dan Mikel, I bet u didn't watch mikel in under 17 and under 20 at 2003 and 2005, mikel u are watching now has seen it all
the iheanacho of 2013 u-17 world cup is better than the Mikel of 2005 u-20 world cup

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by arsetalks(m): 7:51am On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Kelechi Iheanacho is one of our most promising talents. This is not about Man City but we are interested in Iheanacho because he is one of the top rated players in his set (U18). Now Man City is being coached by Coach Manuel Pellegrini who is good at bringing out the best in players.

If Iheanacho is as good as we hope he is, working with Coach Pellegrini will help him progress fast. So Iheanacho being picked by Coach Pellegrini means Coach Pellegrini feels he has something to offer. Coach Pellegrini is not doing this for fun. He is trying to look for players to help Man City succeed.
The lad is very good but to me, I don't see him making it at man city. Their transfer policies means they will continue to bring in bigger players which will end up messing up Iheancho's career.

Pellergin may now be in charge but so far, his transfer deals shows he is willing to throw money at a problem at the slightest provocation.

I honestly think Iheancho's father and agent ( if any) has done the boy's career a lot of damage. It is no coincidence that not a single player has come out of City's academy in the last 6 years or even more.

Should have gone to Arsenal ( yes, I am a gunner) or Porto or even Tottenub ( I won't call their name here) .

4 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by obeski13(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2014
bercarray: yh,bt are we tokn abt abt home aspect ryt nw,does dat mean if d boy faced osaze at club syd he won't score? D boi has smtn special wen he jst strtd bt let him start makn money the nxt tn is rubbish,don't we see how mikel startd and hw he is ryt nw
.dont compare him with mikel.mikel is simply an unambitious player.afterall there are players like kanu,okocha and babayaro who realised their potentials.it has nothing to do with money

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by obeski13(m): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2014
tbaba1234:

It will be hard to displace jovetic. He can probably fight for a wing role.
.it is not impossible,with hard work

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by jobsat34(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
i read most comment about iheanacho, i guess yu pple are expecting too much frm this guy, forgettin he is just 18.. he still has like 2 yrs of extensive training to psych him up to become are starlet and then pro.. for now, he is just a prospect like every other kid out there..
mind you, dont expect him to break through like raheem sterling cos iheanacho is not english. no coach would take such risk or let me say, no top team coach will.

i think i like his choice of mancity. talents from big club are usually a target for other teams with low budget. at 20, he can easily get his move to porto fc (whether on loan or co ownership) and design his own fate from there..

Mikel should have done the same thing at chelsea but he choose to stay and allow himself to be converted just to please the coach..

perseverance is the key word, it works for falcao at porto, diego costa at athletico madrid, it can equally work for him too..

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by collynzo2(m): 3:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
jobsat34: [s]i read most comment about iheanacho, i guess yu pple are expecting too much frm this guy, forgettin he is just 18.. he still has like 2 yrs of extensive training to psych him up to become are starlet and then pro.. for now, he is just a prospect like every other kid out there..
mind you, dont expect him to break through like raheem sterling cos iheanacho is not english. no coach would take such risk or let me say, no top team coach will.

i think i like his choice of mancity. talents from big club are usually a target for other teams with low budget. at 20, he can easily get his move to porto fc (whether on loan or co ownership) and design his own fate from there..

Mikel should have done the same thing at chelsea but he choose to stay and allow himself to be converted just to please the coach..

perseverance is the key word, it works for falcao at porto, diego costa at athletico madrid, it can equally work for him too..[/s]
Absolute trash!

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by collynzo2(m): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
God punish anyone who compares Mikel and Iheanacho again!
Mikel never scored the kind of goals or got the kind of assists Iheanacho got at U17. I can't even remeber Mikel scoring at U17 or U20 level except for a penalty

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by jobsat34(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
collynzo2:
Absolute trash!

I hope yu know its my opinion sha....
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Lilboots(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
I didn't see Kelechi's name in the list posted on manchester city's website. Pls go to the original source for stories instead of quoting third parrty websites.

City will fly out to the USA on Monday afternoon as the pre-season preparations shift up a gear.
The Blues returned from Scotland in the early hours of Saturday morning and will now travel across the Atlantic to take part in the Guinness International Champions Cup where they will face Liverpool, AC Milan and Olympiacos with the possibility of a final game in Miami should City top their group.

Before the tournament begins, however, the Blues will head to the mid-west where they will take on current MLS champions Sporting Kansas on Wednesday evening.

Then, after a brief stop in New Jersey, City will take play AC Milan on Sunday in Pittsburgh and then it’s off to New York to face Liverpool on Wednesday 30 July.

The final group game will be against Greek side Olympiacos in Minneapolis on 2 August which will determine whether the team flies back to Manchester after the game or on to Miami for a place in the final on 4 August.

...US Tour 2014...

One player who won’t be traveling is Alvaro Negredo who has a broken metatarsal sustained in the 2-1 victory over Hearts last Friday.

The tour squad is:

Richard Wright, Willy Caballero, Joe Hart*, Micah Richards, Dedryck Boyata, Karim Rekik, Gael Clichy, Matija Nastasic, Aleks Kolarov, Jason Denayer, Javi Garcia, Fernando, James Milner*, Jack Rodwell, Jesus Navas, Scott Sinclair, David Silva*, Yaya Toure*, Emyr Huws, Samir Nasri, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko*, John Guidetti

(* from 24 July)

All matches will be covered here on mcfc.co.uk and there will extensive coverage of the US tour throughout the squad’s stay.

City on Tour 2014 with visitabudhabi.ae

Source: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/July/City-jet-out-for-US-Tour

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
My niccah;calm down.. grin Mikellis obilis is a slow poke..nor let ur blood dey boil cox of mikel matter
collynzo2: God punish anyone who compares Mikel and Iheanacho again!
Mikel never scored the kind of goals or got the kind of assists Iheanacho got at U17. I can't even remeber Mikel scoring at U17 or U20 level except for a penalty

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by xtervaganza(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma: my guy why would u say dat iheanacho is more talented Dan Mikel, I bet u didn't watch mikel in under 17 and under 20 at 2003 and 2005, mikel u are watching now has seen it all
I watched all our matches at the Finland 2003 u17 tourney, Mikel wasn't special then

And as for the u20, he was only muscling small small boys thinking he's a star

How many goals or assist did Mikel have at Holland 2005?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Cubeet: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
The tour squad is:
Richard Wright, Willy Caballero, Joe Hart*, Micah
Richards, Dedryck Boyata, Karim Rekik, Gael Clichy,
Matija Nastasic, Aleks Kolarov, Jason Denayer, Javi
Garcia, Fernando, James Milner*, Jack Rodwell, Jesus
Navas, Scott Sinclair, David Silva*, Yaya Toure*, Emyr
Huws, Samir Nasri, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko*, John
Guidetti

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by davidflipcy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
This is a big lie. Kelechi has not been chosen to be among the players that will be on the CITY US TOUR. You guys can check the official manchester city website to see the REAL list. mcfc.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by DonaldGenes(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
bercarray: and wen i'm not mancity nko? Dat means e no concern me,dey can take wu dey lyk.*up manunited*
Up United
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Onwe101(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
bercarray: yh,bt are we tokn abt abt home aspect ryt nw,does dat mean if d boy faced osaze at club syd he won't score? D boi has smtn special wen he jst strtd bt let him start makn money the nxt tn is rubbish,don't we see how mikel startd and hw he is ryt nw
chai bad judgement...Dnt use mikel to judge odas na they are definateli not d same even tho they r nigerians
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by vanndubi: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
That boy reminds me of how Kanu Nwankwo started. If he remains focused, he might be greater than Papilo

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by piroskey94(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Cubeet: The tour squad is:
Richard Wright, Willy Caballero, Joe Hart*, Micah
Richards, Dedryck Boyata, Karim Rekik, Gael Clichy,
Matija Nastasic, Aleks Kolarov, Jason Denayer, Javi
Garcia, Fernando, James Milner*, Jack Rodwell, Jesus
Navas, Scott Sinclair, David Silva*, Yaya Toure*, Emyr
Huws, Samir Nasri, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko*, John
Guidetti
eeeeeerrrmmmm, hooooopeeeee!! what do you have to say about this post #bringbackkelechi

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
xtervaganza: I watched all our matches at the Finland 2003 u17 tourney, Mikel wasn't special then

And as for the u20, he was only muscling small small boys thinking he's a star

How many goals or assist did Mikel have at Holland 2005?
Midfielders ain't the same as strikers that need stats of goals or assist to know how well they performed. You think I'm lying? Do you know Lampard has more assists and goals than Pirlo, Gerrard, Xavi, Scholes, Iniesta. Would you consider Lampard a better midfielder than Pirlo or Gerrard?

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by davidflipcy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
The OP is actually right . This is a picture of kelechi between leigh and karim rekik on the plane on their way to kansas US.

7 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by davidflipcy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
davidflipcy: The OP is actually right . This is a picture of kelechi between leigh and karim rekik on the plane on their way to kansas US.
gotten from manchester city official page on facebook

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Bigzig(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
There is hardly a concrete a news about this guy's signings.hope this one is sure,'wishing him the very best'
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Bigzig(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
There is hardly a concrete news about this guy's signing.Hope this one is sure,'wishing him the very best'
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by daryoor(m): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
ifa just told me this boy will play better than mikel but worse than eto'o.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Itoroetti(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
jotey: guy talents are different.. iheanacho is more talented than Mikel..he won't fade if he has passion for football.. Mikel no gt passion for ball he is not thinking of improvement

iheancho plays 10,now man city are pushing him to a strikers position,how are we sure he can operate as a striker?the fact that he scored 5goals in d u17 doesnt mean he should be converted to a striker.

the same thing happened to mikel.
mikel was a very complete no10 in both u 17 in 2003 and wyc in 2005,chelsea converted him to a defensive position just becos he was heavily built and was strong.
to me,i prefer iheancho plays in his preferred role
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Shankboye(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
YAhaya better dis guy jor

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by jotey(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Itoroetti:

iheancho plays 10,now man city are pushing him to a strikers position,how are we sure he can operate as a striker?the fact that he scored 5goals in d u17 doesnt mean he should be converted to a striker.

the same thing happened to mikel.
mikel was a very complete no10 in both u 17 in 2003 and wyc in 2005,chelsea converted him to a defensive position just becos he was heavily built and was strong.
to me,i prefer iheancho plays in his preferred role
yes o

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
wow shocked

Really? smiley

So happy for him cool
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Gistwitherico(m): 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: [b]Forwards: Alvaro Negredo, Stevan Jovetic, John Guidetti, Kelechi Iheanacho

It seems there is something special about Kelechi Iheanacho. Coach Pellegrini only picked 23 players for the US Tour Manchester City are going to use for their pure season preparation and Iheanacho made the list.

He is among the Four forwards. Coach Pellegrini is good at nurturing young talents. Most notably Isco which was a young teenager he helped coach into a Super Star.

For Iheanacho to be on that list, it shows Coach Pellegrini has seen something special in him. Wishing Iheanacho the best. It is Sad Chidebere Nwakali did not make it.

Full 23 man list:

Goalkeepers: Willy Caballero, Richard Wright, Ian Lawlor
Defenders: Micah Richards, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, Karim Rekik, Aleksandar Kolarov, Matthias Bossaerts, Matija Nastasic, Jason Denayer
Midfielders: Fernando, Samir Nasri, Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia, Jesus Navas, Jack Rodwell, Bruno Zuculini, Emry Huws
Forwards: Alvaro Negredo, Stevan Jovetic, John Guidetti, Kelechi Iheanacho

http://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2014/7/19/5917885/manchester-city-us-tour[/b]
negredo is injured.. Replace him with nwakili

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name The Football Club. (picture) / Why We Booed Dele Alli - Nigerian Football Lovers / World Most Valuable Players Under 21 List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.