Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List (35519 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes ESPN Player Power Ranking. / Nigeria U17 Team List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Fayrouzz(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Man City has a new policy of doing their transfers before the pre season. We are only going to bring in a defender. This is due to Mangala delaying his signing. If not, it would be Benatia.

I do not think any attacked is coming in. Jovetic and Guidetti needs games. Dzeko and Aguero are there.

Iheanacho is going to be the fifth striker till Negredo recovers.

1. Aguero
2. Dzeko
3. Jovetic
4. Guidetti
5. Iheanacho.
He wasn't even listed.. And why are you sure City won't be making signings??
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
iabdulrazaq: new source
http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1955500&top&wjb=
I wonder why Aguero is not on the list. Maybe he is still injured.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by xtervaganza(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Paroman: Midfielders ain't the same as strikers that need stats of goals or assist to know how well they performed. You think I'm lying? Do you know Lampard has more assists and goals than Pirlo, Gerrard, Xavi, Scholes, Iniesta. Would you consider Lampard a better midfielder than Pirlo or Gerrard?
I understand you, but you have to understand me too

Lampard is 100x better than Gerrard, xavi and iniesta at what he does best(making runs into the box). In fact I've not seen a midfielder like him in that aspect. So he's better in Hus own way

Its another case if we're discussing other aspects of the game.

a great player like Lampard has no reason to fell inferior to xavi or any other midfielder out there.

That being said, I followed Mikel closely at the junior tourney and even have clips of Hus best moments at the u20. I think we over hyped his achievements at Holland. He was busy muscling and bullying smaller players off the ball

Don't get me wrong, he was good at the tourney, but he's obvious age advantage helped him well

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
xtervaganza: That being said, I followed Mikel closely at the junior tourney and even have clips of Hus best moments at the u20. I think we over hyped his achievements at Holland. He was busy muscling and bullying smaller players off the ball

Don't get me wrong, he was good at the tourney, but he's obvious age advantage helped him well
I disagree with you here. Our game was centered around Mikel. What made Mikel important. Was his interchanging passes. Even at the finals in the U20 against Argentina, Mikel made a lot of brilliant plays with the ball.

He was not just muscling players. For instance, Mikel's pass in the game against Netherland that led to the goal was not muscling but brilliance.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Injury has forced out Chidiebere Nwakli, Nigeria's U-20 midfielder, out of Manchester City's pre season tour of the USA. 

The big spending English Premiership side are expected to depart for the USA on Monday but Nwakali has informed that he was out of the party as a result of injury he copped during the team's pre-season tour of neighbouring Scotland. 

Contigent

- I won't be travelling with the team on Monday because of my injury but there is nothing much to worry about since I'm being well taken care of, he said. 

He did however, reveal that his compatriot, Kelechi Iheanacho would be part of Man City's contingent to the US, adding that they are both focused on their careers. 

Agreement

- Of course, Kelechi is going with the team to the USA and I'm happy for him, he stated. I would be here (Manchester) and hopefully I would still join them when they come back
http://www.futaa.com/football/article/injury-knocks-nwakali-out-of-man-city-us-trip
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by dayowunmi(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
I think iheanachos advisers adviced him wrongly with his subsequent decision to join man city. They are not a club with a track record of grooming youngsters, all they just do is Buy,Buy and Buy. The only notable player to have came through the ranks at city is micah richards and they hardly ever use him, even if he outscores the other players I don't see him getting more than carling cup next season. Porto would have been perfect for him to hone his talents before going to a big club like city when they will then have no choice but to play him.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by josh830: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
GOD. Is favouring dis guy on a next level not on fastforward, imagin from grassroot to U17 to mancity+U20::: I pray that GOD go bless me to
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Fayrouzz: He wasn't even listed.. And why are you sure City won't be making signings??
I am suspecting it might be a typo on the mcfc news site. All other media sites are carrying Iheanacho on the lists. Even an interview by Nwakali said Iheanacho is travelling with them.

Secondly, the Man City Chairman said Man City is working with a formula just like last season, the deals will be done early before the pre season kicks off.

Our bids for Benatia and Mangala has been placed. If an attacker was coming in, I believe the mid would have been placed.

I am not sure but I am going with words from the Chairman All Mubarak.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
dayowunmi: I think iheanachos advisers adviced him wrongly with his subsequent decision to join man city. They are not a club with a track record of grooming youngsters, all they just do is Buy,Buy and Buy. The only notable player to have came through the ranks at city is micah richards and they hardly ever use him, even if he outscores the other players I don't see him getting more than carling cup next season. Porto would have been perfect for him to hone his talents before going to a big club like city when they will then have no choice but to play him.
The mistake you guys make is that you are judging Man City from the old regime. The old executives have been sacked and the Barca Guys like Txiki and Soriano have taken over the club.

They ran a youth policy at Barca and are bringing their passing and youth development philosophy to Man City.

Man City are developing the biggest footballing academy in the World. Do not think they are pumping in £100 million to play. Iheanacho made the right choice. Coach Pellegrini is good at developing young talents. Look at Isco and Carzola.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by xtervaganza(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: I disagree with you here. Our game was centered around Mikel. What made Mikel important. Was his interchanging passes. Even at the finals in the U20 against Argentina, Mikel made a lot of brilliant plays with the ball.

He was not just muscling players. For instance, Mikel's pass in the game against Netherland that led to the goal was not muscling but brilliance.
was it not against Holland that Taiye taiwo s bored with a cross that ended up in the net?(I may be wrong though) and Ron Vlaar equalised for Holland? Maybe u should remind me who scored for Nigeria

But I can't remember any spectacular pass fr Mikel I'm that match

Truth is; Mikel has always been overrated by we Nigerians
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
xtervaganza: was it not against Holland that Taiye taiwo s bored with a cross that ended up in the net?(I may be wrong though) and Ron Vlaar equalised for Holland? Maybe u should remind me who scored for Nigeria

But I can't remember any spectacular pass fr Mikel I'm that match

Truth is; Mikel has always been overrated by we Nigerians
It was Owoeri that scored. An early goal.

By the way, do you think Mikel was also overrated by the FIFA committee? Remember the commentator commending Mikel for putting up an outstanding performance at the tourney.

Do you think Sir Alex Ferguson was crazy when he flew to meet Mikel twice at Norway to convince him to play for Man Utd.

Remember Silva, Aguero, Zabaletta, Gago, Llorente, Fabre gas were all at that tourney and Mikel was rated highly there. Not by Nigerians.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Simplefaithy(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
tbaba1234:

It will be hard to displace jovetic. He can probably fight for a wing role.
which role is he playing, a midfielder or striker
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by dayowunmi(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: The mistake you guys make is that you are judging Man City from the old regime. The old executives have been sacked and the Barca Guys like Txiki and Soriano have taken over the club.

They ran a youth policy at Barca and are bringing their passing and youth development philosophy to Man City.

Man City are developing the biggest footballing academy in the World. Do not think they are pumping in £100 million to play. Iheanacho made the right choice. Coach Pellegrini is good at developing young talents. Look at Isco and Carzola.
Lolz, even with ferran soriano and txiki bergiristen, city are still a buying club, likes buying players unnecessarily, like they did with rodwell and scot sinclair and recently iheanacho, I really like iheanacho, and I don't want him to just disappear like chrisantus by going to a big club prematurely. His chances of first team football for city in a regular season is very bleek. His best bet is a loan deal with an average club so he can get first team football and get people to notice him, otherwise na bench sure pas for am next season. That's even if he gets to sit on the bench sef, he's likely to play for their youth team.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy:
which role is he playing, a midfielder or striker
Striker. It seems Coach Pellegrini has converted Iheanacho to a striker. Maybe because of his shooting ability.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
dayowunmi:
Lolz, even with ferran soriano and txiki bergiristen, city are still a buying club, likes buying players unnecessarily, like they did with rodwell and scot sinclair and recently iheanacho, I really like iheanacho, and I don't want him to just disappear like chrisantus by going to a big club prematurely. His chances of first team football for city in a regular season is very bleek. His best bet is a loan deal with an average club so he can get first team football and get people to notice him, otherwise
You do not know the future. By the way Rodwell and Sinclair were bought before Txiki and Soriano came. The youth development project is their work.

Remember, when Iheanacho had work permit problem, they secured a training space for him at Barcelona. They developed the LA Masia team of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Pique, Valdes etc.

They are bringing the same philosophy to Man City. Note the current players of the club are over 25. That is to give room for them to develope the next generation. In 4 years, most Man City players will be home grown.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by Simplefaithy(m): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Striker. It seems Coach Pellegrini has converted Iheanacho to a striker. Maybe because of his shooting ability.
aiiit, all well nd good

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by dayowunmi(m): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: You do not know the future. By the way Rodwell and Sinclair were bought before Txiki and Soriano came. The youth development project is their work.

Remember, when Iheanacho had work permit problem, they secured a training space for him at Barcelona. They developed the LA Masia team of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Pique, Valdes etc.

They are bringing the same philosophy to Man City. Note the current players of the club are over 25. That is to give room for them to develops the next generation. In 4 years, most Man City players will be home grown.
Okay o, hahaha I concur sir.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by fyneboy27(m): 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
That's a recent pic of the squad.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by alimspaul: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
This news is false check out below the list of man city tour team. Make una no dey deceive people again ooooo http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2014/July/City-jet-out-for-US-Tour
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
alimspaul: This news is false check out below the list of man city tour team. Make una no dey deceive people again ooooo http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2014/July/City-jet-out-for-US-Tour
I still do not get why the Man City news media omitted Iheanacho's name. But, most football news media are carrying Iheanacho's name. Even an article says Nwakali said Iheanacho is on the team.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
fyneboy27: That's a recent pic of the squad.
NACHO (Iheanacho) looking good there. I hope Coach Pellegrini works on him.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by biomedixexcel(m): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by kendrick93(m): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Yakubu and Mikel served Nigeria well. Mikel is still doing a good job.

Iheanacho is first Nigerian before we talk about club.
speak for urself.. i value my club more dan any damn country
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
kendrick93: speak for urself.. i value my club more dan any damn country
So you think you make up majority of Nigerians. More Nigerians watched Nigeria at the just concluded World Cup than they watched your team.

Iheanacho's development means more to Nigerians than your clubs best player.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by kendrick93(m): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: I disagree with you here. Our game was centered around Mikel. What made Mikel important. Was his interchanging passes. Even at the finals in the U20 against Argentina, Mikel made a lot of brilliant plays with the ball.

he is ryt tho. yes mikel was gud but it was overated. youth footy isnt d same as senior football..
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
kendrick93: he is ryt tho. yes mikel was gud but it was overated. youth footy isnt d same as senior football..
Look at the Argentine team in this World Cup. Aguero, Messi, Gago, Zabaletta, Biglia all played in that final game against Germany. They also played in the final game in the WYC in 2005 against Nigeria.

James Rodriguez, Neymar, and Kroos are all products of youth tourneys. So the tourney's have value.

Mikel actually has had a trophy filled career. More than many great players. I wonder why he is seen as a flop. On the contrary, Mikel has been a success.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Makes Manchester City US Tour Team List by kendrick93(m): 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Look at the Argentine team in this World Cup. Aguero, Messi, Gago, Zabaletta, Biglia all played in that final game against Germany. They also played in the final game in the WYC in 2005 against Nigeria.

James Rodriguez, Neymar, and Kroos are all products of youth tourneys. So the tourney's have value.

Mikel actually has had a trophy filled career. More than many great players. I wonder why he is seen as a flop. On the contrary, Mikel has been a success.
winnin trophies doesnt make u great playa.. john o'shea,wes brown won loads but they are pretty average.. so ur point is nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Booed Dele Alli - Nigerian Football Lovers / Name The Football Club. (picture) / World Most Valuable Players Under 21 List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.