Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food (15826 Views)

5 Health Benefits Of Peppers / I Need A Good Spicy Egusi Soup Recipe. / Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Hey hot spicy pepper lovers, let's talk about hot peppers.

I have always liked spicy peppers because my mum and sister always cooked with the hottest spicy peppers while growing up.

I remember once in Adamawa during my NYSC I went to the market and saw a woman that was selling like 7 red atarodo inside a nylon for like 50 naira. I was shocked and asked her why she was selling it so expensive.

She replied and told me that it was not ordinary rodo but it was Cameroon atarodo. In my ignorance, I priced it to 30 naira and bought it.

When I got home, I prepared stew with all 7 of them. Halfway into the meal, I knew I had bleeped up. The stew tasted like fire. It burned my mouth, tongue and throat for like 30 minutes an the stomach burn was the worst.

I left the stew but forgot to tell one of my guys that came to my house about it. Na hin the guy enter pot go serve himself rice and stew. Later the guy recounted his experience.

Since then I have been looking for that pepper but never found it anywhere else.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 20, 2014
After I emigrated to US, I wen through a major depression because I could not gain access to hot atarodo also called habaneros. The ones I saw in the mexican stores tasted like tomatoes and not spicy at all.

Then I decided to do searches for how I could get hot peppers. I saw online videos of people that ate a kind of spicy habanero called ghost pepper. It was the hottest in the world at that time.

I tried to see where I could buy some but I was always disappointed because I could not find any stores that sold these.

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 20, 2014
Then after going through a period of spiceless food, I had had enough. I deepend my search and decided to buy seeds of this ghost pepper and grow it myself but it failed to grow.

Then I stumbled upon a guy online here in US who grows some of the hottest chilli peppers in the world and I had to wait for him to harvest before buying any. He is a popular pepper grower and well endorsed.

Below are some of the peppers I bought from him. Now, let me warn, these peppers are hot and deadly. They are the hottest in this world. One of them is even too much to use for a whole pot of stew.

This below is the 7 pot brain strain. Called 7 pot because 1 is enough to spice up 7 pots of food.

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Gboliwe: 1:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Where is the picture?

I like very hot spicy foods. My mother doesn't do very spicy meals but created a balance. Living alone, I use cameroon pePper a lot and that is to make my meals really hot. When I have to share the meal with my mother, I tone it really really down, infact, I won't touch the cameroon pepper

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 20, 2014
Here are my chocolate moruga scorpions and red moruga scorpions. The chocolate are the brown ones and they are even hotter than the red.

Their flavor is very wonderful. The smell alone will make your mouth water.

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 20, 2014
http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chocolate-7-pot-chili-pepper.html

Info on moruga scorpion peppers

Below are more of mine

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 20, 2014
Now, for the hottest pepper in the world. It is called the Carolina Reaper. I was able to get just one pod yesterday. I wanted only 1 so I could sample it before purchasing in bulk.

You know it by its pointy tail wink

Here is info on it and the picture.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 20, 2014
And here are a few dried red and chocolate moruga srorpion which I bought and ground into powder (ground pepper) to make soups and beans. smiley

I mistakenly rubbed my face after touching it and my face burned. My wife and kid had to run into the room when I was blending the dry pepper because the smell went from the kitchen and into the parlour and made them sneeze and their eyes water cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by okirewaju(f): 6:53am On Jul 21, 2014
#Following

3 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by jayseehe(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2014
mtcheew, how will this thread change the fact that I'm a year closer to my death today?

3 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by emmabest2000(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2014
Here we go

4 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Smartsyn(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2014
this is where I belong...

Just that the effect these hot peppers have on my anus whenever I visit the restroom can not be quantified.

They always left me singing Haliluya.

3 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Firefire(m): 7:02am On Jul 22, 2014
Graciously eating original peppers since the '60s cool
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by freshness2020: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Like em hotty and spicy!
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by superior1: 7:15am On Jul 22, 2014
My Dad will tell you
Emi ti koje ata, emi yepere ni meaning 'Person wey no dey chop pepper, na fragile Person"

He got me inducted, still dey eat spicy food like water
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by pomporiking: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2014
I would bitch slap any girl that serves me spicy food

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 22, 2014
I thought i was the only weird one, i love my food, super hot and spicy.

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by MizTyna(f): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2014
#TeamSpicyFood cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 22, 2014
Here is how I save my peppers.

I seal them in cellophane or ziploc bags and deep freeze.

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Project400: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2014
Interesting smiley

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2014
I love 'em hot and spicy smiley smiley
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2014
These are the yellow and red fatalii. They are a variant of the famous Nsukka pepper. They are not as hot as all the above ones but still burn when used for soups and stews.

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2014
pDude: Hey hot spicy pepper lovers, let's talk about hot peppers.

I have always liked spicy peppers because my mum and sister always cooked with the hottest spicy peppers while growing up.

I remember once in Adamawa during my NYSC I went to the market and saw a woman that was selling like 7 red atarodo inside a nylon for like 50 naira. I was shocked and asked her why she was selling it so expensive.

She replied and told me that it was not ordinary rodo but it was Cameroon atarodo. In my ignorance, I priced it to 30 naira and bought it.

When I got home, I prepared stew with all 7 of them. Halfway into the meal, I knew I had bleeped up. The stew tasted like fire. It burned my mouth, tongue and throat for like 30 minutes an the stomach burn was the worst.

I left the stew but forgot to tell one of my guys that came to my house about it. Na hin the guy enter pot go serve himself rice and stew. Later the guy recounted his experience.

Since then I have been looking for that pepper but never found it anywhere else.

lol. Sorry to you & your friend that tasted the stew.
Meanwhile, v you tried ata-gbigbe (dried pepper) or a mixture of alligator pepper with rodo? Try these without tomatoes & your life ll never remain the same!
Last Bullet
Many, many, many years ago... Our then Church Pastor loves food. He's a man that targets people's home that he can go & feast. If he hears that a woman can cook well, he ll become her husband's friend in order to visit them.
On a particular day, this Pastor became my dad's best friend & decided to visit our home. He has heard about my mum's cooking ability. My mum was also prepared to teach him a lesson he ll never forget. So my mum used pure ata rodo (red pepper) and alligator pepper to prepare an egusi soup with pounded yam. The soup had an inviting aroma was garnished with assorted bush meats.
The Pastor came to our house & started eating like a hungry lion.
After taking like 10 bases of pounded yam, he started drinking cold water like a camel.
The man had to stop at the 15th base. He couldn't eat his meats... He asked us to take him to the visitor's room where he slept like a baby for 2 hours before going back home.
After that day's experience, the Pastor only takes water whenever he visit us till he was transfered.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by freecocoa(f): 8:12am On Jul 22, 2014
I do like pepper but not as much as you described, I just like tasting the pepper in my food.

Now what I really love is steamy hot, like really very hot food, that's how I enjoy my food, I'd even eat it on the gas(tastes better that way), If the food is warm, I don't enjoy it at all, let alone when its cold, I no go eat am cha cha.

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by wayne4loan: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
Am not sure about spicy food, but when it comes to hot food am the undisputed champion, I can finish a very hot bowl of garri in 8mins.. My friends always tease me " o boy no be belly u get na cold freezer"

5 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
Now this in the container is the ground dry red and chocolate moruga scorpion peppers. I used them to make my suya and it was very hot and peppery. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Elebiju: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2014
jayseehe: mtcheew, how will this thread change the fact that I'm a year closer to my death today?
Happy birthday.

5 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Valfrankie(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Them no born any lady wey go serve me hot n spicy food well, she 'll so regret cooking that day cos I won't touch.... If you want to 've a real good laugh, serve my mum spicy food, she 'll dance about n speak in tongues until dey fire burns down, She 'll refuse to drink water, so the effect is usually worth the trouble of having to join her in the meal... BTW OP, if any of this pepper enter your eyes, na die you dey o abi your eyes also like spice undecidedundecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by jauntty: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2014
I wasn't into spicy food until I started working in Lagos. The first day I ate in one of those yoruba Restaurants close to my work place I had to abandon the food after tasting it, cos it was sooooooo peppery. It was as if the stew was just pepper and oil. (I had to resort to snacks at lunch for d 1st week. ) I am starting to adapt to their super spicy food now.
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2014
wow!! just looking at these peppers has got me salivating for boiled yam and palm oil cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2014
jauntty: I wasn't into spicy food until I started working in Lagos. The first day I ate in one of those yoruba Restaurants close to my work place I had to abandon the food after tasting it, cos it was sooooooo peppery. It was as if the stew was just pepper and oil. (I had to resort to snacks at lunch for d 1st week. ) I am starting to adapt to their super spicy food now.

My broda, you need to adapt o. There is nothing as nice as spicy food. After a while, your bidy grows accustomed to it.

I am very addicted to spicy foods. If pepper nor dey, I nor go touch am.

3 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by remsonik(f): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2014
I love pepper!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food? / How To Prepare Peppered Gizzard / Nigerian Desserts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.