Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment (20163 Views)

Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' / Ombatse Cult: "We Are Not Militias, We Are A Prayer Group " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by unuane1(m): 7:08am On Jul 20, 2014
The troubles of Nasarawa State governor, Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, may have assumed another dimension, as outlawed militia group indigenous to the state, Ombatse, has added their voice to that of those clamouring for his impeachment.

The group’s legal adviser, Zamani Alumaga, in an exclusive interview with Sunday Independent on Saturday said Al-Makura’s impeachment would bring an end to the problems of the Eggon nation, which he said have been clamouring for governorship seat in the state.

Alumaga, who spoke in Lafia, Nasarawa State capital, condemned the series of protests that is already creating panic in the state, saying the protests are sponsored.

He said: “Those who are protesting, I think, are being sponsored to do so, because they don’t understand what the letter of impeachment meant”.

He, however, challenged Al-Makura to appear before the House of Assembly to defend allegations levelleded against him if he is clean.
Alumaga continued: “As far as I know, the impeachment letter is a mere query calling on the governor to defend himself against the allegations.

“Everybody must be held accountable for his actions. The letter is just asking him to explain certain issues, if his hands are clean let him come out and let justice prevail. Protesting in any form does not justify him”.

According to him, “with the impeachment of Umaru Tanko Al-Makura the problem of ombatse as well as the Eggon nation is coming to an end”.

He cautioned the Eggon people to stay calm and also distant themselves from the protest since the issue on ground is a state matter with various state agencies at work.

He then slammed some traditional rulers across the state who signed a communiqué to stir chaos over the impeachment letter instead of maintaining and fostering peace at such a period in the state, adding that there was nothing tribal about the impeachment notice.

In attempt to resolve the crisis between the governor and lawmakers, the Emir of Lafia, Dr. Mustapha Agwai, and other traditional rulers have held a meeting with both parties, urging political leaders in the state to end the crisis as soon as possible to avoid calamity.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/nasarawa-ombatse-backs-al-makuras-impeachment/

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by DebateNigeria: 8:43am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by jayseehe(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2014
GEJ sponsors Boko Haram

he should come and charge me for treason cause I said so tongue

27 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Kalvan: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2014
These dudes again.

undecided
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by misterjosh(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2014
hmm... Let me go nd drink water first

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by sammieguze(m): 8:58am On Jul 20, 2014
Mtcheeew
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 20, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Bright2(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2014
I'll join this meeting later,i just had an emergency phone call.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by koboko69: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2014
Why wouldn't they back PDP? They are just another branch of PDP sponsored terrorists or is this not the same group that killed over 100 security operatives?

25 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by hrykanu231(m): 9:04am On Jul 20, 2014
Nigeria the promiseland, Africa a great continent, we are....
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by 4congo: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2014
Drama, action movie, in fact Nigeria is Nollywood
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by shininglite(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2014
jayseehe: GEJ sponsors Boko Haram

who dey heck re u for GEJ to notice ...crawl back to ur hole Apc e-rat,nassarawa on d brink

37 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Awoofawo(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2014
angry

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Danhumprey: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2014

undecided
Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by patriotic007: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2014

GEJ will not charge you for treason just the way he will not charge all those instigating violence with treason.....HE will systematically drive APC into extinction......Ekiti is gone.Adamawa is gone.Osun is going.Nasarawa is going.Ogun is going........THE CLUELESS ONE IS CLUELESSLY DEALING WITH APC

70 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by emmykk(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2014
^^that is Cool

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Iamdagreatguy(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
This ombatse guys are just power hungry,,,they want him to go so that it'll be their turn to loot the state treasury.They shud wait for their tym. Btw,,excuse me pls,,,can u repeat wat pastor said just now

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 9:14am On Jul 20, 2014
We need to stop politicizing everything.......if his hands are clean,he should come out and defend himself or rather face impeachment..........GEJ,pls we want to know how lagos state funds are been spent plsssss

9 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by after1: 9:15am On Jul 20, 2014
This same Ombatse guys killed more than 60 security operatives and they walk away freely without been charged. hmmmmm. NIGERIA!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by emmykk(m): 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014

if presidential power hold you you eye go clear.

Nyako don enter underground.he will soon be decleared wanted.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014
Jonathan setting precedent for rule of law, probity and accountability. No more room for thieving politicians

19 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by bamite(m): 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014
jayseehe: i am gay and my dog fvcks me every nyt
pls wat do i do? tongue
go and fvck wet transformer

14 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Sirjohn84(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Why must everything be blame on #GEJ....na waha o o

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Ekans: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2014
A terrorist association openly associating with the PDP, how will violence end?

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by Dosinspector(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Sorry APC u can't reap where u did not sow,PDP still messi of Nigeria politics

8 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by godG: 9:19am On Jul 20, 2014
The Eggons are really rooted for his impeachment. It is strange that the largest ethnic group in the state is alien to the seat. Dude is an ex-governor already.

9 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by emmaliver(m): 9:22am On Jul 20, 2014

u are nobody. y will he notice u?

9 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by godG: 9:27am On Jul 20, 2014

Your arrest will be a sheer waste of resources. A nobody! smiley

10 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by rexzqcom(m): 9:28am On Jul 20, 2014
The Ombatse people are right. Clear conscience fears no accusations.

12 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by brownlords: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2014
koboko69: Why wouldn't they back PDP? They are just another branch of PDP sponsored terrorists or is this not the same group that killed over 100 security operatives

True, while boko haram, OPC and Islamic brotherhood is APC sponsored terrorist?

@topic, there was a country, wondering why shekau is yet to comment on the impeachment of nyako, if in support or against

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by blacksta(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2014
is this same group that killed 100 security persons

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment by ratiken(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2014
GEJ is fighting corruption. ... APC opposing the fight against corruption. If he is not guilty, he should go defend himself before the house.

APC - supporters of APC armed against the people.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Publishes Soludo as APGA's 2021 Anambra Governorship Candidate / 2023: Peter Obi Won’t Win South-west – Dele Momodu / $3M Bribery: Otedola Submits Evidence To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.