Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire (22742 Views)

Nil / How To Become A Billionaire In Naija. New Ideas / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
In the history of the world, no one has ever become a billionaire without venturing into one of the 30 businesses am about to unveil. So, I'll be right to tell you that you can only become a billionaire if you invest in one or more of the businesses I'll be talking about in few weeks to come.
It all started when I lost out of the CBN job early last year due to Nepotism all in the name of quota system in Nigeria (Topic for another day). I went on recess, decided to quit my bank job and what I got was a mind blowing revelation.
The list, brief details and examples of the 30 businesses is as follow:
(1) Discount and/or Specialty Store:
I was astounded to see that this type of business produced the highest number of billionaires world over. They never manufacture any product but acts as middlemen between manufacturers and the retailers and/or consumers. All they do is to have retail stores, online stores and direct sales force around the world.
Example of such companies are : Wal-Mart, Target, Shoprite, Aeon etc

(2)Banks:
Most of us believe that starting a Bank business on your own is impossible, but I want to tell you that few people with that belief actually took a step further and today they are self made billionaires. Banks deals with the provision of personal, corporate, Commercial, electronic banking services to the populace by investing money deposited by customers.
Examples are : Standard Chartered bank, Wells Fargo and co, JP Morgan Chase & co, Zenith etc

1 Like

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
(3) Oil and Gas Industry / Oil services and equipments :
I decided to join these two businesses because they are dependent on each other. Any one of them you venture into can make you a billionaire. While Oil & Gas deals with the exploration, development and production of crude and natural gas, the other deals with manufaturing of equipments used in drilling and production of crude oil. Some deals in retails of refined oil and trading of petroleum and natural gas.
Examples of such companies are:
Phillips66, BG group, Chevron, Shell, Oneck etc

2 Likes

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by acenazt: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmmmm nice one 27 more!! I hope to start a bank.

1 Like

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
(4) Telecommunication services / Communication equipments/softwares:
This making the list is no surprise to many. You can either provide the services by investing in those equipments or you manufacture the needed equipments. This are providers of communication information and entertainment products and services to the consumers, Mobile and fixed infrastructure, Network software solutions etc
Verison, MTN, GLO, Cisco, Axiata, Corning etc
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
(5) Insurance companies:
There are different types of insurance company one can venture into but the fact is that anyone you pick can get you to the top. You can start a diversified insurance company which encompasses Life insurance, property insurance, investment insurance etc or you choose others like Life and Health insurance, Property and casualty insurance, Pension solutions etc.
Scor, Ace, Aegon, Intact Financials,AIICO etc

1 Like

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
Let your comment flows. To be continued...
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
you need money. Atleast i know you mst have up to 50milliona for oil and gas
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by bigx(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
sseunth: you need money. Atleast i know you mst have up to 50milliona for oil and gas

And who told you that? Or you're just throwing arbitrary figures to console yourself?
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
bigx:

And who told you that? Or you're just throwing arbitrary figures to console yourself?
well, i read it on a site....so can you help me out with the figure
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by bigx(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
sseunth: well, i read it on a site....so can you help me out with the figure

What's the site?

Oil and Gas is vast so they might be talking of a specific niche,
You can get into the industry with as little as Your skills (and maybe a little cash for P.R, Company and DPR registration)
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
sseunth: you need money. Atleast i know you mst have up to 50milliona for oil and gas

Many wants to start big but its not always the case if you're not born with silver spoon. You can always start small with nothing but your idea can move you up the ladder. I once met with the owner of Ammasco International limited, he had an humble beginning, started with nothing and today, he dines and wines with kings and queens. You too can do that.
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
(6) Household and Personal Care:
I doubt there exist a home where something in this category are not used diurnally. These are businesses that ventures into cosmetics, body shop and dermatology, Paints coating, paper and solid wood products, packaging solutions etc. Also part of this category are home improvements, lawn and garden products and services.
Example of such companies are:
Tesco,Unilever,Sca,The Home depot, Lowe's cos etc

(7) Phamaceuticals:
If you want to know how great this kind of business venture is, visit the nearest hospital to you. Starting a company that creates phamaceutical products, phamaceutical services and benefits, Animal health and Health care benefit company can get you there.
Example of such:
Glaxosmith, Wellpoint, Merck & co, Pfizer, Aetna etc
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
bigx:

What's the site?

Oil and Gas is vast so they might be talking of a specific niche,
You can get into the industry with as little as Your skills (and maybe a little cash for P.R, Company and DPR registration)
ok...tell me more about it...what needs to be done...what i mst have to start ....etc
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by bigx(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
sseunth: ok...tell me more about it...what needs to be done...what i mst have to start ....etc

I just searched this thread, should get you started
https://www.nairaland.com/1167703/how-startup-oil-servicing-company-nigeria#13936650
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
bigx:

I just searched this thread, should get you started
https://www.nairaland.com/1167703/how-startup-oil-servicing-company-nigeria#13936650
thanks bro...i am studyn industrial chemistry...n i am nt wishin to work under anybody
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by bigx(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
sseunth: thanks bro...i am studyn industrial chemistry...n i am nt wishin to work under anybody

Welcome to the club, Registered my first company during I.T years back, and I.T was the last job I had,
Graduated Pet. Engineering
Start doing the groundwork now, if possible start the company now sef,
There's nothing to it, I was scared then but in hindsight, I should have started earlier

1 Like

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
(cool Computer Services:
In recent years, computer hardware and software producing companies have produced more billionaires in a short time than any other businesses. For ease of clarity, I have divided this into 6 distinct groups with each profitable enough to get you there.
The computer services are those providing IT services, business solutions and outsourcing. Others are providers of internet, mobile, online advertising services and telecommunication value added services etc
Example of such companies are:
Infosys, Amason, Accenture, Wipro, Tencent etc
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
bigx:

Welcome to the club, Registered my first company during I.T years back, and I.T was the last job I had,
Graduated Pet. Engineering
Start doing the groundwork now, if possible start the company now sef,
There's nothing to it, I was scared then but in hindsight, I should have started earlier
i have gone through the post but he stopped when things are getting interesting. Are you part of the people he helped or better still can you help me from where he stopped

1 Like

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by bigx(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
sseunth: i have gone through the post but he stopped when things are getting interesting. Are you part of the people he helped or better still can you help me from where he stopped

What he put up there is more than enough, to start a business you need to be a self starter,
Take that and move from there, do what's suggested, grow relationships and network with good brains in school with you, lecturers and co, they could all work with you or give you connects later.

No he didn't help me but I cant type long stories so I just searched and brought it up,

sseunth: pls if u dnt mind....all my questions wud be directed to u....now on that article, he was like oil servicing or so.....the article was on distrubuting oil and it fractionals n how to apply frm the companies like texaco, shell etc....am i right?....pls help me out

Don't want to derail OP's post so I'm replying here,
He talked of selling refined oil, petroleum, diesel and lubricants, you can do that by getting in touch with filling stations and organisations who need it and getting suppliers who have it for sale and making the difference as profits (I'm not into that so can't say much on it but I know a couple people who do it)
Applying to companies you talked about is if you have services or consumables to supply to them, fabrication, construction, consultancy, etc

@akaystum pls create space with placeholders (maybe fullstops) so your next posts come sequentially
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
bigx:

What he put up there is more than enough, to start a business you need to be a self starter,
Take that and move from there, do what's suggested, grow relationships and network with good brains in school with you, lecturers and co, they could all work with you or give you connects later.

No he didn't help me but I cant type long stories so I just searched and brought it up,
ok.thanks...i will work on it
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
(9) Semi Conductors:
In the present world, we all use phones, TVs, cameras, computers etc and see needs to save and move our datas around with ease. You can start a company that develops and manufacture memory conductors (Flash memory) and non-memory semi-conductor (CMOS image sensors) today and see your life transform with alacrity.
Broadcom, Qualcomm, Intel, ASML, Texas instruments

(10) Software and Programming:
The importance of computer softwares cannot be overemphasized. Starting a company that provides virtualisation based cloud infrastructures solutions and security, storage and systems management solutions can be get you there faster than you imagine.
Examples of such are:
SAP, Oracle, VMare, CA, Symantec etc
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
bigx:

pls if u dnt mind....all my questions wud be directed to u....now on that article, he was like oil servicing or so.....the article was on distrubuting oil and it fractionals n how to apply frm the companies like texaco, shell etc....am i right?....pls help me out
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by sseunth(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
pls can you add the requirements of each of the industries...cus i have interest in that oil and gas industry especially
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lets move ahead.
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
(11) Food Processing:
One of the basic things in life is food and this simply means that if you venture into this kind of business, the sky shall be the starting point. Businesses like processing of palm oil, oil seeds and grains, Rice, Flour, Animal feeds, Sugarcane Milling, Gums and mint, diary products are all good businesses. Engaging in animal slaughtering, meat-by-products and canned foods are also a sure bet.
Dangote Foods, Wilmar, Ajinomoto, Uni-President, Chobani etc.

1 Like

Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by achinaboy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
akaystum: In the history of the world, no one has ever become a billionaire without venturing into one of the 30 businesses am about to unveil. So, I'll be right to tell you that you can only become a billionaire if you invest in one or more of the businesses I'll be talking about in few weeks to come.
It all started when I lost out of the CBN job early last year due to Nepotism all in the name of quota system in Nigeria (Topic for another day). I went on recess, decided to quit my bank job and what I got was a mind blowing revelation.
The list, brief details and examples of the 30 businesses is as follow:
(1) Discount and/or Specialty Store:
I was astounded to see that this type of business produced the highest number of billionaires world over. They never manufacture any product but acts as middlemen between manufacturers and the retailers and/or consumers. All they do is to have retail stores, online stores and direct sales force around the world.
Example of such companies are : Wal-Mart, Target, Shoprite, Aeon etc

(2)Banks:
Most of us believe that starting a Bank business on your own is impossible, but I want to tell you that few people with that belief actually took a step further and today they are self made billionaires. Banks deals with the provision of personal, corporate, Commercial, electronic banking services to the populace by investing money deposited by customers.
Examples are : Standard Chartered bank, Wells Fargo and co, JP Morgan Chase & co, Zenith etc
now i remember u, Dangote told me that u are his pers advisable adviser
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by buJu234: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nice one; please keep them flowing thanks
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by millhouse: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2014
Following
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by IdeaCashKid(m): 10:13am On Jul 26, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by akaystum: 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
(12) Consumer Financial Services:

These are payment technology company using fast and reliable means of trasfering lucre. They produces charge and credit card products.

Example of these companies are:
American express, VISA, Discover, Orix, China trust

(13) Auto and Truck Manufacture
The world has tranform over the years, a journey of 1 day now take less than few second. All thanks to automobiles. An auto manufacturer is sure of becoming a billionare in a short time. Sales of automobiles, spare parts etc can also move take you there.

Examples are:

Honda, Toyota, Tata, Bridgestone, Nissan etc.

To be continued...Leave your comments.
Re: 30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire by chucky234(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nice thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Kebbi Wacot Rice Mill To Be Commissioned By Osinbajo Tomorrow / How I Was Scammed By Instaforex Broker Of $3600 / How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.