Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge (42910 Views)

Say No To Bleaching... "Black Is Beautiful" (pix) / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! / ***Hair For African Women*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by lilyafaten: 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Psychodavidovic: If bleaching will make you beautiful, BLEACH!!

You can't be ugly and be shouting 'Black is beautiful'

Whether you bleach oh, or you no bleach na for your pocket.

Lol.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
*Mtcheew* - a word is enough for the wise. As far as i'm concerned, if i ever get wedded to a yellow girl, and in the course of the marriage found out, that she bleached... O Boi! Nothing would stop me from gisting the police.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by traware(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Nigerian women bleach than any other women on earth. Its a FACT. The only country on earth thats proud to be black is Ghana. We have black star in our national flag, our senior national team is call da Black Stars, U-17(Black starlets), U-20(Black Satellites), U-23(Black Meteors), female national team is call the Black Queens, U-17(Black Maidens), U-20( Black Princess). National hockey team is call Black Sticks, national table tennis team is call Black Loopers, national basketball team is call Black Hands and the national boxing team is call the Black Bombers. We love who we are and we wont change. Nigerians suffer from inferiority complex and its very laughable when they say Ghanaians are too black hahaaaaaaaa. Lupita Nyongo is making it big in Hollywood and she is pure black no bleachinggggggg

#stopbleachinginnigeria# angry
Hmm...'Black Sticks'?,'Black Hands'? and 'Black Bombers'?...Sir,are Ghanians biological comedians?

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by nuges1(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
I don't need to read in detail b4 i knw what this thread is talking about,just scrolling thru i already got the gist
seriously i think our ladies have a complex problem no genuine man would date a lady cos she's light skinned....
Dbestmax: I came across a somewhat controversial article on
skin bleaching by African women in the UK
Telegraph, written by a Nigerian writer and lawyer,
Sede Alonge, and I thought to bring it here so we can
read and discuss. Sola makes a case for women who
bleach for why they shouldn't be made to feel like
they are betraying their race for wanting to change
their skin colour. Read below...

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by victorazy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Girls are like

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
i don't know why but i have never been attracted to a light skinned African lady. Never. if i'm with a Caucasian, let her be Caucasian... I love my lady dark skinned and slim, cant get enough tongue

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a dark skinned Nigerian chic/woman, to be honest.

Is it the make-up or most Nigerian females are either naturally caramel or light skinned?

Hahahaha they've all bleached themselves up, it's so funny.

They look mixed race now.

A Nigerian comedian said the best way to tell if a girl bleaches herself is by checking out her bikini region, they don't cream that place.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
bukatyne: And because her broother wasdark, she bleached? Every sibling in a family must the same complexion?

Dude, you can do better

Going by your theory, my cousins must have dipped themselves in bleach cos their brother is very dark or I must have dipped myself in cholocate because I am the darkest in my famiy

Nah! Not in this case.

You need to see the difference between the two of them, the contrast is so much.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Toks2008(m): 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Toks2008: Let the ladies continue to bleach while we niggas continue to rock.

I am black and proud. Duduyemi for life.
Even my older sis is black n proud

4 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Orikinla(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Majority of Nigerian men don't discriminate against dark skin girls and women. Those who do are immature.
But majority of Nigerian girls and women mistakenly think being fairer makes them prettier.
But they are wrong, because we (Nigerian men) can even find a darker looking girl or woman sexier and in fact dislike them when they bleach and look sickly with their veins showing on their arms and legs.

I have dated pure white blonde and dark and lovely black girls and women and accepted them as they come and what makes each of them pretty and sexy is not the colour of their skin, but their natural beautiful features of the face and figure and attitude.

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
BluIvy:

You can actually tell in some cases. Check the width and roundness of the nose.Most Mixed race light complexion individual have sharp nose as one of the tell tales.

Not a good enough way to tell, You can't rely on that.

Skin tone and hair texture are more reliable.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
50calibre:

Nah! Not in this case.

You need to see the difference between the two of them, the contrast is so much.

The first and second kids of this my cousin are white not fair. The saving grace are that they look like their dad.

I am talkin of 30+ yrs ago.

Their brother is very black not dark
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
grin grin grin cheesy
Blackchampion: Stop Bleaching
#Teamblackisbeautiful
grin
Blackchampion: Stop Bleaching
#Teamblackisbeautiful
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
bukatyne:

The first and second kids of this my cousin are white not fair. The saving grace are that they look like their dad.

I am talkin of 30+ yrs ago.

Their brother is very black not dark

So you mean dark parents gave birth to two white kids & a very dark one?

How about their hair, do they have black kinky hair?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by vision2050: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
CityNG: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. " MLK

Personally I'm matured enough to see beauty in any color. My two Ex Wives are both white Women (American and British) and my current Wife is Yoruba.

People should leave their life as they see fit as only they will live in their skin.
Three wives and still counting..... Hmm

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Mbediogu(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014

Beauty they say is only skin deep. Beauty also is said to lie in the eyes of the beholder. Those are sayings of the whiteman.
In Africa beauty touches on aspects of virtue, what you may call 'unseen and internal' beauty. I am an Igboman. Those who seek to draw attention through artificialities like bleached skins, tattoos and the like end up repelling those they seek to attract. Consider also that many expend large sums of money and take untold risk. They may attract drunks and wineheads. (in which case beauty has now come to lie in the eyes of the beer-holder). A lot of those who do such things do not know the consequences but are just playing 'catch up'. What they need is confidence which they can build in simpler and non invasive ways. God made us beautiful in myriad of ways. Be who you are. Praise God.

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by victorv12(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Majority of our Nigeria girls are too inferior. Any girl that bleach is cheap! They can be easily intimidated. Respect to ma cocoa sheen sisters!

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
50calibre:

So you mean dark parents gave birth to two white kids & a very dark one?

How about their hair, do they have black kinky hair?

The parents are very fair

Their hair, nose is nigerian

Their last daughter is cholocate.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
77% my foot! Where did she get such silly statistics from. I think this whole skin colour thing is being exaggerated on the internet. In the Nigeria I know skin colour is not this much of an issue. Also in Nigeria, guys don't discriminate against dark skinned women. The fact is that if your pretty and have what it takes, guys will chase you irrespective of your skin colour.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by gogodaye(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
From time immemorial dark skinned African women have increasingly found it difficult to overcome the inferiority complex the suffer from & have increasingly sought recourse to skin whiteners, wearing of contact eye lenses, fake toe & finger nails, the frying of their hairs & the donning of fake wigs to look like white coloured women.
What a confused lot........throwing away their unique identity for one that they really can't don.......

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by showby: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Black or White!

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by kalufelix(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Yeye thread...

wetin concern BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL
with some bitches bleachin their skin...

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL...
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
bukatyne:

The parents are very fair

Their hair, nose is nigerian

Their last daughter is cholocate.

Fair enough!! Some black people are naturally of lighter skin tone.

Chris brown a very good example
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by rexzqcom(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
bukatyne:

Is the white woman also silly for trying to tan her skin?

Will you hear other whites chantng 'white is beautiful' to her?

An average Nigerian does not even think of self hate when bleaching sef

Yes the white spend multiple millions of dollars to educate their people on the skin cancers effects of sun, chemicals and studios tanning. Quess what, tanning is not as common among them, as bleaching is among Nigerians. Even those who do it among them, does it occasionally.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
They are lighter than Chris Brown

A lot of 'blacks' are fair; there are several shades from black to 'white'

Honestly, black 'blacks' are in the minority

50calibre:

Fair enough!! Some black people are naturally of lighter skin tone.

Chris brown a very good example
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ngirl1: 77% my foot! Where did she get such silly statistics from. I think this whole skin colour thing is being exaggerated on the internet. In the Nigeria I know skin colour is not this much of an issue. Also in Nigeria, guys don't discriminate against dark skinned women. The fact is that if your pretty and have what it takes, guys will chase you irrespective of your skin colour.

you dey mind them? Thats how they came up with the most people live below a dollar a day nonsense and the bad thing is ppl fall for such nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by tomiobj(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2014

d gal looks bera black. The pic on the right is just like she just escaped from a freezer

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Yes, it should be the woman's business to choose whether to bleach or not but the method in which bleaching is done is what concerns me.....

1) Most bleaching creams have carcinogenic chemicals that could have adverse effects ...

2) Being black and having a darker skin has more heath benefits and the health benefits outweigh the cosmetic aspect of it.... Darker skins are good at protecting the skin from UV rays, hence why Caucasians are advised to use Sun creams, something nature has given to dark skinned people freely. Bleaching erodes what nature has perfected into us for 1000s of years

3) There is the talk of extreme weather patterns happening in the future, we will see more intense temperatures and more solar rays due to global warming.. Being a darker person might have its advantages......

The only Most beautiful woman that Africa has ever produced, Agbani Darego, is dark (brown-skinned), so the concept of black women being less attractive is false.... Gabrielle Union...mmmmmmmmmmmm

I personally like dark-skinned women because with lighter women, any single rash or skin irritation is always visible, especially in close up areas... wink wink

Beauty can be found in any colour and a fresh and smooth skin will always supersede anything else.... Give me a really dark girl with smooth and soft skin all over, and I'm game...

Skin health should always take more leverage over skin tone......

2 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
vision2050: Three wives and still counting..... Hmm

Life is too short to surfer in a bad relationship. I pity those that are staying married even though their marriage is a putrid dead zone.

So yes I'm proud of my life.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by paix(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Guykhena: *sighs*
African Girls would put on FAKE hair
African Girls would put on FAKE eyes
African Girls would put on FAKE assets
African Girls would put on FAKE skin(bleaching).

And yet they would be the one saying "I Want A REAL Man"? undecided
Everything about them from head to toes is fake. Check their nails, they look like human eagles.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Guykhena: *sighs*
African Girls would put on FAKE hair
African Girls would put on FAKE eyes
African Girls would put on FAKE assets
African Girls would put on FAKE skin(bleaching).

And yet they would be the one saying "I Want A REAL Man"? undecided

So here's my take.

Once you've had an opportunity to travel and date Women, you will find out that Women are for all practical purposes the same all over the world.

The underlying issue is lack of self esteem and buying into advertisement, mostly.

For every single thing you've listed there, some American Women (white) do ALL of them, yes including bleaching. They won't call it bleaching but instead call it toning or erasing blemishes, etc

This brings me back to an earlier thread on here about the difference between illiteracy and exposure.

PS: Sometimes when I'm watching Nollyweird movies, the simple village girls and house girls are outstandingly more beautiful than the main tarted up star madams.

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by paix(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
nikkypearl: I will always rock my black! tongue
. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“I Have Never For Once Used Eyebrow Pencil In My Life” - Lady Says / Anna Banner From Bayelsa Crowned MBGN 2013 / New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.