Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge (42911 Views)

Say No To Bleaching... "Black Is Beautiful" (pix) / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! / ***Hair For African Women*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by tonychristopher: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
she fixed a Peruvian hair then went ahead to fix eye lashes then eye brows not yet not done she fixed contact lenses not yet done she went ahead to fix fake nails then do breast enlargement and padded her backside nobody is talking about the tattoo on her body like a sign post . she is not done yet she did put an artificial hymen . but still not yet okay to cap it all she speaks in a funny English accent with a bleached skin . then tell me who will go for this type and introduce it to mum

you see them in churches and offices trying to be super woman but all name wash

so much artificiality here ...may lord deliver us. Adam was lucky with eve you know
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by njiaka(f): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Girls dat tone their skin are not to be blamed, Cos some guys prefer light complexion girls to dark ones undecided
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
For me, the darker the better! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
bukatyne:

Is the white woman also silly for trying to tan her skin?

Will you hear other whites chantng 'white is beautiful' to her?

An average Nigerian does not even think of self hate when bleaching sef

This is the fallacy of two wrongs make a right.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Dcmg(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Guykhena: *sighs*
African Girls would put on FAKE hair
African Girls would put on FAKE eyes
African Girls would put on FAKE assets
African Girls would put on FAKE skin(bleaching).

And yet they would be the one saying "I Want A REAL Man"? undecided
BGOOOZAA!
This guy is wanted by the Nigeria military.He was responsible for the blast that killed 270 Girls on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by BigBen10: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2014

you forgot to add fake accent and persona

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by vision2050: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
CityNG:

Life is too short to surfer in a bad relationship. I pity those that are staying married even though their marriage is a putrid dead zone.

So yes I'm proud of my life.
if you continue like this you won't be please... No woman will please a man. I hear you keep tasting....
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by vision2050: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by 50calibre(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
bukatyne: They are lighter than Chris Brown

A lot of 'blacks' are fair; there are several shades from black to 'white'

Honestly, black 'blacks' are in the minority

That's not true, no 100% black person (regardless of parents skin shade) can look white, probably like a tanned white person, but definitely not white. It's not possible except there's an anomaly somewhere.

There are different shades of black people, but they range from black - very light/fair, not white. Even more than 90% of mixed races individuals (black & white) don't look white.

Besides "black" black people are not in the minority, c'mon that's ridiculous.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Kyase(m): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
justi4jesu:

As charged...oya do ur worst tongue
ok come my house
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Missmossy(f): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Its really no surprise,the average Nigerian babe wishes to use fair and whitecheesy

You can't be whiter than snow white biko "grin" its everywhere.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by bukatyne(f): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
My white was in quotes

How many black people do you know?

Black kurukuru?

50calibre:

That's not true, no 100% black person (regardless of parents skin shade) can look white, probably like a tanned white person, but definitely not white. It's not possible except there's an anomaly somewhere.

There are different shades of black people, but they range from black - very light/fair, not white. Even more than 90% of mixed races individuals (black & white) don't look white.

Besides "black" black people are not in the minority, c'mon that's ridiculous.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by BankuTilapia2: 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
traware: Hmm...'Black Sticks'?,'Black Hands'? and 'Black Bombers'?...Sir,are Ghanians biological comedians?

Not as stupiddddd as nigerians though. A pit latrine
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
vision2050: if you continue like this you won't be please... No woman will please a man. I hear you keep tasting....

I'm thankful for my life and matured enough to appreciate where I am at.

My first marriage was for 5 years and the second was for 13 years. I'm too matured to be "tasting". You seem to have an issue with me because I chart my own course.

Life is too fleeting to be surrounded by negativity. You'll figure this out in due time, you must be young yet since you believe the very juvenile "no woman will please a man" BS.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2014

can you blame them? Everything they do is to look beautiful so you can love them. Or are they doing all these to amuse themselves? No. A beautiful light skinned wife/gf is considered the ultimate catch a real man can make. Lets not act like hypocrites here. Most would agree with me that the lady pictured above looks far more better after bleaching

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
can you blame them? Everything they do is to look beautiful so you can love them. Or are they doing all these to amuse themselves? No. A beautiful light skinned wife/gf is considered the ultimate catch a real man can make. Lets not act like hypocrites here. Most would agree with me that the lady pictured above looks far more better after bleaching

Says who?

Now we're getting into the ridiculous zone.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Ladybluecash(f): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Talk abt bleaching, talk abt yorubas. Dem tooo much for bleachin bizness

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by chegx(m): 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
skyface00: you can do the needful grin

and whats the needfull?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Darteyyyy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
chulla12: Black people are the subjects of social programming and they don't know it. The media attaches racial consciousness into everything Black people do. Why is that?

Why is it that this stigma of "self-hatred" does not follow white people who tan and get implants, dye their hair blonde when natural blondes are a minority in the white population?

Why doesn't this stigma follow Asians who get eyelid surgery, whose ladies marry white men in record numbers?

Why doesn't this stigma follow Indians who practice skin color casting and bleach their skin?

Why doesn't this stigma follow Jews who get nose jobs and straighten their hair?

Why are only black people labelled self-hating? Is there an end-game to this media bombardment? I think that they want to attach this stigma to us to give others reason to label us as ugly and discriminate against us.

I wish Black people would stop allowing our racial obsessions to feed articles like this which destroy our collective self esteem...which is low already.

I just noticed that this article was published in the UK Telegraph...a decidedly biased medium.

A million likes to your intellectual view on this matter.

Everything is racial.... And to crown it all we're being racial to ourselves.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
I am dark and very very beautiful grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Darteyyyy(m): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Agozie48: for me I have no problems with girls that bleach... Society has discriminated black people in every manner so you won't really blame them if they start toning their skin colour just to fit in...

You're right, the society has played a huge role in the subject matter, but is bleaching the solution?

I really don't think it is if you ask me.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Darteyyyy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
temitak: I am dark and very very beautiful grin grin

Cool.... I'm dark too and very very handsome.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sssob: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
xage: I have a colleague we named duduyemi due to her shinning black complexion now she's whiter than Magret Thatcher within an interval of 1 year

You my friend are to blame because you bullied and teased her till her self confidence gave in...you are d reason why she bleached ...jeje lo dudu ..so when ever you see her, let ur conscience prick you because you are a partaker.

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Ishilove: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
CityNG: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. " MLK

Personally I'm matured enough to see beauty in any color. My two Ex Wives are both white Women (American and British) and my current Wife is Yoruba.

People should leave their life as they see fit as only they will live in their skin.
@bolded, Na you biko grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
CityNG:

Says who?

Now we're getting into the ridiculous zone.
you obviously missed the 'is considered' part
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
how do we know you are saying the truth? undecided
Darteyyyy:

Cool.... I'm dark too and very very handsome.
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by revelationuche: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
NIgerian men are simply the cause. [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
you obviously missed the 'is considered' part

Please stop playing with words and meanings.

Who exactly said that? You or are you going to submit quote?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by sarmiie(m): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
nanizle: Women bleach their skin for the same reason the they relax their hair or/and fix artificial hair. TO LOOK LIKE EUROPEANS.

Slave Mentality.

nope.....i disagree wif d slave mentality thing.. It's more like herd conformity..sometimes u really cant blame dem. Society is d great moralizer, after all......n society says, to be light is to b d sun. Who can argue wif dt??.....its also y i think deeper lifers av a lil bit of truth to their former rule of no t.v...for me, it's ''no t.v till my son/daughter is abt 10, n dia basic subconcious pattern is already set''...

1 Like

Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ishilove:
@bolded, Na you biko grin grin

Sorry, what does biko mean?
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by okeoghene4real(f): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
beauty they say is in the eyes of the beholder.

my hubby love me the way i am, so why should i bleach my skin undecided
Re: African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge by Darteyyyy(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
temitak: I am dark and very very beautiful grin grin
temitak: how do we know you are saying the truth? undecided

And how do I know you're telling the truth too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“I Have Never For Once Used Eyebrow Pencil In My Life” - Lady Says / Anna Banner From Bayelsa Crowned MBGN 2013 / New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.