|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,909,122 members, 7,016,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 11:30 AM
|20 Things U Need 2 Know B4 Ur Pearl Jubilee by Niftyrules(m): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2014|
Below herein are the 20 things you've got to Know before you clock your thirtieth birthday.
1. Discover yourself- Greatness is not the amassing of wealth but the amount of contribution you've made to life via your self discovery. There is a treasure of Chest in you, you've got show it. The world doesn't respect people with grey hair, but men who had discovered themself. A man who cannot discover himself, cannot be stable and consistent in his life.
2. Learn how to solve problem with your giftings- Before you're thirty, you should learn how to solve problems correctly. The presence of a gift is not as important as to how it works. The Bible in Proverbs 17 Vs 8, says for as long as man can make good use of this gift of his, it prospers or rather proffer solution. The treasure in you have the ability to engage you for life
3. Catch some ideas on how to make money- Before you clock your thirtieth birthday you must already have a source through which finance of your day to day needs are been met. If you're an author or probably an aspiring book publisher, put up your work together and show to men that has gone ahead you in your field to either edit, proofread or even give to you some professional advice as to how you succeed in it.
And kindly NB, you make money out of so many people's ignorance. No one will ever pay for what he already knew.
4. Must have known the definition of love- before you clock your pearl Jubilee as often called. You must have gotten the basic concept of love and what is embedded in the word 'love'. Many young people are often confused as to some love related expressions for instance when someone walk up to you look straight into your eyes brings up a smile and suddenly says "I love you". What is love when somebody say I love you. You cannot say you love someone you met for the first time, you can only get attracted to him or her on the first impression. At thirty you ought to know love is a responsibility, choice to give, not about exploiting someone else. Love is worth studying, worth waiting for and if he or she claims he loves you, he will pass through the rigors and go through the African, European or probably Nigerian gradual process of intending couple familairizing themselves with both family.
5. You must have learnt how to propose- At your thirtieth birthday, you should have learnt or even mastered the art of proposing to a lady. You should be funny and at the same time pass your main intention across to the lady. You need not start lecturing or telling some cock and bull story. Go straight to business, get the scales off her eyes and make her see 'things'
6. You must have read 30 books- As you gradually approach your thirtieth birthday you must have been able to have at least a mini library of your own with books. Not just book there for decoration but books, that you will read and some that you've read. Someone once said, "he who does not read is not better than he who cannot read". That is, what is the difference between you and an illiterate if you would not read. At thirty at least, you should have read a minimum of thirty books. Books that would inspire you, teach you about life, tailor your lifestyle and teach you on how to be successful in the general sense. Just going to school is never enough, your classroom knowledge will not do it all, but those drops of water in the books you read makes of you a large body of water called ocean. Infact you've got to learn, to save (money) for books. Books are meant to give value to your life, it is another beautifier you must have come across.
7. Before you're thirty, you should have a Pastor . At thirty you should be responsible enough to have a pastor for yourself, preferably your assembly Pastor. Your Pastor could be compared to as a guiding angel in whom you can confide in and who also will impact knowledge into you. Read Jeremiah 3 vs 15. But note carefully, you don't choose your Pastor but you discover him.
8. Before you're thirty, you should be known for something. The question tag here is; what is the worth of your name if mentioned anywhere. What will folks say about you each time men pronounce your name in full. Great men are not known for many things, but they are known for something. Today, Tiger wood is known for golf playing, Lionel Messi football, Bill Gate Microsoft, Mike Adenuga Globacom, William sisters Tennis. I even wonder how you had mentioned what they were known for before I did. To be continued tomorrow.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57