Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (26669 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
Cybermugu1: RIP English!
grincheesygrin
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by olaezebala: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
R.I.P
Even though u've been forgotten by many and the nation, ur death will automatically make u a hero as it's alway been in our country.
We don't appreciate people wen alive but sing praises of them wen they are gone.
Sleep on.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Joshuadon: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
englishmart: Ehya

wat z eeya...............

[size=15pt]cant u talk sense for once[/size]
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by billyG(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
If he died in Austria he shld be buried in Austria in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Ichel: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
They don dey go!
One by....,.,..,,...,..,.

3 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by slap1(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Bimpe29: May Allah forgive his sins & shower mercy on his soul.
Are you kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
natureblack: what has the death of the ex minister got to do with Diezani ?RIP to the ex minister though.
it has everything to do with the corrupt and bloody looter!!! Like my father will always say- " i love money but i will also love to make money in the right way"

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Omexonomy: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
teufelein: ..may he rot in hell....allah is great.
from a wowan and the mother of future children.

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by shortgun(m): 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Was this not the Minister who disobeyed GEJ?

The President(acting then) had asked all the Ministers not to leave the country. Rizwan lukman told people that he doesn't take his orders from Goodluck Jonathan and immediately traveled out the country.

R. I. P

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
...Though i don't know much about the dead man but there is always something to say about a dead man...

R.I.P sire!
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by shiffynaani(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
R.i.p according to your deeds

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chai!! MR FUEL SCARCITY.. .may there be ENUFF Fuel where you are headed. in JESUS NAME. AMEN wink
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by englishmart(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joshuadon:

wat z eeya...............

[size=15pt]cant u talk sense for once[/size]
look at this young man.
Is it that you can't mind your business or what? Didn't u see I have modified it. ?
You are very quick in criticising someone.
You better watch it.
I play for chelsea while you play for nembe stars. The gap is enormous
I'm not in your league o.

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by EMMABC1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
I wish we can have more of this set of people dying geometrically daily. This man used his position to allot most of d oil blocs to himself and d northern behemoth. Under his administration, NNPC, PPMC, DPR, PPRA, Refineries were littered with mediocres and school drop-outs frm the NW and NE. He nearly succeeded in relocating PTI in Warri to Kaduna but for d resistance of Niger deltans. What more can we say about a man who despite his education and experience,was largely responsible for the decay and corruption in the oil and gas sector.

5 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by ogb5(m): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
shortgun: Was this not the Minister who disobeyed GEJ?

The President(acting then) had asked all the Ministers not to leave the country. Rizwan lukman told people that he doesn't take his orders from Goodluck Jonathan and immediately traveled out the country.

R. I. P

He was the one. After being in the corridor of power and at the helm of Nigeria oil money for a very long time, he felt he was too big to obey an acting President. GEJ quickly showed in the way out of the cabinet.

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by dasoul(m): 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
may his humble soul rest in peace. ....I met him while on IT at d NNPC towers in abj, he had such a humbling personality......very unlike Diezani. Haters...That guy was OPEC (whose headquarters is vienna, Austria) Gen Sec for 5years, put in his shoes, wouldn't own a mansion there? keep hating...he has lead his own life. may God grant him eternal rest.

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by retepmurt(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
cr7lomo: Wow unbelievable , my dad worked wit him on d board of nnpc in 2001 wen he was chairman board nnpc . Rip sir , rili enjoyed ur time as chairman
Enough money(goodies) for the family abi?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by doctimi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Its quite unfortunate lots of people are too quick to judge. This is one of the few nigerians with impeccable integrity and astute brilliance. Or y'all think been a OPEC president comes cheap? Just yesteday, I read Dele Momodu's article where talked about persuading the late doctor to run as a vice presidential candidate with Olu Falae back in 1998. You may Read the excerpt here...

''I bought my own ticket to Vienna, Austria, where Dr Rilwan Lukman was OPEC President. I met a man who sat atop one of the most powerful institutions on earth and was excited that he had agreed to meet me for whatever it was worth. We drove to his official residence which was under renovation and had dinner. I was very humbled when this great man jumped into his car and personally drove me to the Intercontinental Hotel which he had already booked for me to stay. We later sat in the hotel to discuss the main reasons I came to see him. I gave him the full background to my mission and how Chief Falae would love to have him as his Vice Presidential candidate.

Dr Lukman was very surprised that a young man like me (I was 38 at the time) would have the idea, nay audacity, to suggest his name and even persuade a Presidential candidate that he was the way forward. He was even more astounded that I had spent my own money to travel. He said many would have used the opportunity to extort money from him and Chief Falae. I told him I would have lost respect of both of them if I did. He went on to thank me and also told me to express his profound gratitude to Chief Falae for his faith in him. He said he had no doubts about the competence of Chief Falae and the consolidated benefits of his stupendous knowledge, experience and expertise in Economics and Banking. He said all the nicest things before adding a caveat, like my old Principal, Reverend Father F. Cloutier, would have done. And it was a bombshell.

Dr Lukman said if not for the renovation going on in his residence, he would have preferred that I stayed with him at home as this would have made it possible for us to interact more and demonstrate how Nigeria is controlled by some powerful forces who do not sleep at night. He confirmed that the Nigerian Mafia had decided that General Obasanjo must return to power. To say I was stunned and shocked is an understatement. As sleepy and narcoleptic as I felt, my eyes cleared immediately. I asked what the whole purpose of holding elections was, if results had already been predetermined, sealed and delivered! The look on his face was that of a man who saw through my plain naiveté, simple ignorance or both. He told me the godfathers and kingmakers would erect all the structures needed to select and coronate the king at the appropriate time.

I left Vienna a sad man. And landed in Nigeria a dejected soul. I was confronted with the reality that those who killed June 12 were not yet in retirement. They were not going to embalm and keep it in a mausoleum as a lesson to future generations. June 12 would be cremated and its ashes scattered to the winds. Those promoting Obasanjo had done their research well. They wanted a Yorubaman who was neither a fan of Abiola nor a believer of June 12. They got the added bonus of a man who was also not vehemently interested in his kinsmen but was keen to shout to anyone who cared to listen that he is a detribalised Nigerian – as if there was any such Nigerian in practice after Abiola!''

RIP to the great Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by lilmax(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
scribble: somebody tell diezani that even with mansion in Austria, there is no guarantee one might live forever
same goes to you

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by retepmurt(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
One of the 'siphons' of our oil
RIP though!
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by 9jahubcom(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
rip
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by 9jahubcom(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
retepmurt: One of the 'siphons' of our oil
RIP though!
haha, na wa oh,..
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by mkoabiola: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ds man really enjoy oil money.
Dezeani nva enjouy reach ds man
Rip
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Joshuadon: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
englishmart: look at this young man.
Is it that you can't mind your business or what? Didn't u see I have modified it. ?
You are very quick in criticising someone.
You better watch it.
I play for chelsea while you play for nembe stars. The gap is enormous
I'm not in your league o.

[size=15pt]lol definitely u cant be in ma league cus pigeon flocks together while eagles soar alone...dont be zo pessimistic[/size]
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by eledacedar(f): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Omexonomy: At least he eat from the oil revenue in his life time

No be just say he eat o! He chop bellefull, throway again sef.

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by ican2020: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Those who murder sleep will not rest in peace
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
y utter such word whn u urcef dnt knw whr u wil end.......let God judge him according 2 his belief n deeds...indeed Allah is Great!
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by 1stola: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
experimentist: Who kill him
INGRISH grin

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by atlwireles: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
He left all that money behind. Returning as he came. I wish, I have something good to say.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by 1stola: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Silly bimbo
Your market no sell well last night abi, or your customer no gree pay?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by englishmart(m): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joshuadon:

[size=15pt]lol definitely u cant be in ma league cus pigeon flocks together while eagles soar alone...dont be zo pessimistic[/size]
what has pessimism got to do here?
I'm Sorry for you.
Like I said earlier, chelsea and nembe city no be mate. Play in your local league while I enjoy my life here.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Jabioro: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ba seje! Why did he died in foreign land,after all he spoil his own papa land! Hell fire str8!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Releases Official Portrait / Expect More Boko Haram Attacks – Lai Mohammed / More Police Officers Arrive Lekki Toll Gate (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.