Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On (28966 Views)

The Founder Of The Christ Embassy Chris Oyakhilome Has Been Removed As A Trustee / Chris Oyakhilome Has Six Weeks To Reconcile With His Wife / Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by donnie(m): 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2008
Goodbye Elder (Dr) T. E. Oyakhilome -See You On The Other Side.

Please Join me and thousands of believers around d World to celebrate d life of a great Man of God, Elder (Dr) T. Oyakhilome, the father of the great apostle of God, prophet to the nations, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

Well recognized among d family of Assemblies of God Nigeria, He ws until his death, the Dean of studies @ the Loveworld Ministerial College(LMC). He hs taught n mentored many great men of God.

Well known for His teachings on Escatology (study of the end times), He ws a man of faith, full of the Spirit, who lived an examplary life and inspired others everywhere he went.

I hv a friend who always loved to recall one of his messages @ CEC Port Harcourt where he taught saying that that throne of grace where we as children of God are encouraged in scripture to approach to obtain mercy and grace will one day be no more as it will hv bn turned into The Throne of Judgement!
Many esp those who've attended the LMC hv one thing or d other to say about him.

I'D miss him. Anybody's got something to say?
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by pilgrim1(f): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2008
donnie:

I'D miss him. Anybody's got somethin to say?

Thank you donnie, for bringing this to our attention. May his godly memory continue to bless many, and the blessing return many fold to his family.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by AKO1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2008
Amen.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Africankel(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2008
Elder Oyakhilome was a man full of the Spirit, the news of his demise came like a wind of tormoil to our hearts, what can we say to these things? As you walk with God in the higher realms of glory, may you continue to have a greater revelation of His person, I believe there'll be alot you have to tell us when we meet in heaven, We Love you so much, Rest in Peace Sir!
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Backslider(m): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2008
that that throne of grace where we as children of God are encouraged in scripture to approach to obtain mercy and grace will one day be no more as it will hv bn turned into The Throne of Judgement!

Very true
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2008
Adieu Papa!!

May God empower our Generation to be usefull unto him

Just as Elder T. Oyakhilome was usefull unto the Glory of the Almighty.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by huxley(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2008
May his "soul" rest in peace. And may his Pastor son not use this passing to garner sympathy and promote is "ministry".
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by lysaa(f): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2008
A great man has left big footsteps in the sands of time. . was a force to reckon with. A humble and yet was highly spirited. A teacher, a leader, a father, a mentor. . the list goes on. U held on to ur calling till u left, such a bundle of inspiration.

I would miss u papa. Adieu.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Okijajuju1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2008
Why are ya'll callling him papa?? Is he your daddy or something??

Hells, I dont know the fellow but I will pay my respects.

Mr. T Oyakhilome, I never knew you, never heard of you and I am sure I crossed your path ever,
But from what I have read so far its apparent that you left some plesant memories in the hearts of the few who knew you.
Apparently you are a christian so I hope you go to where christians go when they die.
Hope you enjoyed your stay whilst you were alive,
Rest peacefully,
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by lysaa(f): 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2008
Okija_juju:

Why are ya'll callling him papa?? Is he your daddy or something??

Is it only a man thats responsible for ur birth thats ur father?

FYI, He showed fatherly love and support so he's my father. plus he was an elder.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by GoldCircle: 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2008
May his soul rest in Peace! make we all talk small small abeg. No body holy pass!!
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by hubreality(m): 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2008
This was made known to us today in Church by our beloved Pastor Lanre at the LCC Ikeja. I thank God for our elder's life well spent to the glory of God. He indeed made an impact in our generation. A glorious departure here on earth to be with our Lord Jesus Christ. God's grace is sufficient to the glory of Jesus in the family of my beloved mentor and pastor, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's family. Jesus is Lord. Hallelujah!
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by nwakaibe(m): 7:52am On Oct 13, 2008
A chapter has closed.I never met him but only saw him in some tapes. May God strengthen his family. May He may grant Rev Chris, Rev Anita, Rev Ken, and others grace to bear the loss.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by oloriooko(m): 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2008
What a man he was.
Thank God for the life well spent. May God grant the children grace to bear the loss.
Adieu Papa.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by donnie(m): 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2008
Thanx guys for ur expressions of love. You can send ur condolences to the family via sms: 07057020331 or email: messages@christembassy.com
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by obinna5000(m): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2008
What a sad news. cry
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen. cry
My condolences to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome & family.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by deebrain(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2008
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD GOOD PEOPLE LEAVE US ALONE??
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by MissyB1(m): 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2008
May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by bintab(f): 8:47am On Oct 15, 2008
I was sad when i heard the news in the states but i braced my heart to celebrate his life as that is what he will actually want us that remained on heart to do and learn continuously from him still.My heart reach out to all the loves one he left behind , may the good God continue to uphold them in His strenght. E sun re o ,
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by cchamp(m): 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2008
with love in my heart i say rest in perfect peace sir!you are sure an inspiration to many around the world.thank you for raising such a great man of God for the world.you have been great.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Pk001(m): 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2008
A life to be celebrated. See u on the other side. Adieu Papa
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by tamashley(f): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2009
smileyThanks to Elder [Dr] TE Oyakhilome, the truths about the End Times became personal to me, he was indeed a GREAT MAN!! Thanks to him, we have Pastor Chris Oyakhilome today!!
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by ajokeakin: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2009
hmmmn CE members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Tudor3(m): 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2009
I'll pay my respects too but i'd like to ask, why didn't pastor chris deliver/heal his own father? Is his faith not strong enough? If god wanted to take him i'm sure theres many chariots of fire to come whisk him away to heaven.
Basic principle; we ALL die and no pastor or magician can give you long life.
Rest in peace dude.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by oyinda3(f): 11:58pm On Jun 07, 2009
ohh his father died not him.
I was shocked for a sec shocked shocked
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by donnie(m): 3:01am On Jun 09, 2009
Tùdor:

I'll pay my respects too but i'd like to ask, why didn't pastor chris deliver/heal his own father? Is his faith not strong enough? If god wanted to take him i'm sure theres many chariots of fire to come whisk him away to heaven.
Basic principle; we ALL die and no pastor or magician can give you long life.
Rest in peace dude.

Eyaah, So u think everyone must leave this world by sickness or some mishap?

Reports have it that he was with his wife having devotion. His wife raised choruses, but he did not respond as expected.

He just sat down staring and remaining mute.

This made her troubled and after trying and failing to get him to speak, sent for one of the relatives who was also an elderly man and a christian. They both
tried to get Elder T. to speak but he would not. When his wife gave up and sat back the relative continued until Elder T. finally spoke the words, 'Into your hands i commend my spirit.' 'Dont say that' the relative insisted. . . 'say I shall not die but live to declare the works of the Lord' and each time he did, Elder T. repeated the same words 'Into your hands i commend my spirit' and gave up the ghost.
What a way to leave this world. He uttered the same words as our Lord Jesus and Stephen when they left this world. He wanted to leave and that is why he refused to speak those words while his wife persuaded him to speak. They were very close.

He did not die of sickness, he checked out the way a man of God should. We are not victims but victors over death. Death has been defeated. Do you hear me?!
He was a man of God indeed.
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by Tudor3(m): 6:20am On Jun 09, 2009
^^^ you expect me to believe all this?
Re: Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On by donnie(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
Well, believing is ur choice. I heard the story from the family. I mean, why will someone lie with such a thing?

(1) (Reply)

Nasarawa Pilgrim Returns N.5m To Afghan Mate, Gets Free Hajj Seat(pic) / T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Reinhard Bonnke To Host Nigeria Gospel Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.