Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Training Up A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Training Up A Child (2246 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Training Up A Child by sangreal: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2008
Train up a child he should go or the way you want him to go which is more profitable
Re: Training Up A Child by Em2va: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2008
Every child born has a God given destiny or fate, and whether you like it or not, the child will growup
doing something you probably never predicted he would do. Every one was born great, but it could be greatness
in armed robbery, or service to humanity, greatness in the medical world or surgery or in abortion, greatness in
promoting people or tearing them down, it all depends on their destiny or fate, all you should do is
follow your bible, train him up in the right way the rest in left to God to handle.
Re: Training Up A Child by iice(f): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2008
Guide him/her but don't try to turn him/her into you or try to live through him/her.
Re: Training Up A Child by sangreal: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2008
iice has really hit it train thechild guide him or her but dnt ever try to make him look like u
Re: Training Up A Child by favcom(m): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2008
Read Proverbs 22:6
That should help
Re: Training Up A Child by Ohnow: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2008
Parents have a spiritual obligation to guide their kids and not impose their will on dem or try to live thru dem. But more than anything else, I think one should study and appreciate each child’s uniqueness and ask God to help you guide and raise them.
Re: Training Up A Child by Comfort86(f): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2008
favcom:

Read Proverbs 22:6
That should help

Proverbs 22:6 (King James Version)

6Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Word!
Re: Training Up A Child by Kajiang02(m): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2008
Baff am in d morning,
Teach him Morals,
Read at night for him b4 sleeping at bedside
He should be ur best frend too
show and xpress mutual love
smack ans scold him wen he errors and mke him knw he fuckd up
teach him hw to acknowledge his errs and apologise

i'll write more
Re: Training Up A Child by jidoma: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2008
New in this forum,how many parents have time,naira and kobo ko je.GOD will help us all.our children are the future
Re: Training Up A Child by slyk2(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2008
show the child the way he will grow.

its left for him or her to choose what he wants in life.
just direct them.
Re: Training Up A Child by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2008
@ poster

live by example

children follow what they see their parents do

and Parents, follow the scriptures
Re: Training Up A Child by pspeak: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2008
Have a clear picture of the kind of adult you want your child to grow into. I'm not talking money, fame, profession, etc. I'm talking character, virtue, attitude, etc.

Baptize the child with unconditional love.

Live the way you want your child to live. Become who you want your child to become.

Instruct diligently and skillfully. Don't become too preachy or boring, but be consistent. Don't say one thing today and another tomorrow. teach life skills and not just your thwarted experiences of bitterness and pain. e.g. "All men are evil" (just because 10 men jilted you before you got "wiser" and hooked their father).

Discipline positively and sensitively. Make sure your discipline is done right. For your info, discipline is not all about punishment. It is training and education in the issues of life, so that the child is able to not only fulfill his/her potentials, but contribute effectively to his/her life, family, community and make the world a better place.
Re: Training Up A Child by danaz(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2008
we have a problem, society has a problem, we no how to train up a child,but the result is what we see in society today, u can see we have a problem, big one
Re: Training Up A Child by Andala: 1:23am On Oct 31, 2008
Em2va:

Every child born has a God given destiny or fate, and whether you like it or not, the child will growup
doing something you probably never predicted he would do. Every one was born great, but it could be greatness
in armed robbery, or service to humanity, greatness in the medical world or surgery or in abortion, greatness in
promoting people or tearing them down, it all depends on their destiny or fate, all you should do is
follow your bible, train him up in the right way the rest in left to God to handle.

That's not true,Everyone has a God given Talent and destiny but people change theirs and go after material things that were not made for them by God,No way,God can't make you great in killing people.You chose it .The parents only help in leading them to the right way that leads to their God given Destiny or talent undecided
Re: Training Up A Child by Morenike3(f): 1:31am On Oct 31, 2008
Don't live your dreams through ya child.

Instead of telling him/her what to become, help him/her become what he's destined to become
Re: Training Up A Child by plappville(f): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
Bring him or her up with the fear of God, never force a child to copy u, the best gift u can offer a child is A good up bringing.

children are our pride.

Re: Training Up A Child by abujabooks(f): 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2008
In d way he shd go. God's will on dat child!
Re: Training Up A Child by ayobase(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2008
train the child in the way
of the lord!!!
Re: Training Up A Child by Pepeye(f): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2008
The bible which is the manual for Life has rightly stated it;

Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old, he will not depart from it PROVERBS 22-6

The ball now falls in your court as a parent , which way do you want your child to go
Re: Training Up A Child by loveway(f): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2008
Every acheviement in life start from somewhere, there is no gain without pain. Therefore foundations matters in every aspect of our life,family,child rearing,academic pursuits and business endeavour etc.according to the bible which says "when the foundatio is weak what can the righteous do" so there is need for every parent to train their child and incorcate good morals and societal values which will enable the child to grow to an adult that will be useful and for himself, family,community and nation.

For more advice ; contact me at : lovegladys54@yahoo.com
Re: Training Up A Child by kamalydeen(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2008
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it [/b], from kamshow smiley

Re: Training Up A Child by moshman(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2008
teach a child wat is mean't 2 b tot so dat u can rest in old age
Re: Training Up A Child by temi4rea(f): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2008
bluntpis:

@ poster

live by example

children follow what they see their parents do

and Parents, follow the scriptures

u spoke my mind!
i remeber answering a call from a friend and saying 'what the f*** are u tlking about' 
months later my little girl told her dad the same thing!
i was really ashamed and it took me a whole lot of work to mk her understnd the F words are not good esspecially for ladies.

and don't stop others from correcting your child!
na 1 woman dey born but na for all to train.
Re: Training Up A Child by Morenike3(f): 6:19am On Nov 08, 2008
Someone tell me, why would you leave your son's pic on the net?
Re: Training Up A Child by temi4rea(f): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2008
*Morenike:

maybe the kid is too good looking!

u no knw say sm tym if pickin disturb u too much u no go mind to hire that pickin out to any interested person.(e fit be na for advert)
Re: Training Up A Child by zayhal(f): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2008
*Morenike:

I wonder.

Thought I was the only one thinking this way. undecided
Re: Training Up A Child by angelina08(f): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2008
The best way of training up a child is to draw him/her closer to God and teach him/her how to pray, not to tell lies.
Make sure that you sent your child to school and teach him/her how to do some domestic works at home, always read at home. etc.

(1) (Reply)

Husband/wife At Home. / Pls Watch This Movie Before You Divorce Your Wife - Fireproof / Mothers, How Would You React To This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.