Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Borrow Suswam Your Turn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borrow Suswam Your Turn (1225 Views)

Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja / Gov Suswam,terhemen Tarzoor Spotted With V.P Namadi Sambo In Gambia / Gabriel Suswam Before Becoming Governor Of Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borrow Suswam Your Turn by Coldfaya(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
BORROW ME YOUR TURN LET ME REPRESENT YOU AT THE SENATE - GABRIEL SUSWAN TO KWANDE/USHONGO ELDERS WHERE THE BENUE ZONE ''A'' SENATORIAL TICKET WAS ZONED TO.

What appears to be a joke on billboards littered in the vicinity of Government House Makurdi, became a reality as Benue State Governor, Mr. Gabriel Torwua Suswam, declared his intention to retire to the Senate, as Distinguished Senator representing the Benue North East Senatorial district in the forthcoming 2015 general elections. Although the governor’s body language had long indicated his interest on the seat, he has before now, refused to disclose his intentions despite calls by the elders forum of PDP in zone A.

Suswam declared his intent amidst funfare at a reception on Friday in Adikpo, Kwande LGA, when he led three paramount rulers of the ‘Sankera political bloc’ to lobby the two paramount rulers of Ushongo and Kwande LGAs where the PDP supposedly zoned the position to, asking that they should ''BORROW'' him their slot so that he (Suswan) can represent them in the Senate.

This has pitched him against the current occupier of the seat, former National Chairman of the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Barnabas Gemade who is also vying for a second term.

But that is not where the wahala is. The senatorial seat in the forthcoming 2015 election has been zoned to Kwande/Ushongo axis, and Suswan is from the Sankera bloc which automatically knocks him and incumbent Senator Barnabas Gemade out of the race.

While Senator Gemade is from Jechira, the same Tiv intermediate area with the immediate past Senator of the zone, Joseph Akaagerger, Governor Suswam on the other hand is from Sankera, the same intermediate area with former senator, Prof. Daniel Saror. If the zoning arrangement is to be followed, the titans would be knocked out on that ground, leaving Kwande alone that is yet to produce senator in the zone, to fill the slot.

But like the proverbial fly which is destined to end up with the cadaver six feet below, look at how Suswan disingenuously in his Oliver Twist-like manner coveted the ticket for himself.

Governor Suswam at the reception told the people that he has been having persistent calls from his admirers, urging him to proceed to the senate on national assignment, instead of retiring to his homeland in Logo Local Government Area, upon the completion of his tenure as the worst Gomina Benue state ever has since it was created in 1976.

Hear Suswan:

“It is you people that are saying I have worked very well and should not leave as governor and return to Logo, but that I should move to somewhere higher because you want to send me. I have never rejected your intentions for me to work for you so I will not disappoint you on this one also,” he said.

I wonder if failure to pay primary school teachers salary for one year and keeping Benue children at home for over a year is what Suswan is referring to as his stewardship. That is gist for another day!

As Suswam warms up to join the race, political pundits are expecting that the zoning arrangement which is well respected in the Benue community, may also play a part in determing who represent the zone at the next dispensation. If the zoning arrangement is anything to go by, it may favour the Kwande part of the Benue North East Senatorial district, which has not produced a senator since the beginning of the present political dispensation.

How did Suswan react to this technical knockout?

Addressing the gathering on the purpose of their visit, the Ter Katsina-Ala, Chief Fezanga Wombo, who spoke on behalf of the Suswam-led delegation, said they were in the palace of the Ter Kwande to intimate him and his people of Gomina Suswan's intention to retire to the Senate in 2015 after his disgraceful tour of duty and taking Benue state back to the stone age as jegudujera Gomina.

Hear the Chief:

“We know that the senatorial seat in the forthcoming 2015 election has been zoned to Kwande/Ushongo axis, but we of the Sankera bloc have come to ask that you lend us the slot to allow Governor Suswam run for the seat”.

Responding to the request, the Ter Kwande, Chief Hilary Ikima, stated that “since none of our subjects had indicated interest to contest the seat and given that Governor Suswam is the first to ask for it, we will loan the seat to Sankera”.

Heheheheheheheh chai! Ka chineke anyi mezi Suswan! Oshisco! Since nobody from Kwande/Ushongo axis where the senatorial seat is zoned to has indicated interest to contest for the seat and given that Suswan is the FIRST to ask for it, WE will LOAN the seat to him, thus saith the Gospel according to C(T)hief Hilary Ikima, the Ter Kwande! kikikikikikikikikiki!!!! What a circus and a gathering of comedians and clowns!

ONLY IN BENUE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Borrow Suswam Your Turn by Toktee(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Suswan should be ashame of himself,teachers are on the strike for almost a year now,he even tell to strike for a year,but he cannot pay them,pdp is over in benue state,suswan should go and decieve Ugondu people,they are the most timid set of tiv people,not kparev.
Re: Borrow Suswam Your Turn by Coldfaya(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
Toktee: Suswan should be ashame of himself,teachers are on the strike for almost a year now,he even tell to strike for a year,but he cannot pay them,pdp is over in benue state,suswan should go and decieve Ugondu people,they are the most timid set of tiv people,not kparev.

Bro I feel ur pain. But to say PDP is finished from Benue is far fetched. Not wit the way our people are still being blinded by money politics. I'm afraid if things change not, Suswam might go unopposed and win
Re: Borrow Suswam Your Turn by simpleseyi: 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dear elders of Ushongo and Kwande LGAs, Please borrow Gov Suswam your slot, let him run for the Senate, he wants to run like Terry G, he (Gov. Suswam) will definitely run mad if he insists that he wants to run like Terry G.

This Suswam that is about to run mad was in the House of Representathieves for two terms of eight years, the thief has been governor for another two terms of eight years, now he wants to run for the Senate seat, na only him dey the state? His profession is now Politricks. Obviously, he is about to run mad.
Re: Borrow Suswam Your Turn by Coldfaya(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
simpleseyi: Dear elders of Ushongo and Kwande LGAs, Please borrow Gov Suswam your slot, let him run for the Senate, he wants to run like Terry G, he (Gov. Suswam) will definitely run mad if he insists that he wants to run like Terry G.

This Suswam that is about to run mad was in the House of Representathieves for two terms of eight years, the thief has been governor for another two terms of eight years, now he wants to run for the Senate seat, na only him dey the state? His profession is now Politricks. Obviously, he is about to run mad.

Hehehe my brodar power sweet I guess. Who don thirst am nor go wan go far from am
Re: Borrow Suswam Your Turn by kokoA(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
Smh.. Only in Benue.
Re: Borrow Suswam Your Turn by Toktee(m): 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
A mad man called suswan,he can not even transform his local government,he will be emberrash next year God willing.

(1) (Reply)

Gen Buhari Wept ,the Short_sighted Laughed(a Must Read) / Photo: Girl's Ear Bitten Off During Fight With Neighbour In Lagos / Mubi: Fleeing Soldiers Should Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.