Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? (1634 Views)

Dangers Of Having Cockroaches In Your House / How To Permanently Cure Pimples On Your Face In 23 Days / How Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by Odward(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please how can we erradicate cockroaches and their young ones permanently cause it's giving lots of concern these days with the way they are building an empire army in my kitchen,it seems dey might soon overthrow me in my house.
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by stormybucci(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
hahahahaha shebi i tell u make u use dat money wae pman give u buy insecticide 4 d kitchen buh u spend am on dat thing u call a gf.... Anyway i no spend any kobo 4 dat kitchen
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by Odward(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
stormybucci: hahahahaha shebi i tell u make u use dat money wae pman give u buy insecticide 4 d kitchen buh u spend am on dat thing u call a gf.... Anyway i no spend any kobo 4 dat kitchen
can't you keep House secret a secret you lousy thing.
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by stormybucci(m): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Odward: can't you keep House secret a secret you lousy thing.
no vex
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
Odward: Please how can we erradicate cockroaches and their young ones permanently cause it's giving lots of concern these days with the way they are building an empire army in my kitchen,it seems dey might soon overthrow me in my house.

Contact us
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by Odward(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
ninz:
Contact us
How please?
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Odward: How please?
check my signature, pls.
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by billyG(m): 1:57am On Jul 26, 2014
that one na big contract oo.I charge you 20milln naira.
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by mahleeq(m): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2014
This is very simple

You have to modify/manipulate (manage) three things and this is called Integrated Pest Management (IPM)

1) the environment

2) the organism itself

3) Its propagules(reproductive means)

Environment,

Cockroaches hide in hidden places, small openings and crevices in the house and it is in these same areas that their eggs are laid or attached to, they love thrash, spilled sewage, left overs etc.
A major feature why they survive easily is their ability to feed on anything (especially the adults). they eat so many stuffs.
modifying the environment means no access to easy food. keep food stuffs in air tight containers, dispose unwanted ones properly. The ability to feed on anything is exhibited by the adults while the small nymphs require jelly/slurry/liquid foods.
Block possible hiding places and crevices,

The organism itselt

Cockroaches are very successful because of their totality, they can feed on any thing, live anywhere, strog body covering, produce many young ones etc,
this then explains why multiple approaches must be used to control them.
you must make use of Chemical control as one of your methods and the purpose of this is to attack directly the active and living form of the organism and not its reproductive structures(the egg)

you must however note that some of this fully developed ones go into hiding during periods of lethal chemical concentration, and then re emerge when the chemical level goes down. and as such so many of them escape these so called chemicals.
However, blocking these holes and crevices before spraying or spraying them properly and then blocking them is very important.

Reproductive means(Egg)

it will however surprise you that after few weeks small Cockroaches will start springing out and in few months the Adult population is replenished.

The Cockroach egg has been designed with a hard covering to protect its content, and infact survive many chemical attacks, therefore, these eggs hatch, grow through the developmental stages and become Mr Cockroach again.

The good news is: if the first two steps were properly followed then the next step and not the last is to repeat the the chemical spraying after two weeks to kill those that were hatched two weeks after the first spraying and another spraying will be required after another two weeks to kill those that were laid just before the first spraying as it takes 30days for the egg to hatch, you might aswell consider another spraying after few weeks, as you never can tellgrin

And finally make sure none find its way into your house again as just one with a fertile egg is enoughgrin

Cheersgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by stormybucci(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2014
^^^ e be lyk say na cockroach management u study 4 school oooo..... chaii
Re: Tips On How To Erradicate Cockroaches From The House Permanently? by Odward(m): 2:52am On Aug 18, 2020
Interesting undecided

(1) (Reply)

Breast Sucking Good For You? / Eye Defect: How To Cure Myopia Naturally / Lose Weight By eating with Blessing Otunu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.