Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? (3906 Views)

Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? / Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) / Jaguar Xf Or Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by clementcro(m): 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
I just wannna get a car and I saw this jaguar 2004 going for 650k .

Please what is your advice? Should I buy it? What are the problems associated with this jaguar cars?

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Parts are pricy and hard to come by in nigeria. A friend has one and imports parts from the US including brake pads.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Parts are pricy and hard to come by in nigeria. A friend has one and imports parts from the US including brake pads.

Oga go and pick your c class
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
smartchoice:

Oga go and pick your c class

That car needs a lot of work........... Its an auction iv given my bid. Y u de follow follow?
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
clementcro: I just wannna get a car and I saw this jaguar 2004 going for 650k .

Please what is your advice? Should I buy it? What are the problems associated with this jaguar cars?

Thanks

2004 jaguar is it, what is the model?
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by clementcro(m): 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
I think s something, I will snap the pics and upload it tomorrow. If the parts are expensive, then I might have to change my mind about buying it.
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 23, 2014
'I think its s something...' Hmmm I guess its XJ, X-type or S-type?

Xj is classed with S class, 7 series, audi A8 it's a a full sized luxury sedan.

S type is classed with E class, 5 series, audi A6 its a mid sized premium executive sedan

X type is Classed with C class, 3 series, Audi A4. Its a compact premium sedan.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

That car needs a lot of work........... Its an auction iv given my bid. Y u de follow follow?
I follow only the intelligent ones bro.
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by ivoryhouse(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2014
clementcro: I just wannna get a car and I saw this jaguar 2004 going for 650k .

Thanks
Jaguar is owned by tata, an indian company (same that owns landrover). Its reliable but you may have electrical issues. Some of us buy parts (spark plugs, air filters, brake parts, even oil filters) from u.s and the u.k but just for peace of mind and to save money. Don't let cost of parts scare you.
Do a vin check on the car, then go onlibe and find out what known issues the car has and if you can't live with those issues then look elsewhere. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by abatically(m): 8:30am On Jul 23, 2014
Why would someone want to buy a used jaguar? Do u like to waste money? If yes then u can go ahead and buy it. I know I'm being blunt but jaguars are not reliable especially as an everyday car. I know they are luxury brands but they are good when bought brand new, or clean title tokubo. The reason seller is selling a 2004 jaguar (be it xj, f or s type ) for 650k says it all. You can't use a jag as an everyday car, they break down a lot and parts are expensive.

Op, if u already have a car and looking for a weekend ride, u can buy it. If u are planning to use it as a family driver, I would advice against it. My 2 cents though.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2014
ivoryhouse:
Jaguar is owned by tata, an indian company (same that owns landrover). Its reliable but you may have electrical issues. Some of us buy parts (spark plugs, air filters, brake parts, even oil filters) from u.s and the u.k but just for peace of mind and to save money. Don't let cost of parts scare you.
Do a vin check on the car, then go onlibe and find out what known issues the car has and if you can't live with those issues then look elsewhere. Good luck

Jaguar is owned by Tata now but when the model in question was built it was owned by Ford. I think a good mechanic should know it's way around but that price is extra cool oh be careful I used to have a thing for the X type.
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by billy187(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Hello there! Op, from your posts, i'm deducing its the s-type you are after. Contrary to some posts here, its actually a very reliable car. ......HOWEVER; I must be quick to state that its also very fussy when it comes to maintenance, fail to maintain it accordingly and with recommended parts and it will very quickly transform into hell on wheels for ya. Its kinda cheap though.....that price is more apt for an x type. Get someone who is at least versed in german margues to look it over for ya (yeah, its not a german car but complexity of its system is quite close).

Well, good luck!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by baaliyah(m): 5:26am On Jul 24, 2014
If you want to buy Jaguar, buy TWO, when one is in the garage being repaired the other is with you.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 24, 2014
baaliyah: If you want to buy Jaguar, buy TWO, when one is in the garage being repaired the other is with you.
grin
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by amanze15(m): 9:33am On Jul 24, 2014
That XJ type na BOSS sedan, a seen a couple in ilorin, some ELITE drive it clean wipe....
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by victor08(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
My friend you better run as fast as your leg could carry you. Jaguar is expensive to maintain.

Why not go buy 2000 BENZ C CLASS? That will be pocket friendly to maintain.
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2014
baaliyah: If you want to buy Jaguar, buy TWO, when one is in the garage being repaired the other is with you.
Lmao angry
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
victor08: My friend you better run as fast as your leg could carry you. Jaguar is expensive to maintain.

Why not go buy 2000 BENZ C CLASS? That will be pocket friendly to maintain.

False analogy. Any facts to back up your claims? Have you owned any model of Jaguar?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
Siena:

False analogy. Any facts to back up your claims? Have you owned any model of Jaguar?

Siena, in ur honest mind, would u advice a first time car owner to buy a USED Jaguar?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2014

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Slykay(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2017
My Honda baby boy has been an asset. 5 years and still waxing strong.. What a car
Re: What Is Your View About Jaguar Cars? by Kingsdave(m): 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
ivoryhouse:

I want to buy my Jaguar gear selector from over sea... How do you guys go about it... Help me on how to buy oversea

(1) (Reply)

Kapital Auto Spa Car Wash Opens In Abuja (PHOTOS) / My Scanned Honda Codes / Car Gurus Come In Here...gazzuzz Et All...your Professional Advice Is Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.