Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public (2391 Views)

Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / How Come Most Married Women 4get Their Duties After Marriage, Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by austinozuo: 2:04am On Jul 23, 2014
Goodmorning pals...
I just felt like we should discuss this topic ooo...
i have noticed that couples kiss during their wedding ceremony,but after that day i dont see couples kissing publicly anymore.
Is it that they are shy or what?
if they can kiss in front of kids on their wedding day,why are they shy kissing their spouse publicly after that day na?...cos as for me,i would kiss my wife anywhere whether in the market place,compound,street,road,bus etc cos she is my wife and we are one...
plz share ur view on this pals....[b][/b]
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2014
I've also thought about it too and asked myself same. Because Nigeria is such a ridiculously conservative country where PDA between couples is seen as western culture. Couples in western countries no send anybody message o. PDA is a perfectly normal feat over there.

By the way, I love PDA. wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Kanwulia: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2014
If you don't kiss in private. . . .how can you kiss in public?
Nigerians dey kiss? cheesy
DEM GO JUSS CUT YA TONGUE TROWAY. . . or swallow am! cry
Straight to the tin please! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6QKqFPRZSA

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
I hate all these public display of affection.
Some people that kiss in the public fight a lot in private.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by apolonius(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Well,it is because of our anti-romance culture in Nigeria and wherever we are.smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
[quote
author=austinozuo]Goodmorning pals...
i have noticed that couples kiss during their wedding ceremony,but after
that day i dont see couples kissing publicly anymore.
if they can kiss in front of kids on their wedding day,why are they shy
kissing their spouse publicly after that day na?...cos as for me,i would
KISS MY WIFE ANYWHERE
place,compound,street,road,bus etc cos she is my wife and we are one...
plz share ur view on this pals....[b][/b][/quote]

Please don't forget to bring us pictures when you do the capitalised
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Odilafta:

Please don't forget to bring us pictures when you do the capitalised
grin grin when will you change madam? na everything you wan see? cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
MzMariah: grin grin when will you change madam? na everything you wan see? cheesy cheesy grin

Sweety wink
u neva fit decode my number?
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by 5minsmadness: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
austinozuo: Goodmorning pals...
i have noticed that couples kiss during their wedding ceremony,but after that day i dont see couples kissing publicly anymore.
if they can kiss in front of kids on their wedding day,why are they shy kissing their spouse publicly after that day na?...cos as for me,i would kiss my wife anywhere whether in the market place,compound,street,road,bus etc cos she is my wife and we are one...
plz share ur view on this pals....[b][/b]
Its inappropriate. You don't need to kiss her in public, certain things are meant to be private.
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by 5minsmadness: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks: I've also thought about it too and asked myself same. Because Nigeria is such a ridiculously conservative country where PDA between couples is seen as western culture. Couples in western countries no send anybody message o. PDA is a perfectly normal feat over there.

Pls feel free to kiss your husband anywhere o, market place, on the street, while pricing cocoyam, after all its done in western countries not ridiculously conservative countries like Nigeria. Also feel free to fvck him anywhere too cos that is the vogue in western culture too. All na affection.
SMH.

Africans and inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
5minsmadness:
Pls feel free to kiss your husband anywhere o, market place, on the street, while pricing cocoyam, after all its done in western countries not ridiculously conservative countries like Nigeria. Also feel free to fvck him anywhere too cos that is the vogue in western culture too. All na affection.
SMH.

Bad Belle pikin. Your mind no dey ever get positive thoughts. Na so so negative negative. CAVE MAN!! You dey jealous me? You never get over your obsession with me for this Nairaland? Feel free to burst your veins while you look on with Envy. wetin you even sabi sef? ROMANCE and PDA ZERO. Too rigid! Cave man like you. To be romantic to you means to be a weakling. Shame! I go do PDA for your front make you piss for your boxers with Envy. cool cool cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
Odilafta:

Sweety wink
u neva fit decode my number?
Will call you today dear. smiley
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by 5minsmadness: 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Bad Belle pikin. Your mind no dey ever get positive thoughts. Na so so negative negative. CAVE MAN!! You dey jealous me? You never get over your obsession with me for this Nairaland? Feel free to burst your veins while you look on with Envy. wetin you even sabi sef? ROMANCE and PDA ZERO. Too rigid! Cave man like you. To be romantic to you means to be a weakling. Shame! I go do PDA for your front make you piss for your boxers with Envy. cool cool cool cool
Abeg go siddon jo smiley
I will have you know that I was very romantic in my early hunting days. A lot of my first kisses were in public, at the swimming pool, walking down the street of my home at night, under an umbrella in the pouring rain. It was pretty mbeke sisters like you who discouraged me with ==pls am embarrassed, pla am shy, they will think am a wild gel etc etc until i finally got the message. Na you girls dey shy pass if not most of us naija guys start out very romantic but you kill the spirit in us then when we become badazz you start to moan and complain and compare us with Alfonso shocked, that bastard philipino guy on telemundo who incidentally is gay.

The behavior of most guys you meet are moulded by females who have come before you. And you know am telling the truth cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
5minsmadness:
SMH.

LWKMD

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Most of them go dey frown face esp when their wives dey with them.

Some of my ex colleagues those days, very jovial guys when at work, but when with their wife, their face go change. Them never frown finish na to kiss. You go wait tire.

maybe it's the environment. The dust go don settle for the lipstick mouth, hence when you place mouth on the dusty lips you will be sure of traces of carbon monoxide grin.

Anyway, not in the culture of Africans, they are trying. At least they do it now on their weddings, small small we will get there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
softsparkyy: I hate all these public display of affection.
Some people that kiss in the public fight a lot in private.
How did you arrive at this? mind sharing an experience?

Sophyrocks: I've also thought about it too and asked myself same. Because Nigeria is such a ridiculously conservative country where PDA between couples is seen as western culture. Couples in western countries no send anybody message o. PDA is a perfectly normal feat over there.
I dont mind PDA too. Do you agree with the bolded above in red?
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chillisauce: Most of them go dey frown face esp when their wives dey with them.

Some of my ex colleagues those days, very jovial guys when at work, but when with their wife, there face go change. Them never frown finish na to kiss. You go wait tire.

maybe it's the environment. The dust go don settle for the lipstick mouth, hence when you place mouth on the dusty lips you will be sure of traces of carbon monoxide grin.

Anyway, not in the culture of Africans, they are trying. At least they do it now on their weddings, small small we will get there.
LMAO!

Honestly what that simply tells me is that someone is having an unghappy/non-peaceful marriage
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So-so, i am interested in this'o wink
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
shizzle11: LMAO!

Honestly what that simply tells me is that someone is having an unghappy/non-peaceful marriage

Not necessarily. Maybe bored too. You know sometimes when dem marry the zombie ( "gentle"wink ones, you get bored easily and she can't seem to know what to say in public that may annoy you. They answer, yes sir, only to smile even when something isn't funny.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chillisauce:

Not necessarily. Maybe bored too. You know sometimes when dem marry the zombie ( "gentle"wink ones, [/b]you get bored easily and she can't seem to know what to say in public that may annoy you[b]. They answer, yes sir, only to smile even when something isn't funny.

funny but serious! Such marriages can indeed be so boring. This is why people should marry partners with whom they are on the same page intellectually, socially and otherwise. Cant imagine having a puppet as a wife, someone you cant even be proud, you don't want to be seen in public with her or cant attend social functions with her cos you feel she could just embarrass you.

A zombie for a wife, God forbid bad thing!
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
5minsmadness:
Abeg go siddon jo smiley
I will have you know that I was very romantic in my early hunting days. A lot of my first kisses were in public, at the swimming pool, walking down the street of my home at night, under an umbrella in the pouring rain. It was pretty mbeke sisters like you who discouraged me with ==pls am embarrassed, pla am shy, they will think am a wild gel etc etc until i finally got the message. Na you girls dey shy pass if not most of us naija guys start out very romantic but you kill the spirit in us then when we become badazz you start to moan and complain and compare us with Alfonso shocked, that bastard philipino guy on telemundo who incidentally is gay.

The behavior of most guys you meet are moulded by females who have come before you. And you know am telling the truth cool

Continue to be Cave Man o. E no concern moi.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
shizzle11:
How did you arrive at this? mind sharing an experience?

I dont mind PDA too. Do you agree with the bolded above in red?

Yep. I agree. But its does not apply in all cases.
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
shizzle11: So-so, i am interested in this'o wink

What is it about the bolded that interests you?
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
shizzle11:
funny but serious! Such marriages can indeed be so boring. This is why people should marry partners with whom they are on the same page intellectually, socially and otherwise. Cant imagine having a puppet as a wife, someone you cant even be proud, you don't want to be seen in public with her or cant attend social functions with her cos you feel she could just embarrass you.

A zombie for a wife, God forbid bad thing!

grin
You are right. Go shizzle, go shizzle.
Even if they are not same page, they should have the zeal to learn.

It's well. smiley
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chillisauce: Most of them go dey frown face esp when their wives dey with them.

Some of my ex colleagues those days, very jovial guys when at work, but when with their wife, their face go change. Them never frown finish na to kiss. You go wait tire.

Those your colleagues are dealing with an unhappy marriage or were forced into it. About PDA not in our culture, that was the exact point i made before that cave man came to pounce on me as usual. Cave Man.
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chillisauce:

grin
You are right. Go shizzle, go shizzle.
Even if they are not same page, they should have the zeal to learn.

It's well. smiley
AMEN'O! smiley
Sophyrocks:
What is it about the bolded that interests you?
The PDA part.

How have you being?
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
shizzle11:
AMEN'O! smiley

The PDA part.

How have you being?

Okies.

I'm good. Hope you are too.
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by shizzle11(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Okies.

I'm good. Hope you are too.
Yes i am!

Thanks for asking smiley
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by 5minsmadness: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Those your colleagues are dealing with an unhappy marriage or were forced into it. About PDA not in our culture, that was the exact point i made before that cave man came to pounce on me as usual. Cave Man.

Aw c'mon sophie. You know you like it rough grin
Of course PDA like kissing and fucking in public is not in our culture, but that doesnt make us ridiculously conservative, just different. Its the same with the japanese. They rarely show public displays of affection. It doesnt make them inferior. That's the point I was trying to make.

Call me Cave-man again. I find it strangely arousing grin
Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
shizzle11:
Yes i am!

Thanks for asking smiley

wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public by Morotov1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
5minsmadness:
Aw c'mon sophie. You know you like it rough grin
Of course PDA like kissing and fucking in public is not in our culture, but that doesnt make us ridiculously conservative, just different. Its the same with the japanese. They rarely show public displays of affection. It doesnt make them inferior. That's the point I was trying to make.

Call me Cave-man again. I find it strangely arousing grin
You are wetting your boxers already.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must The Head Of The House Determine Who His Wife And Children Vote For? / I Have Cheated On My Husband, Will Both Of Us Die? / Youtube Herbs And Spirituality Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.