Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do (2954 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by zboyd: 3:33am On Jul 23, 2014
When men find 'The One', they will move heaven and earth to please her. But, there are some things a woman should NEVER ask her BF/Husband to do for her.

1. Pay Her Bills. Everyone...man or woman should be responsible for paying their own bills and that means you. If you are living with a boyfriend, you are responsible for paying half the household bills, as well as those incurred by you and you alone, just like your BF. You should not expect your BF to pay your way. Married folks may have different arrangements, though, that work for them.

2. Ask Him To Loan Money To Relatives. Some BF/Husbands don't like to be around unemployed family members - his or yours. They don't like family members who use them for money. They want family members to be self-sufficient and not use them as a human ATM.

3. Give Up His Friends. Sure, some of your BF/Husband's friends might be smarmy, but only ask him to give them up, if they're trying get him to do things that may threaten your relationship or, if one of them has made a move on you. Otherwise, leave him be. All bets are off, though, if you've given up a couple of your friends who he was continually clashing with on a regular basis.

4. Force Him To Socialize With People He Hates. Forcing your BF/Husband doesn't mean physically dragging him by the collar and out the door. It means employing all those little tips and tricks you have in your arsenal that you use to get your way. Some men resent this. Each time he's 'forced', he builds up more and more resentment against you, until one day, he explodes. No one likes to be 'forced' to do something.

5. Force Him To Lie. Whenever you ask your BF/Husband loaded questions like: "Do these jeans make my butt look too big?". "Do I look fat?" or "Do you love me?", some men, depending on the situation and their feelings, at the time, may answer "No" - "No" - "Yes" while thinking (Yes) - (Yes) - (No). Smart. But you're asking him to lie. Downside, he might start lying about other things - either to keep the peace and/or hide something from you.

6. Give Up A Special Event For You. Barring family emergencies or other pressing obligations, never ask your BF/Husband to give up a special event or make it a tradeoff of "If you do this - I'll do that." No fair using the "If you loved me you would" mess either. If he enjoys it - let him enjoy it at the time it's supposed to be enjoyed. Besides, you can always go shopping.

7. Insist He Perform S*x Acts He Finds Disgusting. If you want to walk on the wild side and your BF/Husband doesn't, leave him be. Maybe one day he might 'wild out' and surprise you. In the meantime, buy a s*x toy.

8. Buy Your Feminine Necessities For That Time Of Month. Most BF/Husbands balk at buying feminine necessaries, for their GF/Wives - some don't. If you have the type of BF/Husband that is clearly uncomfortable buying you those things - ease up. Stock up beforehand or ask a female friend or relative to buy some for you and repay her, if you don't feel up to it.

9. Check In With You Hour Upon Hour When He's Not With You. Yes, some GF/Wives expect their BF/Husbands to call or text them every hour or throughout the day, "just to say Hi!" Major trust/insecurity issues. Please! You're smothering the poor man. Give him some space. Give him a chance to miss you.

10. Put up With Your Mood Swings. Being a Nasty Nancy is not the way to your BF/Husband's heart. You don't tolerate his nastiness, so why should he tolerate yours? Remember the Golden Rule?

11. Listen To You Compare Him With Your Ex. Your ex is your ex for a reason and you’re with your BF/Husband for a reason. So stop comparing the two. Do you really think he wants to hear about how much money your ex spent on you or the cushy job he had. That's a blow to his ego, especially if he is of modest means and struggling to better himself for you and your family. How insensitive can you be?

12. Give Up His Privacy. This is a bit tricky. Asking your BF/Husband to give you full access to his phone to read his texts, check his calls, his emails, his Facebook postings, etc. is only acceptable if you offer to do the same. On the other hand, a relationship is built on trust and unless you have a legitimate reason to doubt him, you have no business asking to snoop through his stuff.

13. Choose You Over His Parents/Family. Major wrong move. The love your BF/Husband has for his parents/family was in place before you met him. Asking him to choose between you and them, due to family conflicts, can cause him great distress. Be the bigger person. Bite your tongue, grit your teeth or do whatever else it takes to calm the familial waters. Don't force him to choose. You may come out on the losing end.

14. Change Who He Is. You fell in love with your BF/Husband for a reason, so why is it that his habits bother you so much suddenly? Yes, relationships do involve a certain amount of changing but it has to come from him. You can’t force it and you certainly can’t nag him into it. The more you do try to take control, the further he’ll run.

15. Make Him Wait For You All The Time. You know your BF/Husband hates waiting for you to get ready for an outing. If you need over an hour to get ready, start earlier. Surprise him by making it on time and watch his eyes light up!

16. Make Him Watch Chick Flicks. Why torture your poor BF/Husband by making him watch chick flicks or girly TV? Save that for your alone time or when you’re with your girlfriends. He’ll appreciate it very much!

17. Wait For S*x Because You're Being Petty. There’s nothing attractive about a woman who uses s*x to get what she wants. Nothing! You’re in a romantic relationship and s*x should be an expression of your love toward your BF/Husband - not to be used as a form of punishment or as a weapon. This is a dangerous game you're playing and you may end up a loser, to another woman, if you stroll down this path.

18. Go Shopping. Your BF/Husband will never understand your need to shop, going from store to store, just as you’ll never understand his love for Heinekens and football. The best compromise? You shop whenever you want but leave him out of it. He’s happy, you're happy and the only one suffering is your (his) wallet.

19. Understand Your Need To Broadcast Details Of Your Relationship. Your BF/Husband will never understand why you absolutely have to discuss the intimate details of your relationship with your family and friends. They hate it! Whatever's going on in your relationship should be kept behind closed doors.

20. Put Up With Your Snooty Attitude. Men hate women who think they’re high and mighty and, your BF/Husband is no different. They want a best friend who is easy to be with, not some woman with a Princess Syndrome. Climb down from your high horse and act down-to-earth.

Sources: askmen.com /allwomenstalk.com /zboyd

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by spicy244(f): 3:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Nice one tho'........ BUT if u can't ask yur bf/hubby all these, then give a list of 20 things u can ask ur bf/ hubby to do for you.
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by Mzjhulz(f): 4:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Y would I call him my bf if I can't ask him any of these things
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by isacolukay(m): 5:05am On Jul 23, 2014
In short, never expect your boyfriend or husband to do anything for you. GBAM
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by Kanwulia: 5:40am On Jul 23, 2014
NEVER CONFRONT HIM ABOUT HIS EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIRS.
THEY ARE NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! kiss
If he asks you about yours. . . TELL HIM IT IS NONE OF HIS GADDDDDDDEM BUSINESS TOO! kiss
The vows you took are FAKE!
They were only meant for OYINBO PEOPLE! kiss

Love, sex and marriage SHOULD NEVER BE BY FORCE!
If anyone gets tired. . . HEAD TO THE DIVORCE COURTS AND GET IT OVER WITH.
If you wanno stay in a marriage. . . STAY THERE AND SHUT THE PHOCK UP!
No one wanno hear about your woes.
WE NOR SEN UNA MESSAGE! kiss

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by tempem: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2014
zboyd.

Learn Html tags, bro. You have a nice write-up....
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by emmyw(m): 6:22am On Jul 23, 2014
uh...?
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by zeb04(f): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Every r/ship/ marriage is different.
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by angela98(f): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2014
I think every relationship runs differently. It all depend on our background. In my own relationship, he pays the bills, we share one bank account, we run things together. As you grow older and more matured in a relationship, you found out that there are certain things you used to think that matters in a relationship which doesn't matter anymore. If you have a good relationship, both of you can work around issues. Its not good to be too petty in a relationship.. Pettiness is boring.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Alright ooo!
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by cococandy(f): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
cool
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
To each one his own I guess! Most of the things listed here my husband does without being asked.
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by Qsscruz(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
So you actually took your time to type that epistle all in the name of a counter thread.. Please i am looking forward to reading '20 things you shouldn't tell your mum/dad to do'.. Clowns
Re: 20 Things You Should NEVER Ask Your BF/Husband To Do by zboyd: 3:29am On Jul 24, 2014
Qsscruz: So you actually took your time to type that epistle all in the name of a counter thread.. Please i am looking forward to reading '20 things you shouldn't tell your mum/dad to do'.. Clowns

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...and your sarcasm has been well-noted. wink

Thanks for your response.

You've given me an idea for a new topic.

That's why I love this site...inspiration GALORE!!!

NL ROCKS!!!

(1) (Reply)

DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR / At Ikoyi Registry, It’s 35 Marriages Daily / The Pains Of My Marriage. My Version Of Unconditonal Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.