Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School (33579 Views)

Seun Kuti Shares Photos Of His Daughter On Her First Day Of School / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / 15 Notable People Who Dropped Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by obiscolly(m): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2014
It's worthy to note that most of these billionaires who supposedly dropped out to launch startups are in the IT world...bill Gates, Paul Allen, Mark, Steve Jobs etc.. That's a field where ingenuity and creativity really pays off. So dropping out of school couldn't have stopped them. They had all they needed- the passion, the mental capacity and a computer set. Well..about the money....great ideas attract money and not the other way round.
So don't get too carried away about dropping out. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by princeonx: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2014
All the same,

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Daffar: 7:43am On Jul 23, 2014
I jst dropd out of skul... Xpectin my own BILLION any moment from now.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by sugaarbear(m): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2014
no matter the trillions ....i no fit drop out for this naija wey i still dey
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Suarezilla(m): 7:50am On Jul 23, 2014
Moral Of the Story is nothing is impossible with a man full of determination.No matter where u are today does not determine where u will b tomrw

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Jaymaestro(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2014
its all computers and internet . They actually went to standard universities : the knowledge they have required its enough to do anything .
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by BabaO2: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Those guys never dropped out of school, they only opted out because, they knew more than the course content they were been thought.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 23, 2014

2 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2014
plainmirror: D list is not complete without ..... A shoeless AsoRokc occupant and his michellin wyf dat feed on airegin money daily with millions of #.

Disclaimer: i no call person name

And here is the mathematical formulae
2T(airegin)= 10(#^inf)
Where #=$ and airegin=Nigeria; T=terms in govt. inf=infinity.

This is called AsoRock law of embezzlement
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2014
BadBoy25: this is the only Billionaire I respect . John D. Rockefeller . He is the richest man in history . he was worth about 700 billion dollars until the US Government got jealous and dissolved his Company into the numerous oil companies we have today such as Chevron,Mobil,Shell etc.
He was lending the US government money during the great depression a lot of people thoughts he was the president .
His great grand children are still billionaires . the rockefeller family seem to have a high life expectancy. they usually live into their 90s and 100s . John D rockefeller's Great Grandson David Rockefeller just turned 99 years old on june 12 .
Since you are still here on nairaland while some are making millions. All billions deserve your respect. They have achieved what you're yet to achieve. Just saying
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by natureblack(m): 8:04am On Jul 23, 2014
bushdoc9919: So,here is the reason why these school drop outs are billionaires

1.In the developed world,it is far easier to set up a business because light and water are constant.(In Nigeria,your overheads are eaten up by generator costs).

2.The education system in the developed world(at all levels). is good at training students in problem solving. As an example....the guy who invented that spray you saw used in the World Cup when free kicks were taken invented it after getting sent off for arguing with the ref about the position of the ball for a free kick in a game he was playing in....he is a footballer.(Now in Nigeria,we will never think of that because our education system is just facts in,facts out).

3.Western cities do their utmost best to make themselves attractive to investors.And they do this by improving themselves. Micorosoft has its HQ in a out of the way American town...because said town made themselves attractive (Nigeria? Most Nigerian communities are busy chasing away the non indigenes to care).

How can we have our Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg? Well, it starts by changing our education system into a problem solving one. Students in JSS2 in a school in the North,for example, can be given a barren infertile piece of land and told to grow maize on it aspart of their Agricultural Science practicals, instead of just planting maize in the school farm.....while students in SS2 can be given a project to improve maize yields in the same school farm. And in one year....you have a fresh crop of problem solvers.
u have said it all bro
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by CharlieMaria(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2014
And my name is not on that list? Op why? undecided
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by donTbone(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2014
Nigeria never gave science a priority like d country of dos billionaire did.. Until d heiracy changes to science bin d 1st nd politics bin a d rare end,its den dis can be achievable. Else...person go bite finger last ni o!!! O sure baje :PNigeria never gave science a priority like d country of dos billionaire did.. Until d heiracy changes to science bin d 1st nd politics bin a d rare end,its den dis can be achievable. Else...person go bite finger last ni o!!! O sure baje
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by klassic(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2014
bushdoc9919: So,here is the reason why these school drop outs are billionaires

1.In the developed world,it is far easier to set up a business because light and water are constant.(In Nigeria,your overheads are eaten up by generator costs).

2.The education system in the developed world(at all levels). is good at training students in problem solving. As an example....the guy who invented that spray you saw used in the World Cup when free kicks were taken invented it after getting sent off for arguing with the ref about the position of the ball for a free kick in a game he was playing in....he is a footballer.(Now in Nigeria,we will never think of that because our education system is just facts in,facts out).

3.Western cities do their utmost best to make themselves attractive to investors.And they do this by improving themselves. Micorosoft has its HQ in a out of the way American town...because said town made themselves attractive (Nigeria? Most Nigerian communities are busy chasing away the non indigenes to care).

How can we have our Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg? Well, it starts by changing our education system into a problem solving one. Students in JSS2 in a school in the North,for example, can be given a barren infertile piece of land and told to grow maize on it aspart of their Agricultural Science practicals, instead of just planting maize in the school farm.....while students in SS2 can be given a project to improve maize yields in the same school farm. And in one year....you have a fresh crop of problem solvers.

I concur with your submission. We need more practicals not theories of those that made. My eastern brothers have this vision though i am not from the east, i love their style and if we can replicate their model all over the country in and out of schools, we wont have unemployment problem and exploitation of the youth. Kano state was doing the same thing the last time i was in that state and i witnessed how a suffering photographer became a big fish farmer in less than a year.
Example of eastern brother's model: At a tender age or after secondary school, U go learn a trade, serve for a while and learn all the tricks. About two years to graduating , your master or head teacher hands the business technically over to you and you get stocks from the market, handle sales and render accounts. By the time you graduate you are well equipped to run your own business and admit new students. Most of them have graduates at their beck and call even though they are not graduates while some return back to school to get their first degree just for the fun of it. The success rate of the model is quite high and i made rate it 70%
The second model i witnessed while schooling in kano as the self reliance program, werein the state government admitted into various institutions and they were trained in fish farming (aqua culture), crop farming,poultry, barbing saloon, etc, for a duration. at final year, they are giving a prototype business to handle for months and if they do well in it, it becomes their and government provides more funding to the amount of 250k. If Federal government, NYSC, in conjunction with PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR can llok into this model and develop it, it will go a long way at reducing poverty rate and employment in the society.
My suggestion is this, NYSC extended to cover a span of 18 months to 2 years and should be made more practical oriented. Corpers are drafted after orientation to various fields such as poultry farms, marketing, aqua culture farms , welding, boat building, crop farming , Small business enterprise and make them get first hand practical experience , 70% of their allowances should be withheld , government, parents and PPA's should take care of the corpers primary need such as housing and feeding. Towards to the end of the service year if the corper so desire, he can apply to extend his service for another 6 months to enable him/her finalize his or her skills, after which Government , the respective PPA supervisor, the corper and his /her family should use the money to set up such business or outfit for the corper and it should be closely monitored by the financing bank. After the first 18 months loans be made available at 2-6% rate to such an outfit for expansion and such loan should be payable within 3 years. If this model is well modeled , Nigeria will be great again. I rise.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Some lazy a** people love topics like this undecided. With the level of lack of seriousness exhibited by students nowadays, articles like this will only give people (young ones especially) reasons not to be serious with their education.
Articles like this is only encouraging to the less privileged. Those who truly cannot afford an education. When you share stories like this with them, at least it gives them hope that despite the fact they never went to school, they can still make it in life.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Slimmos(m): 8:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Dat does not mean we shouldn't go to school oooo....but school is not d only road to success sha. Ur destiny and hardwork....
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by gudnex22(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2014
op are you a school drop out?
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2014
One more thing. Please when post like these are made the op should at least research on why they dropped out. I haven't heard of any billionaire that dropped out because they were failing academics. They just simply had passion for something else. They themselves decided not to finish and many later went to complete this education to what ever level they wanted. Some people be citing this as reasons why education is not important or as excuse for there failling asses

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by zyzxx(m): 8:20am On Jul 23, 2014
all is well but no be for naija
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Brandybliss(f): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2014
ollah1:
“I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.”

― Bill Gates
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by coldfury: 8:23am On Jul 23, 2014
10 out Of 60 billion people on earth went to school, dropped out but still became billionaires... how encouraging! undecided
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by biomedixexcel(m): 8:35am On Jul 23, 2014
Make I drop out from school too
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Herrmes: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2014
If you think you'll drop out from school and be a billionaire I encourage you to follow your heart
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by kullozone(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2014
very surprised at the comments am reading..
Smh
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Superstar007(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2014
coldfury: 10 out Of 60 billion people on earth went to school, dropped out but still became billionaires... how encouraging! undecided

60 billion people on earth? shocked
Please where did you get your statistics from? grin grin
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by jakiedudu(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Education is not a barometer of knowledge.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Alexk2(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2014
It is not the class of your certificates that determine your destiny(destination) but the class of your character as a person.
There are "certificateless" people that have great destiny on earth..stop depending of the paper and think of how best you can affect your generatn.

i celebrate them...i'm going there too in Jesus name.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by legalwealth(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Chai!
My Dell Computer I'm using daily,Windows OS I'm using daily and Facebook account I do access daily were developed by College dropouts but now World Billionaires.
God is Great! !!

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2014
BadBoy25: Excuse me , Do I know you?
You think anyone on Nairaland is likely not to be a millionaire? thats ignorance .
My friend there is a big difference between a millionaire and a billionaire. Money pass Money. I still stand by my statement no billionaire will actively follow threads on nairaland like you have.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2014
__
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by whytepawn1(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
priscaoge: They were determined to be successful because they have set a goal which must be achieved not only through education but through other means! When U are determined,u will make it. Where u are today doesn't matter,what matters is where u will be tomorrow because Determination leads to Success!!!!!!!

May God bless my hustle,double my income n reduce my stress #Amen!
I think you are missing the point here. most of this guys are exceptional brilliant lads. it was brains and talent that got them where they are today. they honed their skills and talent to become what they are today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Comrade Phils Visits Kemi Olunloyo In Prison, Shares Her Letter To Fans / Charlyboy Spotted Controlling Traffic In Lagos (photos) / Paul Okoye Takes His Son Swimming (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.