Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms (435371 Views)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms / Unfulfilled Promises' Ebook On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by okotv(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
nice work Audrey, my own take is this.
what happened to tessy?
give us Eric's own side of the story and i am sure the story is still long...more grease to your elbow.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by maryhaam(f): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wonderful,beautiful.entertaining n emotional story,God bless hon.....waiting for the rest.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ruhbiee: Audrey post now!!!
About 2. Still editing

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Rhyno02: Audrey see how you just dey pack crowd,more grease to your finger tips
Abi? Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
zinylizzy: Hi,Audrey,congrats for making front page. I noticed a mistake. at first,u said Emem's dad came to terms with d baby and was happy it was a boy. then later,u wrote DT her dad disowned her because of d baby.
Tanx 4d correction dear. A friend noticed it and told me also. Dts d reason y I lyk taking my tym 2 edit b4 posting. I'll correct it b4 its published. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
okotv: nice work Audrey, my own take is this.
what happened to tessy?
give us Eric's own side of the story and i am sure the story is still long...more grease to your elbow.
Tessy turned to a hustler to survive. Jst b patient, we'll soon get 2 Eric's syd of d story. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
maryhaam: Wonderful,beautiful.entertaining n emotional story,God bless hon.....waiting for the rest.
Tanx dear. God bless u 2
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dis is a wondaful story! Babes pls fire on...
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
The entire incident with Collins drew Dave and Oleng closer. Oleng didn't try to make Dave jealous anymore by refusing to give her number to guys who asked her out.

Her service year was finally over. Dave took her out to celebrate and later took her to his house.

“I’m so happy. No more ‘Yes Sir’ and ‘Yes Ma.’” Oleng said laughing happily as she sat down heavily on the sofa in his house.

“Don’t be too sure. Afterall, you’ll still work under someone.” he said as he put on his sound system.

“The way I’m feeling right now, I want to set up my own business and be my own boss.”

Dave laughed. “What kind of business do you want to set up?”

“Anything. I don’t care. I don’t want to work in a bank. It’s too tedious and time consuming.”

“You can work somewhere else. Frankly speaking, I’m happy at your decision because I want a wife who will have time for our kids. Let me go and get us something to drink.” he said and walked away leaving his girlfriend bamboozled.

This was the first time Dave had hinted on marriage. He had never spoken of marriage around her and she had never thought of it. Would she like to marry him? She asked herself. She had to be sincere in saying she loved him better than ever now after the whole Collins's issue but was the love strong enough for marriage?

He came back with the drinks and set them on the table. They chatted and drank for a while before Dave dropped his glass on the table, drew closer and started kissing her. She wasn’t surprised because they had shared a few kisses in the past. Nothing special but kisses nevertheless. She was however shocked when he put his hand inside her crested vest. She abruptly stopped him.

“Dave, what are you doing?” she inquired, moving away a little.

Dave put his hand on his head and rubbed it vigorously, looking frustrated. He got up and walked a few paces away from her. He came back, sat down and stared at her. He brought out a small box from his pocket and opened it displaying a gold ring.

“Oleng, will you marry me?”

Oleng was speechless. She had never for once thought this would happen today of all days. Her brain became numb. She just stared at the ring.

“Please say something.” Dave finally said after the long stretch of silence.

“I…ah…” she stammered. “I…don’t know what to say. You just sprung this on me without warning.”

“Surely you should have suspected by now that I would want you for a wife.”

“Truthfully, I didn’t….I… the thought never crossed my mind.”

“So? I’m asking you now to be my wife. I promise to be the best husband in the world to you.”

She laughed uneasily. “I don’t doubt it but please give me time to think about it. I’m still in shock now.”

Dave became downcast as he closed the case. He didn’t say a word. He stared at the closed case while Oleng stared at him. They were like that for a long time until she finally cleared her throat

“I want to go home.” she informed him and stood up.

After a slight pause, he stood up and walked to the door. The silence between them on the ride home was nerve racking. When he got to her place, he stopped the car and waited for her to get out. She wanted to but turned to look at him.

“Dave, I’m sorry. Please say something.”

He looked at her with pain. “What do you want me to say after you just shattered my dream? Really Oleng, what is there to think about? You and I have been going out for a while now and you know I’m crazy about you. Surely you must have realized that some day I would ask you to be my wife. What really is your problem? Have I ever hurt you in anyway? Why am I always second class to you? Are you still hoping that somewhere out of the blues, Eric would come back and marry you? Wake up girl! I love you. I love you a lot. Please stop pushing me away.” he threw at her furiously. He was clearly pissed.

Oleng stared at him after his outburst. She was angry at what he said about Eric but controlled her temper because she didn't want to fight with him.

“Please, when we’re talking about our relationship, please don’t ever mention Eric again,” she firmly told her boyfriend. “I understand how you feel. You’re the kind of guy every girl would love to have as a husband but you sprung this on me. I’m too shocked to give a positive answer. Do you want me to say yes then later, after thinking about it, I’d say no; dashing your hopes to the ground? Please give me time to weigh this from every angle. Marriage is for life. Please.”

“Alright,” he finally said. “I’ll give you time. Please don’t tarry with your reply.”

“I won’t. Thanks.” she said smiling and after giving him a peck, she got out and waved him goodbye as he drove off. She let out a deep breath and went inside. What a shocking evening! She confirmed to herself again that Dave was a silent volcano waiting to erupt.

She went inside and was glad that her Aunt and Matthew were already asleep otherwise her Aunt would have quizzed her. After lying on her bed for a while without sleep, she decided to call Zinny to give her some advice.

“Hi Zinny. How far? Were you sleeping?” she asked her friend whom she heard yawning.

“No. I was watching a movie. How far?” Zinny replied sleepily.

“I’ve got news for you.” she said excitedly.

“That’s my girl! I know I can always count on you for correct gist. Wetin dey happen for there?” She was suddenly no longer feeling sleepy.

“Dave proposed to me yesterday.”

“What? It’s a lie.”

“I’m dead serious.”

“What did you tell him? Hope you didn’t say yes.”

“No. I told him I’d think about it but he was quite pissed at my reply…….Wait a minute….Why did you say ‘I hope you didn’t say yes’? What do you mean by that?”

“I don’t know. The thought of you guys as husband and wife isn't appealing to me.”

“What do you mean by that? Weren't you the one who told me to go out with him?”

“Yes. Go out with him but I no say make you marry am na.”

“But surely you knew the relationship could lead to marriage.”

“No. I told you to go out with him so you wouldn’t be lonely and try to get over Eric.”

“I’ve gotten over Eric.” Oleng firmly stated, angry that Zinny had to bring him into the discussion.

“But Eric….” She was interrupted.

“Zinny!” Oleng almost yelled. “How many times will I tell you not to call that name near me?”

“But Oleng, Eric is…”

“What really is your problem, Zinny? Don’t tell me you’ve fallen so much in love with Eric that you can’t even make a sentence without mentioning his name.” she furiously told her friend.

Zinny was silent at her outburst.

“I called you to give me advice. To tell me what to do; not to dig up the sordid past.”

Zinny was silent for a while before she calmly said, “Think about this. How will you feel on the day of your wedding when you see Eric as one of the groom’s men? They are close friends so Eric is bound to come for the wedding. How will you feel then knowing fully well that if circumstances were different, he would have been the one standing beside you at the altar?”

“But circumstances are different now, Zinny if you haven’t noticed.”

“It need not necessarily be. You fit change am.”

Oleng was appalled at what her friend just said, “Zinny! I don’t believe this. You can’t possibly be saying that I should give Eric a second chance?” she asked scandalized.

“Eric is a changed person. He….”

“He put something in your drink, didn’t he? Was he so charming that you started day dreaming about us together; you allowed him use you to try to get to me?”

“Don’t be cruel, Oleng.” Zinny was getting angry.

“I’m not being cruel. You know, you surprise me. You amaze me. You know what Eric did to me. You know how he hurt me, how he abandoned me yet you insinuate that I should go back to him. For what? For a second round of pain?”

“He’s only human. Liable to mistakes.”

Oleng couldn’t believe her ears.

“To err is human but to forgive is divine.” Zinny continued.

“Really? Well, we both know I’m not divine so I can’t forgive him. I made a mistake calling you for advice.” Oleng was almost in tears.

“No. You would be making a mistake marrying Dave.”

“I’ll take my chances afterall, it wouldn’t be the first time I'd face a heavy disappointment from a guy. Thank you. Goodnight.” She was about ending the call when she heard Zinny say,

“Oleng wait! I know you're very upset right now but think about all I just said before giving him your answer.”

“Okay. Thank you.” she rudely said and ended the call abruptly.

She couldn’t quite digest all that Zinny had told her. Why was she so much of an advocate of Eric these days? Had Eric told her a horde of lies? If she answered Dave in the affirmative, of course she would make sure Eric didn’t attend the wedding. She had always wanted a quiet wedding so only a few of her closest friends would be there excluding Eric. She hoped Dave would understand.

She felt so betrayed by Zinny that she didn’t care if the latter came to the wedding or not. Wait a minute, she hadn’t even told Dave yes, yet she was planning her wedding list. She laughed at herself and decided to call Marvy to seek her own opinion about the matter.

“I have something to tell you.” she said after they had exchanged pleasantries.

“What?” Marvy’s interest was piqued.

“Dave asked me to marry him last night.” She held her breath waiting for a reply.

Marvy whooped in delight. “My! That’s wonderful news. I didn’t know you guys had gone so far or is there a bun in your oven?” she teased with euphoria.

Oleng laughed out with relief. “Of course not. I haven’t given him a reply.”

“What are you waiting for girl?”

“I don’t know.”

There was a moment of silence before Marvy said, “Is it because Dave and Eric are friends?”

“Partly.”

“It doesn’t matter. Because things didn’t work out between you and Eric doesn’t mean you'll remain a spinster all your life. You moved on and found another guy, albeit its unfortunate that it’s his friend you moved on with. That’s life for you. Shit happens but life goes on.”

Oleng had to smile. “Thanks so much Marvy. I’m sorry to say Zinny doesn’t feel the same. She wants me to go back to Eric.”

“I’m sorry but Zinny is living in a dream world. When we were all together, she kept murmuring to my ears alone though, that she wished you were there to make them complete. She wished you and Eric were still together. She wants you guys to be as happy as she is with Eddy. You guys were her role models in terms of relationship then, so she was very depressed when you guys broke up.”

“Really? I didn’t know that.” Oleng was amazed.

“Yes. She told me. Eric spoke to her at length but she didn’t tell me what they discussed. Don’t mind her. Just follow your heart. If you feel you still love Eric and you want to be with him, no problem but on the other hand if you love Dave and want him for a husband, follow your heart.”

“I no longer love Eric but then again, I don’t love Dave to the extent of marrying him. I don’t think I’m capable of loving deeply and completely again.”

“Do you see him as a capable husband?”

“Yes.” she said after a moment's thought.

“Then either you marry him or wait for someone else. Maybe the so-called Mr. Right.”

Oleng laughed. “Thank you so much Marvy. I feel so relieved now after Zinny’s heated talk.”

“Don’t worry, Zinny will come around. After all, Dave is a close friend also.”

“Thanks.” Oleng was all smiles.

“You’re welcome but know that my charging fee is five dollars per minute. Hope you weren’t thinking my advice is for free?” she joked.

Oleng laughed happily.

“Hold on Oleng….Have you told Dave about your pregnancy? I mean why you broke up with Eric?”

A dark cloud crossed her beautiful face. She hadn’t even thought of that.

“No. …I don’t know how to tell him… Must I?”

“You must. Tell him now so that he’ll decide if he still wants to marry you or not. Whatever you do, don’t hide that from him.”

“Ok. I’ll find time to tell him. Thanks once more.”

“I’ll send you my bill.” Marvy informed her laughing and Oleng laughed also.

Oleng woke up the following morning with a severe headache. She thought it was probably because of her late night but when it continued, she took some pain killers. By afternoon, the headache returned. She was a bit alarmed because she noticed she had been having the headaches recently but pain killers had helped take care of them.

She was feeling sick by evening and when Dave came to see her she was very quiet, so she wasn’t good company. Dave put it down to the fact that because he had proposed the day before, she was uncomfortable with him. So he decided to leave. She was glad because the headache had gotten worse. She however managed to see him to the door. When he turned to give her a peck at the door, he caught her just in time before she fell to the ground.

He yelled for her Aunt as he held his unconscious girlfriend in his arms. Aunt Vien rushed into the living room and was bewildered to see that her niece had collapsed. In between them, they rushed her to the hospital in his car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
aiyepekuruth: Dis is a wondaful story! Babes pls fire on...
Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by bibie01(f): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eh hen! Thank God collins aff gone. I like that part.
N I also second pammusphy for thinking its Eric's brother that sent Oleng the message. Notwithstanding, I kinda don't want Oleng to go back to Eric when he eventually comes.
Oleng, pls stick with Dave. Don't break his heart.

Thanks Audery n am waiting for your loonngg update.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by avuekwe(f): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please audrey post more na, I'm inside a bus going home. U're just whetting my appetite more... Longthroat no go kill me sha
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by avuekwe(f): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
bibie01: Eh hen! Thank God collins aff gone. I like that part.
N I also second pammusphy for thinking its Eric's brother that sent Oleng the message. Notwithstanding, I kinda don't want Oleng to go back to Eric when he eventually comes.
Oleng, pls stick with Dave. Don't break his heart.

Thanks Audery n am waiting for your loonngg update.

Me, I'm suspecting that eric's neighbour. Remember she didn't sound like she liked oleng at all.

2 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by vonn(f): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Audrey, its soooo UNFAIR!!!!!!
You made me stay up till past 2am with this your story.

Argh!!!!! How can someone be this great in writing.
Now I'm the highest OLIVIA TWIST in town.

I bow for you!

(I feel Eric still has a chance with Oleng)
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by repogirl(f): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ewooooo ehhhh, madam Timms! Great job! You took me on a rollercoaster wave of emotions..... I was dying to get to the end, I can't be left hanging like this o, you must do the needful.... Don't worry we'll talk in privacy Abi private!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by adeayomi08(f): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
Am so enjoying this......... Am waiting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by olarafiat(f): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
history will never 4give me if i no sign register
oga though dis is d 1st 4rm u i'm reading o but I DOFF MY HAT
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
since morning i just dey office dey read this story...even now sef i leave my guys i suppose dey wit,come dey inside car dey read this story...abeg update sharpaly...if i no get to the end,hmmm...something go happen o...drop ur number pls...i wan' call u.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by MsMichaelz(f): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Audrey, Audrey, Audrey, how many times did I call you? Oya come update sharperly. I don refresh this thread tire. So loving your story.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Rhyno02(m): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Audrey oh,pls stop keeping us on our toes,we need an update sharperly
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by OHaddy(f): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
started reading dis lovely piece yesterday..... And it kept me on my toes. Keepup the good work, more ink to your pen.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Olamilekan08(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Woah!! Just finished page 1 and i can't wait to commend you for the part i've read so far.
As one poster said, you really have a nice story, and you tell it befittingly well.
You too gbaski, your head too they there. You made the story so real that at one point i doubt it is a fiction.

One of the best story i've read so far on Nairaland, or even elsewhere.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by bibie01(f): 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
avuekwe:

Me, I'm suspecting that eric's neighbour. Remember she didn't sound like she liked oleng at all.

On a second tot that could be true o, I didn't even remember her sef.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by chibwike(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Audrey my oleng please can and update for you eric na...nice job u re doing ma'am..u re best for now.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Euphrosyne(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
This is just too good to be true. You are really doin a fantastic job. Buh i need more updates as per OLIVER TWIST tins
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hey guys. Thanks so much 4 ur kind comments and 4 following. I rily crave ur indulgence. Make una pity me. My eyes hurt frm always staring at my screen. I nid 2 rest dem 4 a few hours cos I can't find my glasses. I'll hv 2 go and get anoda one soon. If I can ,I'll post b4 I go 2 bed, if nt, den tmro morning. Tanx 4 ur patience and understanding.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by rahmatitohan(f): 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wow. Nice write up. I almost skipped my breakfast for this
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Bhummieluv(f): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
AudreyTimms: Hey guys. Thanks so much 4 ur kind comments and 4 following. I rily crave ur indulgence. Make una pity me. My eyes hurt frm always staring at my screen. I nid 2 rest dem 4 a few hours cos I can't find my glasses. I'll hv 2 go and get anoda one soon. If I can ,I'll post b4 I go 2 bed, if nt, den tmro morning. Tanx 4 ur patience and understanding.
Nyc write up,more vaseline 2 ya elbow!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by orla01(f): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
AudreyTimms: Wow! Tanx a lot dear
U're welcome.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by bookhy(f): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
U r extremely good ma! I love the story...keep it up
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by pammusphy(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Pororo(f): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2014
A wonderful story. Well done. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (109) (Reply)

A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.