Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33203 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by Olanipekuntomi(f): 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
rapmike: Viewing this thread: almacherish, Franasoan.
......... You have a new commer!
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 4:18am On Aug 08, 2014
Welcome! cheesy
Olanipekuntomi: ......... You have a new commer!
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Linda's show of shame was soon the talk of the school,as the drama of that night developed wings and flew away into broadcast mode. People everywhere talked about it, and in a not-too-social varsity like OAU, it failed to die hard. Guys looked at her with some level of derision, the callous ones whistled at her direction. Some crazy guys 'tried their luck' with her, while some just threw a crazy distance between them and her. Ladies were not left out, as they formed 'holier than thou' attitude towards her, her roommates being the worst. She had lost all the respect given to her.

Comfort had moved on, and was facing her studies, with Tunji not making it easy. At times she wondered if it was worth breaking up with him, other times she did not want to think about him. Tunji had come to state his case a number of times,but Cassie and Courage made it hard for him.

Cassie was in her favourite class and had answered a question correctly, leading the lecturer to praise her.
'I hope you boys can see yourselves now.' He said, pointing at some lads. 'That's how you know someone who has a brain in her skull and someone who has coconut in his skull.' He concluded, landing a big slap on a recently barbed hair, which elicited laughter from all quarters.

'Its not my fault that you don't know how to use your head at this age.' He continued, 'I just pity some of you ladies that go after guys with cars.' He said, drawing everyone's attention to Linda, again. 'If you are dumb marry a dumb man because of the little change he has, then I pity the level of dumbness your child will have. A word is enough for the wise.' "Class dismissed."

The class ended in a fit of laughter, Cassie joining the reverie. She was packing her books when a call came through.

It was Tunji

2 Likes

Re: Circle Of Three. by almacherish(f): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2014
D update 2 short ni #TeamComfort
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2014
almacherish: D update 2 short ni #TeamComfort
Am sorry, nah Mosquito bite cause am. No light and insects were swarming at me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Circle Of Three. by ESIXLOVE: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2014
rapmike:
Am sorry, nah Mosquito bite cause am. No light and insects were swarming at me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
no be lie. Mosquitoes wey dey oau dey uncover person blanket. I come there recently.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2014
'Tunji, why are you calling me?'
'Cassie, please let's talk.'
'What Talk? Please don't bother me.'
'Please, just give me a chance.'
'Am I your girlfriend? Please I am not single.' Cassie said, partially mocking him.
'Cassie, I need an entrance back to Comfort's heart, and I need to convince one of you three that I am sincere.'
'Okay, where are you?'
'I am at White house.'
'Meet me SUB.'

Ken was walking towards Awolowo Hall, where Linda stormed towards him.

'Ken, I use God beg you, please forgive me.'
"Why begging me now?" 'Shebi you used to behave like you are holy and above evil, meanwhile you were worse than a prostitute.'
"Ken please." Linda was shedding hot tears.
"Leave me alone!" 'Don't bother me.'
'Please, Ken don't abandon me.'

Ken walked away from her, kicking her hand away in the process. Linda then wondered why Men cannot forgive.

Comfort was in her hall, listening to some jamz when Tunji knocked and came in.

Alone.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:52am On Aug 08, 2014
ESIXLOVE: no be lie. Mosquitoes wey dey oau dey uncover person blanket. I come there recently.

I am in Lagos now........ Ba, why you no show for sometime here self.
Re: Circle Of Three. by ESIXLOVE: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
rapmike:

I am in Lagos now........ Ba, why you no show for sometime here self.
my phone is bad.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
Comfort looked up and realised she was alone, she then positioned herself at the edge of her bunk, carrying a knife.

"Comfort, please I did not come to fight, please put the knife down."
" Who told you that I was alone?" Her eyes looked hotter than the sun.
"Cassie did. Please listen to me, ejo, biko." Tunji went on one knee.

"Oya, am listening. Tell me the lies you cooked for me." Comfort said, fuming.

"I will not lie to you. When I called you and you said that you went for rehearsal, I wanted to wait for you but I could not, so I was already in town when one of my friends called me and asked where I was, that there is party at Diganga." ' That's was where I met Linda.'

'Ehen, continue.' Comfort said, her anger subsiding. Tunji, seeing that, now knelt down completely.

'I don't know if it was the drink or I wanted sex that badly, I accosted her and we talked about sex, then I drove her to Moremi where she sucked my d*ck.' 'From there, we drove to IGI. I was about doing the main thing when her boyfriend came.'

"So you knew she had a boyfriend?"

'To God who made me I did not know...'

"Stop using God's name to swear, he-goat!" Comfort barked.

'Comfort, it was a one-night stand, please forgive me.' Tunji kept pleading.

"See, I can't forgive you now, see the way you made mockery of me, choosing to hurt my feelings like that." 'And if na better girl, I for hear, but na that thing that looks like a child from Somalia you now used,' "Tunji, you are daft!"

"Yes, am daft, correct me mommy." Tunji stylishly whined her.

"Tunji!" Comfort was beginning to shed some tears and Tunji knew that he had won.

"I will not hurt you again, I swear." He declared as he hugged her.
They chatted for some time before he went out. As he was going, he made a call to someone.

"Plan was successful, let's move to step B."
"So fast! Easy on the girl, remember that she must suspect nothing."
"There is nothing to suspect. Let's finish her off!"
Re: Circle Of Three. by ESIXLOVE: 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
did you say finish her up?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Off not up.
ESIXLOVE: did you say finish her up?
Re: Circle Of Three. by Franasoan(f): 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Where are u?plz updateeeeeeeeeeeeoooo
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:21am On Aug 10, 2014
Courage and Cassie were disappointed that Comfort fell so easily for Tunji's explanation. As a matter of fact, Courage was angry.

"So upon everything that happened, you still fell for that rubbish? Comfort, I swear, you no be like me. Chai! Why was I not around? Who told him that you are alone?"

'He said it was Cassie.'

Courage glared at Cassie." So you and Tunji are back together again, abi? Okay, I don hear."

"Comfort, are you sure that Tunji was honest?" 'Because you can't trust men nowadays, he may have ulterior motives. Besides I expected that you will send him out. Anyway, you know why you accepted him.' Cassie said with a sigh.

'I love him.' Comfort answered in between sobs.

Courage's reply was hung in mid-air by a quick reacting Cassie.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:22am On Aug 10, 2014
Franasoan: Where are u?plz updateeeeeeeeeeeeoooo

Am sorry for not updating. MTN frustrated me yesterday.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wetin dey do you sef? The person wey him offend don forgive am, wetin you dey find for there?

Why you no go defend am, shebi Tunji don give you money.

Hey, hold it there! I am Cassie-Blake Adams, am not cheap. Besides its her decision, not yours or mine.

Okay now, my own be say make una no bring Tunji matta come my domot. Courage ended her message.

We don hear, Iyawo Ken.
I no dey date am, he be my friend.
Na so una kind dey talk, you no like am?
Okay, I like him, anything the matter?
Nothing o! I just dey observe.

Comfort, its okay, just be careful. Cassie ended the talk.
As she finished her statement, Ade call came through.

Meanwhile, some miles away at Asherifa, Tunji was having a meeting with some men.
Re: Circle Of Three. by almacherish(f): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Short updates ooo
Re: Circle Of Three. by Rainstorms(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
finish her up-wetin she do
Re: Circle Of Three. by Missmossy(f): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ghen-ghen! Whats Tunji up to sef?

Unsuspense us biko,well done!
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:02am On Aug 11, 2014
'See, she loves me and I want it that way. I just need to break her spirit.' Tunji explained to the two men.

Shefiu was shorter and darker than Tunji,although he compensated that with biceps of the right proportions and a body that was definitely built. His English was awkward at times,but by all means he was clever and wise in the world. Alimi on the other hand, was a thug and a cultist.

'Tunji, I understand you, but what you don't realise is that Comfort does not trust you and that trust is needed for her to be vulnerable.' 'Secondly, the place was not right, if you tried anything funny, she will alert others and that's the end for you.'

'So what do you suggest?' Tunji asked.

'Take your time with her, at least she is not graduating now, let time ease away any doubt she has about you,shower her with love and when she is completely open to you, you strike!'

"Come, this one na long story, just grab am one time may we rape am." Alimi suggested.

"What's wrong with this one? Better hold your temper. Don't you know that SUG dey?" 'Abi you wan make them catch our guy?'

'Shefiu, its okay. I will take your advice,but it should not be too long.' Tunji ended the discussion.

Shefiu and Alimi stood up and left the house, leaving Tunji to his thoughts.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Waiting for update
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
The rest of the month went without event. Tunji and Comfort were closer than ever. Tunji, keeping the advice of Shefiu in mind, was acting cool, as if Linda never existed. Their sex life even returned, as Cassie and Courage looked in sheer amazement at the way Comfort forgot about everything that happened.

Cassie, meanwhile was running into troubled waters with her relationship with Ade. He seemed to have unusually gone cold on her, the text messages had reduced, the calls were now becoming shorter and less frequent, and he was always saying that he was busy at home.

One day, Ade was with his friend, Demola, who could not understand what was happening.
"Guy, wetin do you and that your babe, Cassie?" "Abi una dey fight?"
Ade looked at him, stress written all over his face.
"I am breaking up with Cassie."
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Demola face suddenly changed, his eyes speaking surprise and disbelief.
"Wetin she do you wey you wan dump am like that?"

"Wetin concern you, Demola?" Ade asked.

"See, make I no lie you, you dey lucky as she dey date you. How many babes go gree for guy wey dey below their level? And she no dey fu*k up, she no dey cheat, una dey happy together and suddenly you wan dump am?" ' There is God oh, don't make life difficult for other guys.'

'See, its not my fault, I can't help it. I have to wed another lady and am just getting to know.'
"Eh?" " In this 21 century?" " How come?"
'Its a long story but I will try. My father was a prince, although he was not expecting to be king as the third child. But the first two suddenly died last month and now that there is no one on the throne, he has to take over. As the first son, I am stipulated to marry a Yoruba lady as a minor tradition and Cassie does not fit that. I am just confused and devastated.'

"Wow!" Demola exclaimed. "But when will you tell her?"

'I don't know how I will tell her. We have been together for some time and exams are near. I don't want to affect her exams with this news.'

'See, try and tell her as soon as possible. The earlier she deals with it, the better. Or you can try and search for loopholes in your tradition.'

I will try and do the later. Ade decided. I can't just lose her like that. Thanks a lot, Demola.

"What are friends for?" 'Don't mention. Meanwhile make I put PES2014 make we play, I wan r*pe you and that your Chelsea team today.'

'Na so you dey talk, let's go there.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by almacherish(f): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmmmmm..... Still I read.....
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks, almacherish. Will update later today.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
Cassie had finished preparing for her exams starting on Monday. She was walking towards White House, where Courage was waiting for her when someone tapped her at the back.

She turned around to see a clearly older woman, who despite her age looked in her mid 40s. She wore a long gown which shown all her features and her accessories did not look cheap. Her red lipstick fit perfectly to her darkened face and her clear eyes shone. Whoever she was, she clearly took care of her body.

"Young Lady, I have been meaning to talk to you."

Comfort was walking from the library, where she obviously went there to read. She hardly made visits to the library, certainly someone that did not take reading that serious could not visit the library, as it bores her to death. She was going onm her own, where she hear someone whistling at her direction. A minute later, a finger tapped her shoulder, an action which made her turn.

"Sorry, are you Comfort?" the young man in front of her asked.

Justus was walking his way from Social sciences, after writing an aptitude test. He was tired and hungry as he had read into the night, combining both academic work with this professional examinations. He was walking home which for now was Awolowo Hall, when he hear his name from somewhere. He turned and hissed as he saw the Lady coming.

It was Linda
Re: Circle Of Three. by Rainstorms(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
She turned around to see a clearly older woman,
who despite her age looked in her mid 40s. She
wore a long gown which shown all her features and
her accessories did not look cheap. Her red lipstick
fit perfectly to her darkened face and her clear eyes
shone. Whoever she was, she clearly took care of
her body.
Comfort was walking from the library, where she
obviously went there to read. She hardly made
visits to the library, certainly someone that did not
take reading that serious could not visit the library,
as it bores her to death. She was going onm her
own, where she hear someone whistling at her
direction. A minute later, a finger tapped her
shoulder, an action which made her turn.
"Sorry, are you Comfort?" the young man in front of
her asked.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Rainstorms(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Rainstorms:
She turned around to see a clearly older woman,
who despite her age looked in her mid 40s. She
wore a long gown which shown all her features and
her accessories did not look cheap. Her red lipstick
fit perfectly to her darkened face and her clear eyes
shone. Whoever she was, she clearly took care of
her body.
Comfort was walking from the library, where she
obviously went there to read. She hardly made
visits to the library, certainly someone that did not
take reading that serious could not visit the library,
as it bores her to death. She was going onm her
own, where she hear someone whistling at her
direction. A minute later, a finger tapped her
shoulder, an action which made her turn.
"Sorry, are you Comfort?" the young man in front of
her asked.
Im comfused here
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2014
Rainstorms: Im comfused here

Just watch, don't get too bothered. There are three different scenes happening at the same time there.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Rainstorms(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2014
rapmike:

Just watch, don't get too bothered. There are three different scenes happening at the same time there.
ok bro
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Cassie looked confused and a bit stunned at the statement. She clearly did not know the woman from anywhere and the woman spoke like they were familiar.

'Sorry, ma but I don't remember knowing you from anywhere ma, so I don't know how I have any business with you, ma.' Cassie said defiantly, moving a bit cautiously.

'You don't know me but I know you. The woman answered. At least, you are the Cassie who has been keeping my Adedayo in a daze of affection, so much that he had refused to drop you.'

Cassie, now realising that the only link between them was Adedayo and putting other facts together, realised that she had to be his mum.

'You are Adedayo's mum.' She said assertively.

'So you are as intelligent as he often rants about.' The woman said. 'Yes, I am his mother and we have some things to talk about. Follow me.' She said as she walked towards the staircase, Cassie following automatically.
Re: Circle Of Three. by almacherish(f): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ghen ghen..... Dis one d don d tap everybody.... E be lyk say comfort own finishin up abi off na 2day........... Still i read

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / 12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.