Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,329 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! (24627 Views)

Elajoe Is Wack / Illbliss Is Wack / Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Shafiu1: 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
xamuel17: Haven't watched it.. As far am concerned, any music video that doesn't give me erections is rubbish to me smiley
Lol perv
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by joseph1832(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
Em, so is the song!. I wonder why people are surprise?.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
Vicjay1: this is what happens when you expect too much from somebody. i was disappointed at the video. no story line. since most of us don't even know what the song means, they would have used the video to explain it to us.
DON JAZZY: This is the part i hate most. How can you be dancing in a business meeting? does that make you a boss? playing golf from IKOYI to WASHINGTON? In your dreams.
REKANDO BANKS: just there nothing special except the dance moves which i liked.

Exactly...that part makes no sense at all.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by officerfudo: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
undecidedDem for no kuku do d video bt on second thought maybe we expected 2 much,
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
That song doesn't need a video.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Kayworld26: Exactly...that part makes no sense at all.
No story line cuz there was no story to tell.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by ebonyjummy(f): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
The video is ok buh that scene where Tiwa Savage tasted her ‘hot tea’….was a NO, NO for me – yeah it was funny but …oh please! ”
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by francis247(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
What were people expecting? As far as I'm concerned it's like song like video. WACK. Can't get enough of it though.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Aida13: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
The video was a disappointment. Why am I not surprised? This is a hands-down DANCE track, but the video didn't even have ONE major dance scene?? Nothing to make you come back for another look. I'm very disappointed. Only Omoba D'Prince looked like he knew what to do. Tiwa who I expected to wow us with some diva moves just sat there making dumb faces LMAOO

PS I loved the SURULERE video. That video had it all. Seeing people dancing energetically and enthusiastically makes you want to watch it again and again. Also, the MEGBELE video shows you how things are done.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by BravooJoe(m): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
princesaam: The video is a No for me, I was expecting something better for a good TOP song like that even thou the new member get to be introduce together but still guys. How I so which you guys can make another new video like Davido did on Skelewu videos. Do something interesting on the video please guys or rather put the competition out for people to win in other to get the dancing moves and from their you can create a good better dancing move video.

More comments....

Can't remember when last the South Africa artist go crazy about shooting most of the videos in Nigeria and besides that, it was never about the place but the story behind the songs. Stay in your country and do good music.

Thanks and God bless.

i wonda o!¡!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by ifeanyi83(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
I very much agree. With the hype the song generated, i expected more. Talking about Kemi Adetiba, she's a genius. I fell in love with her work for Bez's "More you" and "Say". She's simply awesome.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by warribadtguy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
no offense since its just my opinion, buh how are you guys failing to see the comedic side of the video... for a start donjazzy was in a meeting agreed,he is the boss and he wanted to dance, who could stop him? nobody ofcourse. no one talked about the big label onn donjazzy' suit, why? because it was easy to spot the joke (likely the same way most nigerians claim to like the comedies of basketmouth and ay and co over the greats like pryor or eddie murphy or dave chapelle or chris rock) because it is intellectually toned down for you guys, no offense once again...someone is mad at the part of the video where a guy tees a golf ball frm ikoyi to washington dc (white house). for petes sake the part of the song said DORO-SKILLFUL. dumbass, tiwa drinking hot tea,u guys anticipated a hot figure 8 lady, the concept changed to avoid d arguement of it was a predictable video,very funny tiwa, someone also said tiwa killed the tempo, if dts ur complaint bear in mind tiwa isnt all uptempo, listen to her album and come bck with your critique. the lady climbing the ladder is annoying some people?? are you not one sad fu_k. the original follow the ladder ibo gospel song portrayed some ppl climbing the ladder to heaven and it was damn funny, same idea replicated and some people cry foul ('i like tht sweet but since its nt mine automatically d sweet stinks' mentality)mstcheew.. everybody screaming dance dance dance...new dance style new dance style,UNA DON DANCE SHOKI FINISH??... the video was meant to portray the extravagance of the doro empire and by my standards, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. If you are still mad after this *in phyno's voice* NWANNEM SUE YOURSELF...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by MRL1MPoPoTM: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
no amount of the op's and nairalanders redundant rants wld make me loathe it. if u don't like the concept shoot your own vid the sky is too big for all birds to fly...I'll stop to love dorobucci vid only wen Tahiti lifts world cup #tonguesout
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by austinben: 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
whats d essence of going 2 South africa 2 shoot dat video.clarence peters or kemi would done a better job on dat video.DoroWACK
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by vokalguy(m): 2:10am On Jul 27, 2014
Abiodun2014: dude if u think the vids is Wack, shw us the video u directed! Mstchewwww *bad belle*

Hello, everything is not considered 'bad belle' I heard the song about 2 months back and fell in love. As soon as I heard the video was on YouTube, I did not even watch it on my laptop, I decided to watch it on my TV screen cus frankly I was expecting a world class video to go with a very catchy song. 'Disappointed' would be an understatement to be honest... I felt like they could have done BETTER... So please not everybody is a hater or bad belle just cus they do not like the video, our expectations were high and we thought they could do better!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by dom(m): 6:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Ol boy, if you're suffering from erectile dysfunction why not see a doctor. Why blame it on music videos.
xamuel17: Haven't watched it.. As far am concerned, any music video that doesn't give me erections is rubbish to me smiley
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by dayosweetness(m): 2:00am On Jul 28, 2014
d video is so cool..nigerians shld learn to appreciate..u dat brot up dis topic,u are d most foolish fool av eva know
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by vokalguy(m): 6:34am On Jul 28, 2014
dayosweetness: d video is so cool..nigerians shld learn to appreciate..u dat brot up dis topic,u are d most foolish fool av eva know

Permit me to call you 'dumb' and uneducated. The video is so cool huh? You mind explaining why its so cool? The OP is entitled to his or her opinion so please if you do not have anything good to contribute to this tread, kindly STFU
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Genea(f): 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
Kemi Adetiba dis,Kemi Adetiba dat,wait ooo,how many videos have been directed by dis person sef....Don jazzy has been directing videos n it has been good,if dis aiint upto ya expectation,den just accept it bt don't compare to someone just new in d game because he/she directed one hit vid n it was goood,Don J is my take anytym anyday,he has read ya comments nxt tym,he will improve.....d vid is a 6/10 for me
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by dayosweetness(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
vokalguy:

Permit me to call you 'dumb' and uneducated. The video is so cool huh? You mind explaining why its so cool? The OP is entitled to his or her opinion so please if you do not have anything good to contribute to this tread, kindly STFU
vokalguy:
..lolzz..i can see hw educated u are..permit me to call you daft..coz one is entitled to his opinion doesnt mean you should criticize and judge tins with ur d**k..u av just shown dat u are an immature embryo..go and man up plzz
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Friedfred(m): 2:20am On Jul 29, 2014
** reading comments while drinking kunu with donjazy **
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by homesteady(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
I just watched the video on a 'TV' yesterday, and I want to apologise to don jazzy for calling the video wack!
I only watched it on youtube with my phone, and many things were just hidden!
The picture quality is superb, everything is just too cool! Before I did not like that korode's part, but I just realised that's just the best part of the video! He was really a superstar in the video.
That tiwa's part was also interesting, especially that hot tea part grin that ladder woman part was interesting to me, because I watched one funny instagram video that has this same ladder concept! But I would have loved to see more action in her part!

Before I rated the video 4.5/10 now the rating has gone up to 9.5/10
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by homesteady(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
warribadtguy: no offense since its just my opinion, buh how are you guys failing to see the comedic side of the video... for a start donjazzy was in a meeting agreed,he is the boss and he wanted to dance, who could stop him? nobody ofcourse. no one talked about the big label onn donjazzy' suit, why? because it was easy to spot the joke (likely the same way most nigerians claim to like the comedies of basketmouth and ay and co over the greats like pryor or eddie murphy or dave chapelle or chris rock) because it is intellectually toned down for you guys, no offense once again...someone is mad at the part of the video where a guy tees a golf ball frm ikoyi to washington dc (white house). for petes sake the part of the song said DORO-SKILLFUL. dumbass, tiwa drinking hot tea,u guys anticipated a hot figure 8 lady, the concept changed to avoid d arguement of it was a predictable video,very funny tiwa, someone also said tiwa killed the tempo, if dts ur complaint bear in mind tiwa isnt all uptempo, listen to her album and come bck with your critique. the lady climbing the ladder is annoying some people?? are you not one sad fu_k. the original follow the ladder ibo gospel song portrayed some ppl climbing the ladder to heaven and it was damn funny, same idea replicated and some people cry foul ('i like tht sweet but since its nt mine automatically d sweet stinks' mentality)mstcheew.. everybody screaming dance dance dance...new dance style new dance style,UNA DON DANCE SHOKI FINISH??... the video was meant to portray the extravagance of the doro empire and by my standards, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. If you are still mad after this *in phyno's voice* NWANNEM SUE YOURSELF...
Gbam!!
Everybody was anticipating a dance video, including myself, I'm sure that's why people are disappointed with the video!
But when you remove that dance idea from your mind, you'll see that the video is actually great and nice!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / VIDEO DOWNLOAD : Iyanya – Ur Waist / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.