Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? (3192 Views)

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by damiso(f): 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
I know some people would label me as mean and stingy but i really do not see myself buying designer clothes(not high street labels) for my kid.I do not have kids yet and i do want to give my children the best that i can afford when they start coming but i cannot see myself buying a £300 pair of shoes for my 6 yr old. A friend of mine wanted to buy a £80 polo t-shirt for an 18 month old baby,which i argued with her was not necessary.I will of course buy good quality clothes for my kids but why should i waste £80 to buy a shirt he might not wear in the next 6 months because its ralph lauren?

I personally see clothing as need you must fulfill for your children but designer clothing is another thing.I believe kids should have something to look forward to as i remember looking forward to starting work to be able to afford some of the luxuries i now give myself.My mom was very nice by introducing me and my siblings to stuff like perfumes at a young age but she just bought us the normal ones like Avon so we would imbibe the culture of smelling nice.I remember asking why the ones she bought us were different from hers and she always said 'this is what i can afford when you start working or saving your pocket monet you can get designer ones'.I remember how elated how i was when i saved my pocket money and got my first bottle of cool water by davidoff.Ever since i have started working i now appreciate the scarifices i have to make to buy myself nice things.So i believe if my child likes designer labels,wait till you can afford it with your money.

I believe buying kids designer labels at a tender age is a waste of money.Thats my opinion.So what do you think?
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
Asides the waste of money, kis=ds grow very fast and can outgrow cloths in a short time, so Y bother to buy such expensive outfit and in the next 6 months, the child cant wear it. There are so many lovely, not to expensive cloths children can wear and look nice.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by Akinagirl(f): 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2008
Exactly ayosomethin, I wouldnt buy them designer clothes, but nice clothes. I dont see a reason to buy designer clothes when they grow fast and grow out of them, to me its a waste of money. Its like buying them a bunch of toys that will only end up in the closet or broken.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by lammy2(f): 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2008
Designer clothes are over rated, there are good brands out there, that are not designers but are quality but at a reduced price, i 'd prefer to buy quality not necessarily designers, can save money that way and spend it on more worthwhile projects.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by ifyalways(f): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2008
I wud wear my kids good and comfy clothes but wud invest a better part of my money on their future ie savings and their education rather than buying a £100 shirt for them Xcept though on special occasions like birthday or performing extraordinarily well in school.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by agaba123(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
investor
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by iice(f): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2008
@Topic no.

Ok maybe one or two pieces in there
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by JustGood(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2008
I dont look for designers. I just buy for I believe I should buy for my kids. Thankfully, my kids are not bothered about such things.
My first told me he liked a jacket recently that my wife bought for a new arrival here - the jacket was from primark and I bought it for my son. He likes it
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by rubi(f): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2008
Efeoma adighi agwu agwu.
@Once in a while I will but will not lie to them if I can't. just to please them?
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by lucabrasi(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2008
kids are human beings as well and have the same right to nice stuffs like you do so why not, does the fact that a teenager outgrows clothes make designer clothers or shoes a no no?
whenever i have kids,ill get same things for him/her as im gettn for myself be it designers or not
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2008
Nice clothes are ok for kids they don't have to be extravagant and expensive. . . . . . .

And we must also be careful of what we teach them. . . . . . . .they still have a

long way to go, I don't think designer labels are on their priority list. . . . . . undecided
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by abujabooks(f): 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
I have 3 kids and I will not buy designer clothes.

I buy quality clothes from NEXT clothing, Marks & Spencer and others.

Kids outgrow their footwear & clothing like no man's biz.

Kids' clothes are expensive compared to adults anyway.

I am an investor and I don't waste money on liabilities.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by MrCrackles(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
i would definitely

when i have my kiddies, they would be spoilt rotten

Nice, designer and dapper apparels just like their father {Brash} and their would-be mother {u know who u r} tongue rocks
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by tope2000(f): 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2008
No because they will outgrow it eventually but maybe a little bit but not alot sha
Decent clothes is good, buying designer clothes is like waiting of money really undecided
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by tpia: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by MrCrackles(m): 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2008
tope2000:

No because they will outgrow it eventually but maybe a little bit but not alot sha
Decent clothes is good, buying designer clothes is like waiting of money really undecided

so designer clothes are not decent Tope?
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by plappville(f): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2008
I do buy for my kids, it is my pleasure, i am that type that like good clothes so i find it hard not going in a mark shop once in a while, my kids best mark is [b]IKKS [/b]for kids but they are mostly used for occassion like sunday service, birthday in school and when we go for vacation, but as for everyday use i buy in a normal shop. This doesn't stop me from saving for their future.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by kokoye(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2008
My boy wears Ralph Lauren from head to toe, courtesy his mom of course - she does a very good job at it .

But guess what - she only buys them when / where theyre on sale. Like she'll pay $5 for a polo shirt that's originally $25. When the high-end stores in the U.S run out of space, they send some of their wares to stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls and those in turn sell them for way less - that's where the wifey goes to shop for my boy.

It doesnt make sense to spend big all the time for kids cos they grow up every week. But if you get the stuff you really want for like 80% off the original price, why not ?

I bought him some pricy timberland boots for him birthday, but I made sure they were two sizes higher than his current foot size and they still fit good too. grin
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by KarmaMod(f): 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2008
kokoye, you know very well TJ Maxx & Marshalls arent THAT cheap esp in regards to clothes for males tongue
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by kokoye(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod,

well, a lot of my son's clothes were bought from these stores and I know they are at times havily discounted. Again not all the times but surely at times. She will not buy if the prices are high

You want make I scan receipts show you??  because my wife always makes sure she shows me the receipts or I go vex  - she too dey buy clothes for the boy.

Anyway, even high end stores like Macys and Nordstroms even have crazy sales at times - you just have to get lucky to be there then. Or buy the local newspaper and cut out the coupons. I'm talking from wifely experiences

But NY pricing can be different from other parts of the country though
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by mohawkchic(f): 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2008
~I agree with the concept of instilling some values,however me thinks its a matter of personal choice how they are instilled!!

~Whats the point of making/having the money if you can't get some sort of Satisfaction or Gratification if you like,no matter how shallow it might seem,if i can afford it,i don't see any harm iin buying labels at all!!- besides My son puts the clothes on,clueless about what label it is/how much it costs,he can roll in mud for all he cares ,its just clothes!!!! Thats the way  i look at it too!!

~My Mam does buy more labels than i do!! as the first grandchild,she spoils him Roootten with designer labels even i wouldnt buy!! from Boxers to socks,t-shirts, jackets, Jeans . . I aint complaining!! wink

~I personally think,the stores & availability for boys clothes in the UK is ever so limited!! From Adams,Next,H&M,Baby Gap, United Colours of Benetton,Primark . . . When you go to kiddy parties its like an "asobi" . . . So i'd long ago given up tryiing to buy clothes from the UK on a regular basic,so my Mam does almost all of my son's shopping Fom the US!She's got a nose for bargains,i don't think any of those clothes has ever come with a full price!!Not all Designer labels

~When i do buy from here tho i don't usually set out to specifically buy designer labels,but if i see something i like,i buy it:if its on sale,all the better!! T.K Maxx has great offers on labels for kids!!
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by chika98: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2008
T.K Maxx is the way to go for brand names for kids. If i can afford it why not. . if not primark here i come .lol
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by KarmaMod(f): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2008
You want make I scan receipts show you?? because my wife always makes sure she shows me the receipts or I go vex - she too dey buy clothes for the boy.

Lol would you rather it all be on herself

To make a snappy dresser, you have to start from very young wink
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2008
k
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by kokoye(m): 12:39am On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod ,

I dont have a problem with her shopping for him - he looks sharp all the time.

Now imagine, if she's doing this for a boy, what'll she do for a baby girl??

My fear is when we have a daughter, them I'm in trouble cos I'm sure we both agree the malls here are made for females - so maybe my wife'll start living in the malls shopping for her girl.
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by KarmaMod(f): 12:42am On Nov 19, 2008
May that girl come very soon

Ami ashe tongue
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by Busybody2(f): 3:04am On Nov 19, 2008
Amen grin grin grin
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by Busybody2(f): 3:05am On Nov 19, 2008
When my son's grandparents are not bombarding us with designer gear from US and Austria, he's the only grandchild I shop for him using Vertbaudet and LaRedoute catalogue, I love the boys outfit from those catalogues, trust the French to always get it right.

Personally, I like to mix and match. No matter how much designer clobber a sukusuku person adorns, they would still look like jakujaku cool

How many brown trouser is one too many? My boy's got over 60 variation shocked Apart from jeans, what other colour is there grin
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by osisi6(f): 3:11am On Nov 19, 2008
designer clothes that they'll outgrow in 3 months?
waste of money.
If it's not at Ross,Marshalls,T J Max,Kohl's or target
they can forget it
Will I eat the clothes when I'm hungry?
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by tRoOE(f): 3:39am On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]Yes i will, i don't mind dressing up my daughter with the most expensive clothes. So what is the use of having money then, if I can not buy lovely things for my child.
[/size]
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by osisi6(f): 3:44am On Nov 19, 2008
I'm not surprised.
Ms fashion grin
Re: Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? by tRoOE(f): 3:56am On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]lol osis you are not serious[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Cheat On Their Decent Wives After 2 Yr Of Marriage? / Why Do Women Like Calling Each Other Ashawo! / Watch The 1st Nigerian Kids Cartoon That Celebrates Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.